OT: Billikens in Business

Not challenging the good things he has done. But to use an equally random comparison to the other side of the political aisle, Virvus Jones has done some great things too. That doesn't change the other really ugly choices he has made and that have affected his status in the community.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not challenging the good things he has done. But to use an equally random comparison to the other side of the political aisle, Virvus Jones has done some great things too. That doesn't change the other really ugly choices he has made and that have affected his status in the community.

Jones is a convicted felon.

You are expressing an opinion as if it is a fact. What I stated was a fact.

Kevin Nashan, owner of Sidney Street Cafe, is a Billiken and James Beard Award finalist:

http://www.bizjournals.com/stlouis/blog/2014/03/two-st-louis-chefs-named-finalists-for-james-beard.html

I did not know that he was a SLU grad. In my opinion, the most overrated restaurant in St. Louis.

Ameren has a few SLU grads in leadership positions in Marty Lyons, CFO, and Michael Moehn, president and CEO of Ameren Missouri.

I did not know that he was a SLU grad. In my opinion, the most overrated restaurant in St. Louis.

Ameren has a few SLU grads in leadership positions in Marty Lyons, CFO, and Michael Moehn, president and CEO of Ameren Missouri.

Did their kids go to SLU? I am sure they are working at Ameren, too.

Donnie Dobbs - Dobbs Tire & Auto

Danny Brown - Brown Shoe Company

Quitman Dillard - Dillard's

Monroe Douglass - McDonnell Douglass

Rich Niemann - Niemann Marcus

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Two Billiken-owned startups - Greetabl and Nanopore Diagnostics - received Arch Grants today. Very cool!

http://www.bizjournals.com/stlouis/blog/biznext/2014/05/here-are-the-20-winners-of-this-year-s-arch-grants.html?page=all

Nanopore Diagnostics? I am friends with the founder and CEO, but he has no affiliation to SLU (Vandy and Wash U).

Nanopore Diagnostics? I am friends with the founder and CEO, but he has no affiliation to SLU (Vandy and Wash U).

There is definitely SLU DNA (no pun intended) in Nanopore.

3 founders of the company, one received his MBA from SLU.