Bills by 15 over TAMCC

The Wiz

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This just dropped from Dr. Pestello:

While there has been considerable speculation in the media, Saint Louis University does not know with certainty when the St. Louis County grand jury decision may be announced.

At this time, the University plans for all campus activities and events – including classes next Monday and Tuesday, and Sunday’s men’s basketball game – to go on as scheduled.

Additional information will be communicated when there is greater clarity on the grand jury’s decision.

Please share this information with others as appropriate. Thank you.

I've heard so many false info from so many people "in the know" that I'm starting to believe nothing is going to happen

Haha. I feel ya. And I don't think people are just making up. I think it shows the disconnect and lack of leadership in this whole ordeal. I don't know if anyone knows who is truly in charge.

Nothing would be happening if the media wasn't so cunsumed by it. They're setting the table for the instigators, Al, and Jesse. Those guys flock to cameras and mikes like flies to cow droppings.

Sharpton did nothing to inflame the situation in August. He actually had the opposite effect. Everything he said was very measured and very difficult to argue with. He was not part of the problem here. The white out-of-town communists, on the other hand...

I think they have stated more than one time, that there would be a minimum 3 hour window between the time they announce the decision would come to the time to the actual announcement of the decision. I am assuming this is only in play during work hours and school hours.

I think everybody needs to be prepared. This doesn't mean going into your underground bunker and locking down and it doesn't mean arming up for your own justice. It just means be smart about where you plan on being and being alert when you are out. I think it's naive to think nothing will happen or that it won't be bad. Worst case scenario is that you're prepared and everything was sensationalized and the media blew it all out of proportion or that things get ugly and out of hand. I'm hoping it goes away quickly and nobody gets hurt.

There will be demonstrations in Clayton, Ferguson, and downtown. Of the three, I would be least concerned with the ones downtown getting nasty. But I don't expect a repeat of the stuff that happened on South Grand. The idea that you have to plan out where you're going, unless you're planning on being on the Ferguson strip or outside McCulloch's office in Clayton, strikes me as an abundance of caution.

One of the bars in my neighborhood on South Broadway boarded itself up earlier this week, which is pretty funny. It's the type of place with a bunch of deer heads on the wall and a hangout for hunter types from JeffCo. I would be more concerned about the "meat shoots" they have over there than the Ferguson stuff spilling over down that far.

Sharpton did nothing to inflame the situation in August. He actually had the opposite effect. Everything he said was very measured and very difficult to argue with. He was not part of the problem here. The white out-of-town communists, on the other hand...

I think you're right. I saw some white out of town communists looting and burning a QT.

Totally agree on the Sharpton view point. The reverend was a calming influence on Ferguson and the city of St. Louis. The epitomy of a man for others, our jesuit mission.