Who is going to coach the Billikens tonight?

willie

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

some of you may be surprised to learn that Coach Crews called ME, late last night, to fill in. Something about my Hoosier roots, and intimate knowledge of match up zones, or whatever.

I'm starting the guys he wants me to, but will rotate heavily, including walk-ons, to find the hot hand....

Justin would be a fine addition to the staff.

I've supported this idea for a while now. He's still a young coach at 36 and probably looking for an entry into the college game in the very near future. I respect Calbert Cheaney as a member of the staff and think that he brings a lot to the table in terms of playing experience, but Justin would actually bring significant coaching experience. He has done a fine job at CBC.

Whether or not his son comes to SLU, I think having Justin on staff would add much greater strength to our local recruitment as well. Considering that there will be a substantial amount of basketball talent coming out of St Louis in the next few years, that recruitment could be vital to raising the program to the next level. I would be all for adding Justin to the staff as a SLU basketball alum. Who knows, Justin could end up being a bigger factor to SLU's development than Jayson....

They're bringing back Soderberg for ONE night only. Reserve your tickets now, they're expecting a sellout.

and it's being played at the family arena (congrats on post #1000)

Justin would be a fine addition to the staff.

Have you met Justin? I talked to some people last week at the Pattonville Tournament who have kids who play with Jayson during the summer for the Eagles and I recounted my memories of Justin from my time at SLU (he was the definition of team cancer) and they all said that he has not changed much and is still a piece of work. He is not someone I would want involved in any capacity at SLU. It says a lot about CBC that they brought him on.

Have you met Justin? I talked to some people last week at the Pattonville Tournament who have kids who play with Jayson during the summer for the Eagles and I recounted my memories of Justin from my time at SLU (he was the definition of team cancer) and they all said that he has not changed much and is still a piece of work. He is not someone I would want involved in any capacity at SLU. It says a lot about CBC that they brought him on.

Have you met Justin?

Have you met Justin?

I was a freshman working for the team the year Justin was asked to move along, so he was around the program that first semester. I was really good friends with one of the freshmen on that team who spent a lot of time with Justin. I don't want to get into it too much, both neither of them had any place on a college campus let alone mentoring youth (both would be kicked off of the team and I believe both are now in coaching).

I was a freshman working for the team the year Justin was asked to move along, so he was around the program that first semester. I was really good friends with one of the freshmen on that team who spent a lot of time with Justin. I don't want to get into it too much, both neither of them had any place on a college campus let alone mentoring youth (both would be kicked off of the team and I believe both are now in coaching).

I know at least five kids decently well who played for Tatum in some form or another. Every single one of them considers him a father figure and a great coach. He gets rave reviews from those who have played for him

But ok for your SPUMAC, right? :rolleyes:

I know at least five kids decently well who played for Tatum in some form or another. Every single one of them considers him a father figure and a great coach. He gets rave reviews from those who have played for him

That's what I have heard as well from a friend who works with Tatum at CBC. I was still in high school when Justin was a Billiken, so I am not familiar with any specifics of his supposed malfeasance as a player. Does anybody care to elaborate?

I'd take him even if we don't get Jayson out of it. Don't know which assistant we'd get rid of though. Seems like he could help with local recruiting (although I feel like someone said that one reason he hasn't made a jump to college yet is because he doesn't want to recruit).