Go_Bills

Tuesday, December 2nd, 2014
Rockhurst VS Saint Louis Billikens
Chaifetz Arena 7:00 p.m. (CST)

TV: FSMW (Pat Parris, Scott Highmark)/ FCSP

Channel finder: here

Stats: Here

Radio: 101 the fan, click here

Radio broadcast will air on 101 ESPN (101.1 FM and 101Sports.com). As always, Billiken Hall of Famer Bob Ramsey will provide the play-by-play, while St. Louis American Sports Editor Earl Austin Jr. handles the analysis.

Backup link: here

Streaming: Good news, we are back to high quality streams for the next seven games. Every game on Fox Sports Midwest will fall under this format for streaming. The feed is always streaming therefore you guys can test the streaming links any time to make sure it works for you before the game. If you have any questions feel free to post/pm.

VLC2.1+tablet+mobile links can be viewed with i-Pad, i-Phone, and VLC or MX Player on Android.

Copy to VLC 264k

Copy to VLC 464k

Copy to VLC 1264k

Copy to VLC 3964k

The higher the number the better quality the stream. Please find the one that works best with your internet speed.

VLC Media Player is an open-source application that gives you the ability to play media from your computer or a disk, or to stream it from the Web. Have your favorite videos playing in a snap through this app's intuitive interface. It has been around for years, and has over 60 million active downloads.

Windows 32bit link: http://get.videolan....2.1.5-win32.exe

Windows 64 bit link: http://download.vide...2.1.5-win64.exe

Mac link: http://www.videolan....oad-macosx.html

*NOTE: When installing, select > delete preferences and cache.

You will also need to make an adjustment to VLC. ------ VERY IMPORTANT!!
1st, Open VLC > Go to Tools > Preferences
Select the radio button "Show Settings" -- "All" (near the bottom)
Select input/codecs.
Scroll down to advanced, and change the value for Network Caching to 5000 (ms).
This helps to prevent dropped frames and provides a more stable stream.

NOTE: It is much better to view streams through the VLC stand alone program, than to view it through a browser/VLC association.
The best way is to.... copy the .m3u8 file given... > open VLC... > click in middle of screen.... > press (keyboard) ctrl+v (to paste link) into VLC... > press play.

Quick guide:

1) Download VLC, during installation click delete preferences and cache

2) Go to Tools/Preferences/input coding and change Network Caching to 5000(ms) from 1000(ms)

3) paste (via ctrl v) link from above into middle of the screen and click play or click media open network stream. Then paste link and hit play.

4) Enjoy, change volume, full screen etc.

