67-68 team

BLIKNS

was looking at stats from this team that went 15-11 and 9-7 in the Mo Valley.

First was looking to see if Rich Niemann was a 7 footer at SLU, he averaged 16 ppg that year, Barry Orms and Gene Moore both averaged 12 ppg.

All 3 played professionally in the ABA or NBA or both

Wish I could have seen this team play, Moore and Niemann would have both a tough inside combo

Rich was 7-2. Barry Orms won a NBA championship with the Washington Bullets.Wes Unseld was their MVP . Gene Moore had a long career in the ABA. I know most people on this board thinks Ron Ekker was the worst coach in Billiken history but for my dollar it was Buddy Brehmer. Ekker didn't, have any talent,Budso did. Wiley was also on that team.

If you look at the all time lists and the Billikens in the pros one would think the peak of Billikens success was from the mid 60s to early 70s. Tons of all conference players and pro players.

take a look at the schedules Brehmer played. No buy games in his schedule. The MVC was a much stronger league and then your playing Kansas, UCLA, Mizzou, Dayton, Carbondale (with Clyde) not easy to win many ballgames.

Rich was 7-2. Barry Orms won a NBA championship with the Washington Bullets.Wes Unseld was their MVP . Gene Moore had a long career in the ABA. I know most people on this board thinks Ron Ekker was the worst coach in Billiken history but for my dollar it was Buddy Brehmer. Ekker didn't, have any talent,Budso did. Wiley was also on that team.

Barry Orms was a bench-warmer one season for the Baltimore Bullets in '68-'69 and the Bullets didn't win the NBA Championship. He then had a year in the ABA in '69-'70 and that was it. He wasn't much of a pro shooting just 37% from the floor and 54% from the line. Not to be overly picky but Niemann was listed in Carolina Cougar programs as 7'0, not 7'2. From looking us his career stats, Gene Moore did have a solid ABA career but what I can't figure out is why his name doesn't ring a bell with this old Carolina Cougar fan who followed the ABA very closely.

Barry Orms was a bench-warmer one season for the Baltimore Bullets in '68-'69 and the Bullets didn't win the NBA Championship. He then had a year in the ABA in '69-'70 and that was it. He wasn't much of a pro shooting just 37% from the floor and 54% from the line. Not to be overly picky but Niemann was listed in Carolina Cougar programs as 7'0, not 7'2. From looking at his career stats, Gene Moore did have a solid ABA career but what I can't figure out is why his name doesn't ring a bell with this old Carolina Cougar fan who followed the ABA very closely.

Gene Moore did have a solid ABA career but what I can't figure out is why his name doesn't ring a bell with this old Carolina Cougar fan who followed the ABA very closely.

I saw Gene Moore play with the Nets in very early 70s. I am trying to think where, in the old Island Garden or Nassau County Coliseum? I believe he played on the same team as Rick Barry.

During that period of time we played against some of the best talent in the country. The Cincy teams were especially gifted and we were not far from being competitive