Who is going to coach the Billikens tonight?

willie

I'd take him even if we don't get Jayson out of it. Don't know which assistant we'd get rid of though. Seems like he could help with local recruiting (although I feel like someone said that one reason he hasn't made a jump to college yet is because he doesn't want to recruit).

Your recruiting statement feels to me like one of those internet things. Someone posts maybe he doesn't want to recruit, and all of a sudden it's gospel that Tatum doesn't want to coach in college because of recruiting. My uninformed guess is he would jump at a college job if offered.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Your recruiting statement feels to me like one of those internet things. Someone posts maybe he doesn't want to recruit, and all of a sudden it's gospel that Tatum doesn't want to coach in college because of recruiting. My uninformed guess is he would jump at a college job if offered.

No doubt, why in the world would he not want to coach for SLU, where he can be at a great D-I program and stay home with family? If we offered, he would accept.

He has said on multiple interviews on the radio that he wouldn't be interested in the college game because of all the recruiting. He might change his mind but I've heard him say this a couple of times

He is doing OK at CB, but he isn't getting rich either.

He is a high school basketball coach at a school that is not far from going under financially, I think he would jump at a college coaching gig. Does SLU require a college degree to be a coach and does anyone know if Justin got one while at McKendree?

He is a high school basketball coach at a school that is not far from going under financially, I think he would jump at a college coaching gig. Does SLU require a college degree to be a coach and does anyone know if Justin got one while at McKendree?

Now you are just trying to stir up . Tatum has a degree. You have to have one to be a head coach in MO.

http://www.zoominfo.com/p/Justin-Tatum/1251746305

http://www.cbccadets.org/Winter/Basketball/tatum.html

"Justin Tatum is finishing his 6th season as the Boys' Head Basketball Coach at Soldan International Studies and now entering his first year as Varsity Head Basketball Coach at Christian Brothers College High School. Justin Tatum ranks as one of premier Head Coaches in the state of Missouri with a record of 116 wins and 54 loses over the past 6 years.

Justin played high school basketball at Christian Brothers College where he helped lead the Cadets to a state title in 1997 under Coach Bob McCormack. In the summer of 1996, he was named to the AAU All American team where his team won Nationals with a record of 51-6 for the summer. He then went to Saint Louis University where he received his bachelors in Criminal Justice. He also helped lead the Billikens to a Conference Championship in 2000 and made an NCAA appearance under Coach Lorenzo Romar. During Justin's time at SLU he was named the Conference USA First Team All Defense player and was ranked 6th in block shots at SLU.

He has transitioned from basketball player to basketball coach. Justin has been to state three times where he took 3rd place in 2010 and 2011. In 2012, he took home the State Championship with the Soldan Tigers. He has also won three PHL Conferences and three District Championships. In 2012, Justin Tatum was recognized as Coach of the Year. Justin is also a trainer with W.I.T.T.S Training Academy, a Saint Louis based basketball Development Company. He has assisted his AAU program (W.I.T.T.S) in their first year in existence to an Elite 7th place finish at the National AAU Tournament. Lastly, Justin was the head coach of the St.Louis Eagles 16u Nike select AAU team this past summer."

Jesus people at least look up some sort of info about the guy before spewing out baseless garbage.

"Justin Tatum is finishing his 6th season as the Boys' Head Basketball Coach at Soldan International Studies and now entering his first year as Varsity Head Basketball Coach at Christian Brothers College High School. Justin Tatum ranks as one of premier Head Coaches in the state of Missouri with a record of 116 wins and 54 loses over the past 6 years.

Justin played high school basketball at Christian Brothers College where he helped lead the Cadets to a state title in 1997 under Coach Bob McCormack. In the summer of 1996, he was named to the AAU All American team where his team won Nationals with a record of 51-6 for the summer. He then went to Saint Louis University where he received hisbachelors in Criminal Justice. He also helped lead the Billikens to a Conference Championship in 2000 and made an NCAA appearance under Coach Lorenzo Romar. During Justin's time at SLU he was named the Conference USA First Team All Defense player and was ranked 6th in block shots at SLU.