SETTING THE SCENE
Saint Louis returns to Chaifetz Arena to take on Rockhurst University on Tuesday. Game time is scheduled for 7 p.m.
FOLLOWING THE ACTION
Tuesday’s game will be televised on FOX Sports Midwest, with Pat Parris and Billiken Hall of Famer Scott Highmark on the call. The radio broadcast will air on 101 ESPN (101.1 FM). As always, Billiken Hall of Famer Bob Ramsey provides the play-by-play, while St. Louis American Sports Editor Earl Austin Jr. handles the analysis. Live audio will be available on 101Sports.com and via 101 ESPN’s mobile app.
BILLIKEN NOTABLES
Saint Louis (4-2) welcomes fellow Jesuit institution Rockhurst University (from Kansas City, Mo.), to Chaifetz Arena on Tuesday.
Tuesday’s game is part of the Jesuit Basketball Spotlight. Since the 2008-09 season, the JBS has brought greater positive awareness and exposure to Jesuit education and its shared mission to thousands of people across the nation who have attended more than 500 basketball JBS games. It is one of two home games in the Jesuit Basketball Spotlight for the Billikens this year - the other being against Saint Joseph’s Feb. 3.
The Billikens are coming off a trip to Corpus Christi, Texas, for the Corpus Christi Coastal Challenge. The Billikens fell 75-50 to Mississippi State the first game, but bounced back with a 60-57 victory over Bradley the following the day.
Against the Braves, junior guard Austin McBroom dropped a career-high 26 points, including the game-winning 3-pointer with seven seconds remaining, to vault the Billikens to the victory.
The Billikens used a nine-man rotation for the first time this season after playing all 12 available scholarship players in their first five games.
Saint Louis has advanced to the NCAA Tournament the last three years, a school record. Additionally, the Billikens are one of 10 programs in the nation that have advanced to the third round of the NCAA Tournament in each of the last three seasons.
Junior guard Austin McBroom, the Billikens’ leading returning scorer after averaging 7.3 ppg a season ago, leads the team in scoring this year with 14.7 ppg. Junior guard Ash Yacoubou is the team’s leading rebounder (4.7 rpg) and is second on the squad in scoring (9.3 ppg).
Billiken head coach Jim Crews is in his third season at the helm. The back-to-back A-10 Coach of the Year is 59-16 in three seasons at Saint Louis, 413-364 in 27 years overall.
RECAPPING THE LAST GAME
Saint Louis junior guard Austin McBroom scored a career-high 26 points, including the game-winning 3-pointer with seven seconds remaining, as the Billikens rallied for a 60-57 victory over Bradley last Saturday in the Corpus Christi Coastal Classic.
The game winning shot, which was similar to his go-ahead trey against Southern Illinois in the season opener, came after he dribbled the game clock down to less than 10 seconds to go. McBroom pushed forward, and when he didn’t see anything develop he pulled back and buried the 3-pointer.
Bradley had one last chance with 7.4 seconds left, but a hurried 3-pointer was off the mark. The Braves corralled the rebound but were unable to get off another shot before the buzzer sounded.
McBroom finished 9-of-14 from the field and 6-of-9 from 3-point range. His 26 points eclipse his previous career-best of 24 against Southern Illinois in the season opener. Brett Jolly, who earned his first-career start, went 4-of-6 from the field for a career-best 10 points. He was also effective on the defensive end, drawing three charges.
Milik Yarbrough had 10 points on 4-of-4 shooting from the field, while Reggie Agbeko scored a career-high eight points. The Billikens utilized a nine-man rotation after playing all 12 available scholarship players in the previous five games.
SPEED LIMIT 60
All four of SLU’s victories this year have come while holding the opposition to fewer than 60 points.
The Billikens have won 64 games in a row when holding their opponents to 60 or fewer points.
The last time the Billikens lost while giving up 60 or fewer points was Jan 29, 2011, a 52-46 defeat at George Washington.
THE BILLIKEN SIX
As expected, the Billikens’ six freshmen have played an integral role so far this season.
All six played considerably in the Billikens’ first five games of the season. Only Davell Roby did not see playing time in the Bradley game.
At Indiana State, it was the Billiken freshmen who paved the way for the victory. With 11:46 remaining, the Billikens were trailing by one. The SLU freshmen would go on to score the next 21 Billiken points to give SLU a double-digit lead.
In the win against North Carolina A&T, freshman guard Miles Reynolds took over in the second half and finished with a career-high 19 points in helping SLU to the win.
The Billikens have yet to put five freshmen on the court at one time. However, four freshmen have been on the court for more than 10 minutes so far this season.
MCBROOM GOES THE DYNAMITE
Junior guard Austin McBroom has hit big shots for the Billikens thus far.
Against Southern Illinois, McBroom posted 24 points thanks in part to five treys. His biggest shot of the night came with 10 seconds remaining when he buried the go-ahead three.
It was McBroom’s 3-pointer with less than three minutes remaining against North Carolina A&T that completed the comeback and put the Billikens ahead for good.
McBroom, who scored a career-high 26 points against Bradley, hit the game-winning 3-pointer with seven seconds remaining.
ASH ON THE BOARDS
Junior guard Ash Yacoubou has made his presence known in his first season playing for the Billikens.
The Villanova transfer, who SLU head coach Jim Crews lauded for his work ethic and attitude during his redshirt season a year ago, has led the Billikens on the boards in five of the Billikens’ six games.
Yacoubou has also led the team in scoring twice. For the year, he is second in scoring with 9.3 ppg and first on the squad with 4.7 rpg.
The last SLU guard to lead the Billikens in rebounding was Tommie Liddell III in 2008-09.
THE MOST SINCE...
Junior guard Austin McBroom’s six 3-pointers against Bradley are the most by a Billiken since Kwamain Mitchell buried seven against Rhode Island on Jan. 19, 2012.
McBroom’s 26 points are the most by a Billiken in a nonconference game since Mitchell had 33 points against UMKC on Dec. 22, 2009.
HOME SWEET CHAIFETZ
The Billikens are in their seventh season at Chaifetz Arena. SLU has an all-time record of 89-21 on its home floor.
SLU is 48-7 the last four seasons in the 10,600-seat arena, including a 14-3 mark last season.
BILLIKENS TO CELEBRATE ANNIVERSARY SEASON
This season marks the 100th anniversary of Billiken Basketball, and the 99th season. The Billikens did not compete in 1943-44 due to World War II.
There will be several special events and promotions this season to celebrate the 100th anniversary of Billiken Basketball, including an All-Century Team unveiling later this year. Fans will have the opportunity to vote for their favorite players via online balloting.
The Billikens’ first game ever recorded was Jan. 14, 1915, against Company E. The Billikens play Duquesne exactly 100 years later on Jan. 14, 2015, at Chaifetz Arena.
SCOUTING ROCKHURST
Rockhurst enters Tuesday’s game 3-2 overall.
The Hawks are led in scoring by Adam Fatkin and Dominique Washington’s 12.2 ppg. Scott McMeekin (10 ppg) and Russell Burns (9.5 ppg) follow.
Burns is the team’s top rebounder at 6.8 rpg. He also leads the team with 10 assists.
Rockhurst has won two in a row, picking up wins agaisnt Peru State (78-71) and Haskell (71-65) in its last two outing.
The Hawks played a pair of NCAA Division I opponents during the exhibition season. They led for more than 18 minutes against UMKC before eventually falling 83-67. Against Loyola Chicago, Rockhurst led at halftime but was outscored 42-28 in the second half.
Head coach Bill O’Connor is in his 21st season at Rockhurst. He has been coaching basketball on the high school, junior college and college level for more than 40 years. O’Connor is the winningest coach in the history of Rockhurst men’s basketball. He was named the Great Lakes Valley Conference Coach of the Year in 2008-09 and the Heartland Conference Coach of the Year in 2001-02 and 2002-03.
JESUIT BASKETBALL SPOTLIGHT
Saint Louis will play two home games this year as part of the Jesuit Basketball Spotlight – Dec. 2 vs. Rockhurst and Feb. 3 vs. Saint Joseph’s.
Since the 2008-09 season, the JBS has brought greater positive awareness and exposure to Jesuit education and its shared mission to thousands of people across the nation who have attended more than 500 basketball JBS games.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This website incorporates links to other websites maintained by unaffiliated third parties. With the exception of the Billikens.com (www.billikens.com), these websites are neither owned by nor under the control of Billikens.com. Billikens.com is not responsible for the contents of any third party website. We provide such links as a convenience to our website users, and inclusion of any link implies neither our endorsement of its website nor any association with its operators or owners.

