Staff Changes

NH

Director of Basketball Operations Mike Lepore appears to be headed to San Jose St., according to B. Wex.

Don't like to see him go but representative of the good work Mike has done with the program.

not to be total tool, but wtf is a director of basketball operations? Are they between AD and coach? Who is Mike Lepore? Do all teams have them? have they all the time, how come I never hear / heard anything about them? is it like a club house manager? I have hard enough time keeping up with all the players and coaches, now there's another level of folks I have to track?

Here's a link I found explaining the general functions of a DOBO. It's NOT a coaching position, but a DOBO has his hand in many aspects of the overall operation of the program.

http://www.hoopcoach.org/profiles/blogs/director-basketball-operations-job-description

Here's a link I found explaining the general functions of a DOBO. It's NOT a coaching position, but a DOBO has his hand in many aspects of the overall operation of the program.

http://www.hoopcoach.org/profiles/blogs/director-basketball-operations-job-description

cool thanks. so I gather from this that Ill state's DOBO has a juicy "little black book".

This is also the guy that ends up dealing with parents and relatives once the player enters our system. Tough job since coaches have to move on to dealing with players and implementing their system. Very cool guy from what I hear! Will be a big loss but he is moving up the ladder maybe more in the direction of an actual HC in the future.

Crews tried to promote him to the Asst coach spot before we hired Cheaney last year. it was decided by higher ups that he lacked the experience for the job. He's a good guy, best of luck to him. Interesting to see who we fill the spot with. Probably Danny Brown if he has graduated by now.

Crews tried to promote him to the Asst coach spot before we hired Cheaney last year. it was decided by higher ups that he lacked the experience for the job. He's a good guy, best of luck to him. Interesting to see who we fill the spot with. Probably Danny Brown if he has graduated by now.

I'm not saying that is not the truth, but I can't believe that it was somebody above Crews who told him not to promote LePore and go get somebody like Cheaney. I'm surprised May would be so involved with hiring an assistant coach. Danny Brown has been around a while and would seem to be deserving of a promotion if he has done a good job. What is the pecking order of the assistants?... from lowest to most important, is it 1) Marcus Wilson 2) DBrown 3) LePore (DOB)

I'm not saying that is not the truth, but I can't believe that it was somebody above Crews who told him not to promote LePore and go get somebody like Cheaney. I'm surprised May would be so involved with hiring an assistant coach. Danny Brown has been around a while and would seem to be deserving of a promotion if he has done a good job. What is the pecking order of the assistants?... from lowest to most important, is it 1) Marcus Wilson 2) DBrown 3) LePore (DOB)

From what I understand, DOB is most important by far. Not sure on the others.

This is also the guy that ends up dealing with parents and relatives once the player enters our system. Tough job since coaches have to move on to dealing with players and implementing their system. Very cool guy from what I hear! Will be a big loss but he is moving up the ladder maybe more in the direction of an actual HC in the future.

I believe he also was the guy who hooked DE up with the trip to Africa this summer.

Since I never heard of this guy or job type before this thread and given some more recent input; seems to me that the DOB is not same skill set as assistant and head coach job. also never heard of any HC with DOB on resume. maybe I just was ignorant of it. wouldn't be a first.

Since I never heard of this guy or job type before this thread and given some more recent input; seems to me that the DOB is not same skill set as assistant and head coach job. also never heard of any HC with DOB on resume. maybe I just was ignorant of it. wouldn't be a first.

The DBO is a stepping stone position for being an assistant coach. Pretty sure that before we hired Calbert Cheaney as an assistant, he was the DBO at Indiana.

I would think what you are saying makes sense.

Video coordinator is more of a specialized job. We've had Grad Assts move up but never a video coordinator. I believe before this season it was never a full time staff member but I thought Majerus had a guy he hired from the NBA doing video at least his first couple of seasons. Brown can't be grad asst forever and it appears he is staying with the program. I would think Brown would be next in line for the position but Crews may have someone else in mind and make Brown an Asst to both the DOBO and video coordinator.