Wichita by 23 over the Bills

The Wiz

First a few comments about Rockhurst.....

A great game by the Bills even if it was against a D2 opp. The numbers looked great....slash line was 49%/50%/70%...TO's 10....3pt (ex McBroom) 56% (7-12) This is what a Bills team looks like at full potential. Now we have to do it against D1 opponent. Not an easy task but especially against our next foe.

Onto WSU

Even with the loss to Utah (you heard it first here) , the Shockers are still an A+ team . The Bills start the season (the statistical season) at C-. This could be ugly. But here are some of the things going for the Bills which could make it closer. ....

1 ) Generally, after a big game (for the wiseguys, I am talking about WSU)there is a letdown....the numbers weaken in the next game. So WSU may be a little off.

2 ) The Bills have not played to potential (not counting Rock) This is not unusual for a young team. Rockhurst game was what potential looks like

3 ) WSU is still light on data (only 4 real games) So the numbers for WSU could still be a bit inflated.

If all three of the above items happen it could be a close game.

What we need to do.....

see the Rockhurst slash line above...then do it again

Hold WSU on 3pt D....3-13.... 23%....at least 2 of 3 from this slash line

Bottomline....if we pretend WSU is Rockhurst we could make it a game

There should be no pressure...go out and have fun

Good luck Bills

"This is what a Bills team looks like at full potential."

Can't wait for these guys to find their potential and see how often they can come close to playing to it. So much promise at each position. Austin's role on the team is kind of the wild card as he's not a PG, is too short to be a shooting guard, yet we need what he brings. Would love to see Ash become a consistent three point threat as with his size and ability to get to the glass, our backcourt has a higher potentional than with Austin getting as many minutes as he does.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not busting on AM as there's no way we're 5-2 without him. Still, we'd be better if he played a few less minutes but someone has to step up in his place.

Bills by 4 in a close game. I got a feeling that with great defense and not letting baker beat us it will be close. I love the heart and resilience of this young team. Go bills and I am drinking a 64oz glass of that bills Kool-Aid. Also great points btw Wiz.

More of a general question about the SLU-WSU series... didn't we reup our home-and-home agreement with them through the next 4 years? The initial deal was for 2 years (this being the second), but I could have sworn I read over the summer that both sides agreed to extend it through 2018?

"This is what a Bills team looks like at full potential."

Can't wait for these guys to find their potential and see how often they can come close to playing to it. So much promise at each position. Austin's role on the team is kind of the wild card as he's not a PG, is too short to be a shooting guard, yet we need what he brings. Would love to see Ash become a consistent three point threat as with his size and ability to get to the glass, our backcourt has a higher potentional than with Austin getting as many minutes as he does.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not busting on AM as there's no way we're 5-2 without him. Still, we'd be better if he played a few less minutes but someone has to step up in his place.

The nice thing is that he can cover the 1 on defense while Miles/Roby/Bartley can guard the 2, and then they can all reverse roles on the other end. He shouldn't need to be a primary ballhandler within our offense as long as both of the other guards can attack the basket off the dribble (see the posts in the "Offense?" thread).

More of a general question about the SLU-WSU series... didn't we reup our home-and-home agreement with them through the next 4 years? The initial deal was for 2 years (this being the second), but I could have sworn I read over the summer that both sides agreed to extend it through 2018?

I believe we re-upped it for another 2 years.

Got to hand it to G. Marshall, he's built himself a powerhouse in Wichita. I'm thinking WSU 78-53. I think AM's gonna have trouble getting his shots this game, so I'm wondering who supplies the points. AY needs a breakout game and display those POY talents for NY State. If he's challenged, this could get real ugly real quick.

Saint Louis leads 41-20 in a series that dates back to the 1930s.

The teams played regularly before the Billikens left the Missouri Valley Conference in 1974.

The schools have extended the home-and-home series and will meet next year at Chaifetz Arena, then again in 2016 in Wichita, Kan.

I've been hearing that the Bills have a "special game plan" for tomorrow; friends have been talking to some of the players but obviously they didn't elaborate. Any potential ideas?

full court trap collapsing into a 1-3-1 zone on D. run and gun on offense. lots of 3 balls. expect a little havoc