Thanks for all the feedback and praise guys it's greatly appreciated! We will continue to use this format for our next seven games given the high quality of the streams.

Note: Feed links may change from week to week, however the first post of the media threads will always be correct at game time.

@Pistol all the links seem to be working for me, not sure what happened as I just got home myself. Sorry.

@Creworlose, what do you see after you download because as Pistol said it should work on Macs.

Edit: I know this game is almost over, but I would like to make sure you understand for our next few games.

Thanks Go_Bills! Took me about 5 tries on the VLC Media Player thing but I finally got it.

haha glad to hear you got it working. It's not exactly a simple process but it should only get easier week after week :)

Did anyone besides Pistol have issues with any of the streaming not loading at any time?

Edit: Pistol, like really bad buffering, or a solid connection drop? (Sorry I was at a Christmas parade so any feedback helps)

My stream also went out around then. Stream just quit working and when I tried to reopen it got an error from VLC: "Your input can't be opened. VLC cannot open the MRL... Check the log for details." I watched one of the lower quality streams for a whole then tried the better ones again and it was fine.

For the record, I'm using a macbook pro and had no issues getting the VLC stream to work and did not need to mess with the firewall at all or anything like that.

I spent about 30 minutes trying to figure it out, reading the directions about 100 times, while listening on the radio. After getting that cone downloaded, nothing made sense. Severely lost around the "click in the middle of the screen" part of the directions. I'm middle-aged and not too bright, so I'm sure it's my fault.

Your links have always worked and I appreciate the helpfulness. Go Bills.

I spent about 30 minutes trying to figure it out, reading the directions about 100 times, while listening on the radio. After getting that cone downloaded, nothing made sense. Severely lost around the "click in the middle of the screen" part of the directions. I'm middle-aged and not too bright, so I'm sure it's my fault.

