Portsmouth Invitational - Jett to Participate

thetorch

Jordair Jett will be playing in this year's Portsmouth Invitational April 16-19.

Jett will be playing for Roger Brown's Restaurant. His backcourt teammate, Chaz Williams. Aaric Murray is on the same team as well.

Other notable names on rosters

Sam Dower - Gonzaga - Majerus recruited him

Langston Galloway - St. Joes

Shawn Glover - Oral Roberts

Anthony Ireland - Loyola Marymount

Jake Odum - Indiana St

Juvonte Reddic - VCU

Ronald Roberts - St. Joes

Is this an NBA camp?

No.

They invite some of the top 68 seniors in the country who are not a lock to get drafted. All the NBA teams have scouts at this event and there are also tons of foreign scouts there as well. The best players in the camp can bump their status with NBA teams, get camp tryouts or even get a 2nd round pick out of it. More importantly for someone like Jett there will be teams from the top leagues in Europe vying for his services. By playing and performing well he can get picked up by a top team in Spain or Greece instead of looking for a spot in Kazakhstan or Poland.

No.

They invite some of the top 68 seniors in the country who are not a lock to get drafted. All the NBA teams have scouts at this event and there are also tons of foreign scouts there as well. The best players in the camp can bump their status with NBA teams, get camp tryouts or even get a 2nd round pick out of it. More importantly for someone like Jett there will be teams from the top leagues in Europe vying for his services. By playing and performing well he can get picked up by a top team in Spain or Greece instead of looking for a spot in Kazakhstan or Poland.

KM played in this after his senior year, no?

I remembered IV getting an invite. Forgot about Perry, but that's the senior citizen in me. Was it around when Mo Jeffers played? Pretty sure Mo was SLU's last player to be an NBA draft pick. Mo still has the best dunk I've ever seen by a Billiken. As for JJ, I hope there are some NFL scouts there, because I have him as an undrafted FA safety.

I remembered IV getting an invite. Forgot about Perry, but that's the senior citizen in me. Was it around when Mo Jeffers played? Pretty sure Mo was SLU's last player to be an NBA draft pick. Mo still has the best dunk I've ever seen by a Billiken. As for JJ, I hope there are some NFL scouts there, because I have him as an undrafted FA safety.

don't recall that. did he play? one ex Bill that did play that wasn't really much of a presence here was Robin Jones if memory serves.

I believe Ian was the last Billiken to participate.

Jeffers might have played in it. Not sure although his pis being picked in the draft was more from wowing a couple teams at individual workouts. Jeffers tore up his knee in preseason and never played in the NBA although he did have a long career overseas.

At the PIT to watch Jordair. Made first two warm up shots. Bricked five shots in a row and now decided to practice layups. Probably a good idea. Place is swarming with agents from everywhere.

Keep the info coming. Would be a good thing to know our boy got picked in the end. Best of luck to him.