Dayton vs. Texas A&M in Puerto Rico

Taj79

Devon Scott with a put back tip in of a Scoochie Smith layup-in-traffic attempt with 0.9 seconds to go, plussed up to 1.0 after review. It was Dayton's first second-chance points of the game! Texas A&M almost banksin a half court three. Dayton escapes 55 to 53.

Archie had the ball, tied, with about 30 seconds to go with three timeouts in his pocket and showed confidence in letting his guys run the play without a timeout. Lucky tip in. It helped that A&M plays four guards. A10 takes out the SEC. I think Dayton now has like ten or eleven consecutives wins over SEC teams in the regular season.

Over 1,000 Daytonians at the game. If I were there, at age 57, I might serve to lower the average age.

Anytime the A-10 can beat the SEC, its good news to me.

Like Davell Roby basically said, the A-10 owns the SEC, so no surprise there. Looking at the box score, SVU only played 8. I wonder why the change from their 11-12 man rotations they were so successful with last year. Perhaps Archie doesn't feel like they have the same depth. It would be quite a contrast if they are playing 8 when we match up, while we throw 12 different players at them.

Right now, Dayton only plays eight guys because the bench is light. First game, Kendall Pollard was out. Don't know why so Archie only went with seven guys (DavisD, Sibert, Pierre, Smith, DavisK, Robinson and Scott) against Alabama A&M. Pollard was back for today. Dayton lists 17 guys on their roster but Charles Cooke sits while his transfer year progresses and Steve McElvene was declared academically ineligible while the third freshman signee Detwon Rogers hasn't played yet. Don't know what that's about. So YouDee is not exactly stocked enough to go any deeper than these eight. Unless Rogers shows up and then its only nine.

Uconn is up six over College of Charleston with just under 7 to play. Winner gets YouDee. I'd watch YouDee/Uconn tomorrow.

Plus Dayton is already announcing they have been slected to play in next year's 2015 Orlando Classic. They won that Classic in 2011. It is played at the HP Field House on Disney's/ESPN's Sports Complex at Disney World.

Other teams in the 2015 field? Xavier. Alabama. Iowa. Wichita State. Noter Damn. USC. And one to be named later. Wow! Down there once every four years, or so it seems. Anybody else jealous as me? I think we'd kill to be in that kind of group. Such items only add to SVU's self-perceived air of supremacy.

I don't think UConn is a great team. I didn't think they were last year either, they just got hot when it mattered. This is a winnable game for SVU.

Looking at SVU's roster, I think we match up quite well. Sibert v. Ash. They have a couple solid bigs, but are not an overly big team. They start three guards. Our depth may cause them problems. I expect a split. We get the second game at the Fetz on Feb. 10, and the kids should be battle tested by then and rolling.

-excuse me if i am missing a joke...how is SVU's road attendance in question? if we traveled like they do who knows where it would lead/would have taken us

The point wasn't really pertaining to Dayton's attendance but to whether their early-season dominance lasts all season. So, yeah, it was up here and your head was down there. :)