Who is Aaron Hines?

slu72

Should have checked official site first, He's on the roster. From Pkwy North, but no info. Assuming he's a walk on, why would he be listed in this article as a backup above our scholarship recruits like Bartley and Robey? Does the author know something we don't?

From doing a basic search, it appears Hines is a JUCO transfer from John Wood Community College. I could be wrong but here are two links: one is for his Hudl recruiting site and the other is the roster from JWCC last year. You can find the stats if you browse.

http://johnwoodblazers.com/mens-basketball/rosters/2013-2014/

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1157790/aaron-hines

That is the nice get! Heady guard who makes depth at PG position very solid. JC has alot of versatility at this position with this addition. Keep a close eye on this kid...someone is gonna lose minutes to this walkon.

That is the nice get! Heady guard who makes depth at PG position very solid. JC has alot of versatility at this position with this addition. Keep a close eye on this kid...someone is gonna lose minutes to this walkon.

I have also heard good things about this kid. Better than your average walk-on, but I'm not sure someone is going to lose minutes to him. I don't think we're going to see a Sodie benching Dustin Maguire in favor of a walk-on situation. I like to think our program has evolved beyond that point.

weblogs are nice but there is no accredidation or certification for any of these new guys. You want to be a media mogul, go for it. The same system birthed Mel Kiper, Todd McShay, Stephen A. Smith, Chris Broussard, Adam Shefter, Mort Anderson and some of these other so-called "insiders." Once they hit "main stream" they get accepted. Reminds me of the old days with college recruiting gurus/analysts and even to the debate we've had over predictors and prognosticators. Its all for discussion/entertainemnt sake.

Problems .... 1) Hines on the roster is a freshman, yet he went to a JUCO. How can that be? 2) Hines gets a mention before scholarship kids Robey and Bartley who are guards and in some cases listed as PGs. How can that be? and 3) if a walk-on gets to see th ebright light of the courts before a scholarship kid, we've got soem recruting/evaluation issues, no?

I'm willing to give this blogger a chance. Even a smidge of new or different info is better than none. For now .....

I'm still looking but I can't find any JUCO stats on Hines, so I'm not sure if he used up eligibility there. He graduated HS in 12-13.

Granted I have not seen him play for over 2 years but he wasn't a D-1 prospect in HS. More Phillip Hunt than Paul Eckerle.