Tuesday, December 9th, 2014
South Dakota State VS Saint Louis Billikens
Chaifetz Arena 7:00 p.m. (CST)

B4TMWGpIUAAbL1p.jpg

TV: FSMW / FCSC

Channel finder: here

Stats: Here

Radio: 101 the fan, click here

Radio broadcast will air on 101 ESPN (101.1 FM and 101Sports.com). As always, Billiken Hall of Famer Bob Ramsey will provide the play-by-play, while St. Louis American Sports Editor Earl Austin Jr. handles the analysis.

Backup link: here

Streaming: Good news, we are back to high quality streams for the next seven games. Every game on Fox Sports Midwest will fall under this format for streaming. The feed is always streaming therefore you guys can test the streaming links any time to make sure it works for you before the game. If you have any questions feel free to post/pm.

VLC2.1+tablet+mobile links can be viewed with i-Pad, i-Phone, and VLC or MX Player on Android.

Copy to VLC 264k

Copy to VLC 464k

Copy to VLC 1264k

Copy to VLC 3964k

The higher the number the better quality the stream. Please find the one that works best with your internet speed.

VLC Media Player is an open-source application that gives you the ability to play media from your computer or a disk, or to stream it from the Web. Have your favorite videos playing in a snap through this app's intuitive interface. It has been around for years, and has over 60 million active downloads.

Windows 32bit link: http://get.videolan....2.1.5-win32.exe

Windows 64 bit link: http://download.vide...2.1.5-win64.exe

Mac link: http://www.videolan....oad-macosx.html

*NOTE: When installing, select > delete preferences and cache.

You will also need to make an adjustment to VLC. ------ VERY IMPORTANT!!
1st, Open VLC > Go to Tools > Preferences
Select the radio button "Show Settings" -- "All" (near the bottom)
Select input/codecs.
Scroll down to advanced, and change the value for Network Caching to 5000 (ms).
This helps to prevent dropped frames and provides a more stable stream.

NOTE: It is much better to view streams through the VLC stand alone program, than to view it through a browser/VLC association.
The best way is to.... copy the .m3u8 file given... > open VLC... > click in middle of screen.... > press (keyboard) ctrl+v (to paste link) into VLC... > press play.

Quick guide:

1) Download VLC, during installation click delete preferences and cache

2) Go to Tools/Preferences/input coding and change Network Caching to 5000(ms) from 1000(ms)

3) paste (via ctrl v) link from above into middle of the screen and click play or click media open network stream. Then paste link and hit play.

4) Enjoy, change volume, full screen etc.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This website incorporates links to other websites maintained by unaffiliated third parties. With the exception of the Billikens.com (www.billikens.com), these websites are neither owned by nor under the control of Billikens.com. Billikens.com is not responsible for the contents of any third party website. We provide such links as a convenience to our website users, and inclusion of any link implies neither our endorsement of its website nor any association with its operators or owners.

I got as far as this message; any advice?

Media encapsulated as M4V cannot be streamed through the HTTP protocol for technical reasons

Are you using vlc at all?

You need to open that program

then copy link location and paste that as a network stream.

If you have team viewer I can do it for you.

Use these, people. No need to download anything.

Streaming: Good news, we are back to high quality streams for the next seven games. Every game on Fox Sports Midwest will fall under this format for streaming. The feed is always streaming therefore you guys can test the streaming links any time to make sure it works for you before the game. If you have any questions feel free to post/pm.

VLC2.1+tablet+mobile links can be viewed with i-Pad, i-Phone, and VLC or MX Player on Android.

Copy to VLC 264k

Copy to VLC 464k

Copy to VLC 1264k

Copy to VLC 3964k

Go_Bills already does enough work, everyone. Just read the damn thread. If you can figure out how to post here, you can figure out how to stream these games.

Go_Bills, thanks again. I used the highest def link last night and the feed was perfect. To those of you who struggle loading it, it's not quite as easy as figuring out how to post here, but after ~ 5 more tries last night, I've got it down. The step I struggled with was forgetting to right click the streaming link, 3964K, then left clicking "copy link location."

Not sure if that will work for everyone but that's what I was missing.

Go_Bills already does enough work, everyone. Just read the damn thread. If you can figure out how to post here, you can figure out how to stream these games.

:D, get em!

Go_Bills, thanks again. I used the highest def link last night and the feed was perfect. To those of you who struggle loading it, it's not quite as easy as figuring out how to post here, but after ~ 5 more tries last night, I've got it down. The step I struggled with was forgetting to right click the streaming link, 3964K, then left clicking "copy link location."

Not sure if that will work for everyone but that's what I was missing.

Sweet, yeah it's not exactly the easiest thing in the world but the quality makes up for learning curve. Glad you got it working!

Here's my short/easy guide: if anyone can add to it feel free.

1) Must download VLC and install VLC. (It's open source and the best media player out on the market). Download links in first post based on if you are a windows or mac user.

2) Copy link location of one of the four links posted. The higher the number the faster your internet connection needs to be to view it. The 3964k is considered high quality hd.

3) Open VLC

4) Open Network Stream, Mac users hit the green plus then you should see file, then network stream.

5) Paste the network stream: should look like http://ftve1100-i.akamaihd.net/hls/live/217046/fcsc/1264k/prog.m3u8

6) hit stream/play

7) hit play again

8) full screen and enjoy.

I will post our next media thread this Friday with VLC streaming links. If you are one of the people that is struggling with these streams they are always on. Therefore, feel free to shoot me a pm and we get it working before Saturday that way you won't have to risk missing another game.

--Go Bills