Billikens featured on SNL

Hahaha. The above clip was funny, but not nearly as funny as old white men crying about how racism against their own kind is never taken as seriously as racism against "others." After all, it's exactly the same. An SNL sketch making fun of white boy hustle is every bit as bad as real, actual racism against black people!!!!

Truth and I'm white and pretty old.

I got the biggest kick out of George Carlin one night when he opened his act with " Before I get started, I just want you to know one thing about me.... I'm prejudiced.... I hate white people!" Talk about shock value for the time.

18 years old, thank you very much. But by no means should age determine the value of my opinion. That's a very narrow-minded thing to say. Maturity, intelligence, and wisdom are not directly linked with age, my friend.

Nice try, young man.

Think.

It is not just maturity, intelligence, and wisdom.

How about, among other things, "knowledge and experience".

Any 18 year old Presidents of The United States? CEO's of Fortune 500 Companies? 18 year old Emergency Room Doctors?

No, not a nice try.

Have you seen who was doing "Black Jeopardy" and other similar skits on SNL? Obviously not. You are out of touch as usual.

SNL Black Jeopardy as a reference in this debate?

Everyone with a brain knows > 95% of the political material on SNL is far left wing based, often focusing on the ridicule of conservatives.

That is why I tell you, directly.

Hell, one of the SNL originals, Chevy Chase, in a recent interview directly stated that his comedy portrayal of President Ford (tripping, falling) was done with true intent to ridicule a Republican. He said it. He knew what he was doing. It wasn't just comedy. This interview might be on YouTube. I even thought it didn't start that far back.

And you use SNL as a reference. Brilliant. Sure, SNL throws in a few mild jokes against the left and a minority here and there for the appearance of some balance. Are you familiar with that kind of tactic in other situations in life? So you go for the pump fake every time, I suppose.

You, then, are worse than the 'lil 18 year old on this thread. I would think, you being older and more experienced, you would have learned a few things along the way, observed the world, grown, evolved. Nope.

Few things in life are more entertaining than political paranoia on an online sports message board.

There are little tiny drones hovering over my house, right now, a dozen of 'em. I swear.

Sure they are. There's some slack in the chain but on the whole they are absolutely positively correlated. This, according to Gorp, err Garp.

Fair enough; my point is that they don't HAVE to be. I'd like to believe that I am positively part of that "slack in the chain".

Nice try, young man.

Think.

It is not just maturity, intelligence, and wisdom.

How about, among other things, "knowledge and experience".

Any 18 year old Presidents of The United States? CEO's of Fortune 500 Companies? 18 year old Emergency Room Doctors?

No, not a nice try.

doogie_howser_md_neil_patrick_harris_kid

Do you have anything to say for yourself, mister? Yeah, yeah; THAT'S WHAT I THOUGHT. ;)

Everyone with a brain knows > 95% of the political material on SNL is far left wing based, often focusing on the ridicule of conservatives.

Hell, one of the SNL originals, Chevy Chase, in a recent interview directly stated that his comedy portrayal of President Ford (tripping, falling) was done with true intent to ridicule a Republican. He said it. He knew what he was doing. It wasn't just comedy. This interview might be on YouTube. I even thought it didn't start that far back.

And you use SNL as a reference. Brilliant. Sure, SNL throws in a few mild jokes against the left and a minority here and there for the appearance of some balance. Are you familiar with that kind of tactic in other situations in life? So you go for the pump fake every time, I suppose.

You, then, are worse than the 'lil 18 year old on this thread. I would think, you being older and more experienced, you would have learned a few things along the way, observed the world, grown, evolved. Nope.

I'm with you on that (minus the ignorant youth comment) SNL is way too left-wing/anti-conservative. I'm as conservative as anybody, except I consider myself a conservative 2.0, because I have an OPEN MIND that most older-generation conservatives seem to frown upon. That's the primary reason that nothing can be achieved in government: stubbornness and uncompromisability (that should definitely be a word). This is why I opened with "I'm not a big SNL guy, ...", to cover my ground.

You post the link...the far left I've found have far more closed minds than the right...

Tends to be the case. They may be "progressive", but stubborn none-the-less.

How do you embed YouTube videos on here, again? I used to be able to do it with no problems.

As for being so far right wing, you still have plenty of time to evolve...

I only see myself evolving into a more educated and active conservative. I know enough to understand why I'm a conservative and that definitely isn't changing anytime soon.

There are closed minds on both extremes. Thinking you have all the answers is the essence of political partisanship. I think the "hooray for our side" partisan stuff is far sillier than the ideology. But it takes a special kind of closed mind not just to be offended by a TV comedy sketch, but be offended by what other people get offended by in terms of TV comedy sketches. That's what complaints about the "PC police" boil down to--being offended by what other people are offended by. And again, you see it on both sides.

And I try cutting and pasting the YouTube address into the "link" button, and it isn't working.

There are closed minds on both extremes. Thinking you have all the answers is the essence of political partisanship. I think the "hooray for our side" partisan stuff is far sillier than the ideology. But it takes a special kind of closed mind not just to be offended by a TV comedy sketch, but be offended by what other people get offended by in terms of TV comedy sketches. That's what complaints about the "PC police" boil down to--being offended by what other people are offended by. And again, you see it on both sides.

And I try cutting and pasting the YouTube address into the "link" button, and it isn't working.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OohfwO7Qq5k

Works for me...Just copy and paste the link into your post...

http://<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/kCNe3t1U8Es?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/kCNe3t1U8Es?hl=en_US&version=3&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/kCNe3t1U8Es?hl=en_US&version=3&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Not sure what's going on, since the "Link" button used to work for me.

http://<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/kCNe3t1U8Es?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/kCNe3t1U8Es?hl=en_US&version=3&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/kCNe3t1U8Es?hl=en_US&version=3&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Not sure what's going on, since the "Link" button used to work for me.

No clue what the link button is... Seriously just copy and paste...

The comedy sketch was funny...I also enjoyed Black Jeopardy quite a bit. I'm of the Don Rickles mindset: just make fun of everyone...

I'm using SNL as a reference, because the skit that started this thread was about an SNL skit... duh! The show did produce Dennis Miller and Victoria Jackson, so there are at least a couple for your team. An irreverent, late-night, anti-establishment showing leaning to the left? Wow, what a surprise. I don't see a lot of liberals on the 700 Club, but you don't see me whining about it. Grow up. There are some people out there who don't think like you. Thankfully, more and more... even in your own party! Deal with it.

Back to the skit, I guess the good thing is that the poor persecuted white basketball players can count on a strong advocate in you. ESPN has really missed the boat doing those documentaries about how black football and basketball players were largely shut out of the SEC until the early 1970s. They should do one on the hundreds of talented white basketball players who are currently being denied opporunities. ;)