WSU GDT

slu72

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Again, someone explain to me why manning should ever get minutes over Gillman or Jolly?

I'm sorry but Jolly does not defend. His flopping on hopeful offensive fouls is his entire defensive repertoire. At least Manning sticks his body in there and occasionally defends the rim. Neither Gillmann nor Jolly has learned how to defend the post. You noticed tonight that Gillmann has been moved out to the 4 where he won't have to bang inside as much. That may be where he needs to play until he gains more strength. Gillmann did of course have a nice offensive display tonight. But he needs to defend. Manning isn't the final answer. But at least he presents an obstacle instead of an open path to the hoop. None of the three give us much interior offense.

I'm sorry but Jolly does not defend. His flopping on hopeful offensive fouls is his entire defensive repertoire. At least Manning sticks his body in there and occasionally defends the rim. Neither Gillmann nor Jolly has learned how to defend the post. You noticed tonight that Gillmann has been moved out to the 4 where he won't have to bang inside as much. That may be where he needs to play until he gains more strength. Gillmann did of course have a nice offensive display tonight. But he needs to defend. Manning isn't the final answer. But at least he presents an obstacle instead of an open path to the hoop. None of the three give us much interior offense.

Agree on Jolly's defense but Manning still adds nothing and playing him doesn't help for the future and it's not like playing Manning helped us tonight.

thanks to those posting scores.

Remember Ash sat a year and averaged 12 mpg or something like that the year before. Give him more than 8 games

Very good point. It's almost like he missed two years of meaningful playing time.

Ash needs to work on his midrange game. Those baseline attacks are predictable. I would let him shoot those 3s all day. As for AM, WSU defense is designed to keep productive guards in check. We got pushed around defensively and need real commitment to hit the glass. If we can work on those consistently we are in every game we play.