Let me add to my "five tries" post that I had a co-worker load the thing on one of our work computers today before I came home, then we deleted it, and I went through the process once. Even then, it took me five tries to get it right. If he doesn't show me that today, there's no way I watched this game tonight.

haha glad to hear you got it working. It's not exactly a simple process but it should only get easier week after week :)

Did anyone besides Pistol have issues with any of the streaming not loading at any time?

Edit: Pistol, like really bad buffering, or a solid connection drop? (Sorry I was at a Christmas parade so any feedback helps)

Right around when Pistol had issues, I also did with the two highest quality streams.

Hey,

Thanks for the kind words, whenever you get about fifteen minutes in the near future I wouldn't mind showing you exactly what to do to ensure the next games will work for you.

Let me add to my "five tries" post that I had a co-worker load the thing on one of our work computers today before I came home, then we deleted it, and I went through the process once. Even then, it took me five tries to get it right. If he doesn't show me that today, there's no way I watched this game tonight.

Glad to hear you got it figured out! If you can think of an easier way to explain it to others please don't hesitate to help. :)

Go_Bills did you record this game by chance? Would like to see the replay.

Nope, Sorry. I tried checking for replays on TV to record one, but I didn't see any.

Right around when Pistol had issues, I also did with the two highest quality streams.

Very odd. I'm going out on a limb here and saying maybe a server/computer had to restart and it drop us for a few minutes. I'm really not sure as I don't have any control over these streams. I just post the links so ya'll don't have to go searching for them. I could ask them but our next game is going to be coming from a different VLC channel/source so we will hopefully have no worries.

-Go Bills, not to get ahead of ourselves, but will there be a way to record the Wichita St game? I looked on Uverse and do not see an airing and on the WSU site it indicates the game will be shown on Cox Cable, not really compatible with Uverse'

-any help is GREATLY appreciated!!!

Go_Bills,

Will the links to "copy to VLC" be updated for each game or will the same links go to the new game. One of the reasons I had trouble was we downloaded it at work on the 64 bit link but my laptop only allowed 32 bit. We have high speed internet at home, which of the VLC links do you think will be most effective for me?

Thanks again!

-Go Bills, not to get ahead of ourselves, but will there be a way to record the Wichita St game? I looked on Uverse and do not see an airing and on the WSU site it indicates the game will be shown on Cox Cable, not really compatible with Uverse'

-any help is GREATLY appreciated!!!

Yes there are a few ways to record the Wichita State game.

1) Uverse has the game listed on channel 1748 at 5pm central. The channel is located in the HD Premium Tier Package. It's not publicly listed but if you ask for it they can add it for 7.95 a month, with the first month being free. If you have a DVR this is your best option.

2) VLC allows for you to record a stream on your computer however I have never done it before.

3) Lastly, I could set up my phone and record the game. Then upload somewhere for ya'll to watch. That wouldn't be a live stream, if i did a live stream the quality would be pretty bad imho but it's also our go to backup option.

Go_Bills,

Will the links to "copy to VLC" be updated for each game or will the same links go to the new game. One of the reasons I had trouble was we downloaded it at work on the 64 bit link but my laptop only allowed 32 bit. We have high speed internet at home, which of the VLC links do you think will be most effective for me?

Thanks again!

It is highly likely that the "copy to VLC" will change from game to game. This is because the channel the game is streaming from varies from Fox Sports Central, Fox Sports Pacific etc. If you notice the / after Fox Midwest I tend to try and indicate which channel the stream is origination from. Apparently Fox Sports Midwest isn't a direct channel that has a live stream url instead it's an alternate Fox Sports.

Windows 32 bit link: http://get.videolan....2.1.5-win32.exe

Windows 64 bit link: http://download.vide...2.1.5-win64.exe

To check if you need 32/64 bit:

1) hit start

2) hit computer/my computer

3) then select System Properties on the top row

4) Under System it should show system type

As for VLC links, the term high speed internet is not really helpful. The better question is how much download speed per second can you handle. Try a site like http://www.speedtest.net/ or http://testmy.net/download to give you an estimate. Also the network cache(buffer) setting is very important to prevent frames from dropping. If you shoot/post me your download speed I can tell you the best link to use :)

Hope that helps,

Go_Bills