Glaze Hurt

SluSignGuy

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

sh.it on a stick. this is honestly probably good for the team (increased PT for younger players early against sh.itty teams), we're not going to need him until conference. i just hope grandy gets back to 100%. get well soon, big fella. and jesus christ, stop hustling SO hard.

We got depth at the 4. Should see a lot more of RA and TL. While injuries suck, we were damn lucky last year w/ only had minor ones.

I assume we will play 4 bigs in the rotation, which means Jolly will need to see the court, unless Yarbrough can play a bit as an undersized 4 like DE.

We got depth at the 4. Should see a lot more of RA and TL. While injuries suck, we were damn lucky last year w/ only had minor ones.

'72 Normally, I agree with many of your posts but lately... no, I would say that multiple injuries to Reggie last year was more than a "minor" one. Yes, RA was not one of the Senior starters but he was the Frosh most ready to contribute (and if healthy, I believe would have been the only player to challenge DE for minutes) and he was largely lost for most of the season. Also, TL was more a longshot but his concussion injuries sure set him back as well. In short, we lost our depth at the 4 which is exactly where we were weak and it greatly hurt us.

As to your comparisons of this year v. last year, I would say that our depth is the same or possibly worse this year. The depth is the same in that we have an equal number of scholarship athletes of players ranging equally from point guard thru center as well as the fact that we had Juniors in GG (a prior starter) and JM (who has played some minutes his first two years) backing up our 5 Senior starters allowing us to not need a whole lot from our three (3) Frosh. This year and depending upon who are the starters, in another sense, we have even more unproven depth in that we have 6 Frosh with no D1 experience and we have 3 Sophs with very little experience. As to transfers, yes Ash has two (2) years of prior experience after sitting out a year but McBroom also had a year's worth of prior D1 experience (albeit 1 year) after sitting out a year. In short, we have less depth this year.

As to your initial post in this thread, it sure read like you were starting to re-think your 14-16 prediction. Your loyalties are not all in question... just there is still time to predict a few more Billiken wins!!

The bigger question to me is "is it the same shoulder? All three times?" The second question is "is it the same injury?" I had three separations back when I was Grandy's age, even younger. Why does that matter? Because a youthful body heals better and quicker. After three came the knife. Total shoulder reconstruction. Essentially,when the clavicle pops the ball out of the shoulder joint, it is stretching the ligament that goes over the ball-and-socket. The elasticity of that ligament gets weaker and weaker, meaning it can't do its job and the "popping out" becomes more commonplace even during minor contact. You can't raise your arm like you are used to and you compensate for that. If its his shooting/dominant shoulder, even worse because you use it more and tire it more. The half empty side of this glass is a limited player.

The half full side means more development time available for the youngsters. But our experience factor just dropped 33% or more. This will expose truly how much Lancona and Agbeko are ready to play.

Sadly, this may place "injury-riddled" in front of any Glaze's Billiken legacy when it comes to career discussions. He's a great kid and an asset to any program as far as being a teammate is concerned.

Separated shoulders can linger. This sounds crass but I'm hoping he recovers to play enough games to take a redshirt out of the question.

I doubt they would redshirt him. If we sign another player in the fall to go with Wellmer, there won't be an opening on the roster to redshirt him. If I recall correctly, he came back after missing about a month during his sophomore season.

Separated shoulders can linger. This sounds crass but I'm hoping he recovers to play enough games to take a redshirt out of the question.

No redshirt - if he does he will use up one of the 2 schollies we have to give his fall - he needs to move on - he will not make us better next year. Sometimes you get addition from subtraction - Branch Rickey