Bills by 4 over Ind St

The Wiz

A great win by the Bills against SIU....Even with a lot of errors (as expected with a young team) they held it together coming down the stretch which is a good sign. Young teams can fall apart at the end. The Bills played shutdown D at the end with no baskets for Cdale in the final 6 min. They also held the Salukis to 30.8% from the arc ....another encouraging sign.

On to Terre Haute.......

For the nervous Nellies out there, you have something to worry about. The bad news is ISU is better ( B- ) than SIU-C. The good news is we are better ( B+) than ISU.....but it won't be easy

ISU is coming off their first opening day road win in 44 years...Of course, I wouldn't put a whole lot of stock in that as it took ISU OT to beat IUPUI an F team. Even so, ISU will be our 3rd toughest opponent in the OOC schedule (behind WSU & Vandy)

Keys to the game....

We need to shoot better at the foul line ....One of the reasons we beat SIU is they shot 56.5% from the FT line. That will not happen with ISU . It it comes down to a FT contest with them, we could lose as they are a very good foul shooting team.

Stop Kristian Smith...he is their go to guy.....like Beane at SIU

Keep ISU 3pt % below 30.

And ...oh yeah...did I mention ...stop K Smith....keep him to less than 20 pts.

We will have to step up our game against ISU in order to win...but we can because we are not near our potential yet.

And something for the dreamers.......Under my grading system if a team comes in at A- or better they are a potential NCAA tourney team. We have a long way to go but if we can get hot we are within striking distance with our current B+ rating.

Go Bills

A great win by the Bills against SIU....Even with a lot of errors (as expected with a young team) they held it together coming down the stretch which is a good sign. Young teams can fall apart at the end. The Bills played shutdown D at the end with no baskets for Cdale in the final 6 min. They also held the Salukis to 30.8% from the arc ....another encouraging sign.

On to Terre Haute.......

For the nervous Nellies out there, you have something to worry about. The bad news is ISU is better ( B- ) than SIU-C. The good news is we are better ( B+) than ISU.....but it won't be easy

ISU is coming off their first opening day road win in 44 years...Of course, I wouldn't put a whole lot of stock in that as it took ISU OT to beat IUPUI an F team. Even so, ISU will be our 3rd toughest opponent in the OOC schedule (behind WSU & Vandy)

Keys to the game....

We need to shoot better at the foul line ....One of the reasons we beat SIU is they shot 56.5% from the FT line. That will not happen with ISU . It it comes down to a FT contest with them, we could lose as they are a very good foul shooting team.

Stop Kristian Smith...he is their go to guy.....like Beane at SIU

Keep ISU 3pt % below 30.

And ...oh yeah...did I mention ...stop K Smith....keep him to less than 20 pts.

We will have to step up our game against ISU in order to win...but we can because we are not near our potential yet.

And something for the dreamers.......Under my grading system if a team comes in at A- or better they are a potential NCAA tourney team. We have a long way to go but if we can get hot we are within striking distance with our current B+ rating.

Go Bills

Wiz, what were some of the offensive stats for SIU? (i.e. 3 pt %, FG %, etc.) I just want to know what ways our defense was able to limit them.

Wiz, what were some of the offensive stats for SIU? (i.e. 3 pt %, FG %, etc.) I just want to know what ways our defense was able to limit them.

In additon to the ones I listed in the OP....FT..56.5% and 3pt % ..30.8

FG%...39.6

TO 14

9 Asst

2 blks

34 reb....14 off...20 D....btw ISU will be much tougher on D reb

I love your work and your optimism, and what it looks like we will become. But I don't think we're there yet. If we win up there, no one will ever doubt you again. :)

We are definitely a work in progress....We will surprise along the way....and we will lose some we should win but we will win 20+.

First order of business ....cut the turnovers...17 is way too many. Just a few less and we easily have a double digit win against the Salukis.

Luckily they didn't shoot well and we did from the line!

ISU did have a bad night at the line....but even with a good night they would have scored 5 more...and we still win by 8. So it really was a combination of factors that produced the convincing win....TO's down nearly 30%....FT's at an excellent 77%....and did I mention we held their "go to" guy to 7pts ....that is about 10 pts lower than his season average will be this year.....But wait ...we will get better.....on our way to 7-0.

The Wiz is da bomb diggity!!

Love your prognistications. Feel free to message me with any Wake predictions you come up with. B)

Ark by 13 over Wake....Sorry....but Ark looks really good at this point....like a Dancing team in March