He has transitioned from basketball player to basketball coach. Justin has been to state three times where he took 3rd place in 2010 and 2011. In 2012, he took home the State Championship with the Soldan Tigers. He has also won three PHL Conferences and three District Championships. In 2012, Justin Tatum was recognized as Coach of the Year. Justinis also a trainer with W.I.T.T.S Training Academy, a Saint Louis based basketball Development Company. He has assisted his AAU program (W.I.T.T.S) in their first year in existence to an Elite 7th place finish at the National AAU Tournament. Lastly, Justin was the head coach of the St.Louis Eagles 16u Nike select AAU team this past summer."

Jesus people at least look up some sort of info about the guy before spewing out baseless garbage.

I guess I better admit I am wrong on that one. I am shocked he got a degree at SLU.

Justin played high school basketball at Christian Brothers College where he helped lead the Cadets to a state title in 1997 under Coach Bob McCormack. In the summer of 1996, he was named to the AAU All American team where his team won Nationals with a record of 51-6 for the summer. He then went to Saint Louis University where he received his bachelors in Criminal Justice. He also helped lead the Billikens to a Conference Championship in 2000 and made an NCAA appearance under Coach Lorenzo Romar. During Justin's time at SLU he was named the Conference USA First Team All Defense player and was ranked 6th in block shots at SLU.

He has transitioned from basketball player to basketball coach. Justin has been to state three times where he took 3rd place in 2010 and 2011. In 2012, he took home the State Championship with the Soldan Tigers. He has also won three PHL Conferences and three District Championships. In 2012, Justin Tatum was recognized as Coach of the Year. Justin is also a trainer with W.I.T.T.S Training Academy, a Saint Louis based basketball Development Company. He has assisted his AAU program (W.I.T.T.S) in their first year in existence to an Elite 7th place finish at the National AAU Tournament. Lastly, Justin was the head coach of the St.Louis Eagles 16u Nike select AAU team this past summer."

Everything you read on the Internet is true right? He went to McKendree after SLU. Just because that doesn't say so doesn't make it not true. I go to McK now and he took us to a final four way back when (Don't quote me on that). Check your facts before "spewing out baseless garbage" at other posters.

Good lord you're like one of those morons from the stltoday forums

That's right. I forgot. He got his freshman year of eligibility back after he graduated in four years. That is how he was able to play at McKendree after Romar told him not to come back.

Everything you read on the Internet is true right? He went to McKendree after SLU. Just because that doesn't say so doesn't make it not true. I go to McK now and he took us to a final four way back when. Check your facts before "spewing out baseless garbage" at other posters.

He is right. He got a degree from SLU.

Everything you read on the Internet is true right? He went to McKendree after SLU. Just because that doesn't say so doesn't make it not true. I go to McK now and he took us to a final four way back when (Don't quote me on that). Check your facts before "spewing out baseless garbage" at other posters.

Why would CBC have wrong info on their own athletic website? If so then it's their fault not mine, I'm just trying to display facts not hear-say.

The story I am familiar with is that Tatum had been considering "applying" for a fifth year/fourth season at SLU after he finished his bachelor's, since he had one year left of eligibility. Romar didn't let/want him to, so he went to grad school at McKendree:

http://business.highbeam.com/435553/article-1G1-68539741/tatum-may-seek-another-year-slu

The question is, what did Tatum do that made him such a "cancer?" Plenty of players have been "pushed out" before their eligibility was gone. Nobody paints Christian Salecich as a bad actor because he finished his career hopping around between various smaller schools. Would anybody balk at Grandy Glaze coming back as an assistant coach if he doesn't play this year and is not invited back as a fifth year senior next year?

I'm still curious what Tatum did, exactly. I can't ever remember hearing specifics.

CBC in financial trouble?