GDT: Does this count?

bonwich

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a lot to like about this team. There's plenty of athleticism and size. Gillmann and Jolly need a year in the weight room to hold their own in the paint, but there are athletes everywhere else, there's good quickness, potential for some shooters to develop, and looking ahead to next year, better bigs coming in than are leaving.

I see this team jelling by the second half of the A-10 schedule and finishing above the ninth place prediction, then being a threat to VCU in '16.

I loved that lineup with Bartley, Roby, Yarborough, Reggie, and Gillman. Everything was actually flowing it seemed

I agree, they seemed to be able to score at ease and had decent defense with the 5 of them out there (Even though i indulged in the ecstasy of hops this even, i didn't forget that this is rockhurst) . I wonder if crews is going to get to a point where he has two sets of players that he puts out there. I think i remember a few times where he subbed out 4 players at once.

This was a good game for the team, and it came at a good time. It gave them a chance to build on what they did against Bradley against a weaker opponent and put another win between the next game and the beat down by Mississippi State. Hopefully they can take what they did tonight and build on it in the next game. Wichita is going to be tough, they need all the confidence they can scrounge up. A win would be great, but i'd be happy with a competitive game.

I agree, they seemed to be able to score at ease and had decent defense with the 5 of them out there (Even though i indulged in the ecstasy of hops this even, i didn't forget that this is rockhurst) . I wonder if crews is going to get to a point where he has two sets of players that he puts out there. I think i remember a few times where he subbed out 4 players at once.

yep I thought bout that last few games. we could have 2 balanced teams have them be cohesive with their unit trade out teams with each other like hockey lines. Manning can be 6th man for both teams.

Anyone notice Reggie went 5 for 5 at the FT line. Great improvement from last year. Also, that's a good sign because I expect him to be at the charity stripe a lot this season.

Definitely noticed that. His FT stroke shows as much improvement in one year as any I've seen. Last year, he was painful to watch with all the motion in his shot. He's been a fast learner with that, hoping that he'll catch on to the rest of it nearly as well. If he does he'll have, as Hubie Brown would say, "Tremendous upside potential."

For those at the game, how much did Guy rip me on the move of the game. The band drowned out a lot of his commentary.

This was an exhibition game so very little to take away from it.

Even against D-II squads we can't finish inside.

When McBroom is feeling it, we should ride him. When he's not, like last night, we need more Reynolds.

I look forward to us ballhawking and getting that many steals against real opponents. Next year.

Yarbrough looked great, especially in the open floor. I believe he will cause bigger matchup problems than Evans or Ellis ever did.

Anyone notice Reggie went 5 for 5 at the FT line. Great improvement from last year. Also, that's a good sign because I expect him to be at the charity stripe a lot this season.

Definitely an improvement. Last year he was only 2 of 7, so the sample size was pretty small to make any conclusions. This year he is 11 of 16 for a marginally acceptable 69%. But I used to cringe when he went to the line. But not last night! If he can make his charity tosses, he will stay on the floor in crunch time.

Yarbrough needs to pick up his FT%. Seven of 16 (44%) puts you on the bench in crunch time.

Definitely an improvement. Last year he was only 2 of 7, so the sample size was pretty small to make any conclusions. This year he is 11 of 16 for a marginally acceptable 69%. But I used to cringe when he went to the line. But not last night! If he can make his charity tosses, he will stay on the floor in crunch time.

Yarbrough needs to pick up his FT%. Seven of 16 (44%) puts you on the bench in crunch time.

marginally acceptable 69%? I'll take that for the season and be very pleased with it.

Reggie's improvement at the free throw line has more to do with more in game reps than anything else. Given the shoulder injury plaguing him last year that would explain the poor average but there is nothing like game minutes. Great time to learn and grow.

For him to stay aggressive offensively will help the team to establish a dependable post presence who will live off of 3 pt plays, post buckets, and free throws. We need that now and especially going into conference play. I can't wait till he starts to use that vertical to start punching dunks on opponents heads. All in time based on letting the game slow down and he will do his job well.

This is why the experience being gained with each game played will go a long way to make these Billykids a force to be reckoned with next season. Who will disagree now that we have more talent on the court right now than ever before. Gonna be fun to watch this play out.

Ninth smallest crowd ever at Chaifetz last night with 5209. So far this year, second and ninth smallest on the record books. The two games are explainable, but still the turnstills need to start cranking.

SPUMAC drew 5,500 for in-state rival SEMO last night. Attendance is usually pretty weak throughout college basketball in the non-conference portion of the schedule, especially against weak opponents. We need to string a bunch of wins together heading into the new year and attendance will pick up like it usually does.