Jordair Jett AP All American Honorable Mention

Can't find anything about this but saw it in the paper this morning. This was the only website I could find it on. Figured more people would be talking about it

http://www.mlive.com/spartans/index.ssf/2014/04/michigan_states_adreian_payne_55.html

AP All-Americans

First team
Doug McDermott, Creighton
Jabari Parker, Duke
Russ Smith, Louisville
Shabazz Napier, UConn
Sean Kilpatrick, Cincinnati

Second team
Nick Johnson, Arizona
Andrew Wiggins, Kansas
Nik Stauskas, Michigan
Melvin Ejim, Iowa State
T.J. Warren, N.C. State

Third team
Cleanthony Early, Wichita State
Kyle Anderson, UCLA
Julius Randle, Kentucky
C.J. Fair, Syracuse
Scottie Wilbekin, Florida

Honorable mention

Karvel Anderson, Robert Morris; Cameron Ayers, Bucknell; Cameron Bairstow, New Mexico; Billy Baron, Canisius; Jerrelle Benimon, Towson; Taylor Braun, North Dakota State; De’Mon Brooks, Davidson; John Brown, High Point; Bryce Cotton, Providence; Joel Embiid, Kansas; Tyler Ennis, Syracuse; Aaron Gordon, Arizona; Langston Hall, Mercer; Gary Harris, Michigan State; Tyler Haws, BYU; R.J. Hunter, Georgia State; Jordair Jett, Saint Louis; Shawn Jones, Middle Tennessee; DeAndre Kane, Iowa State (1 first-team vote); J.J. Mann, Belmont; Javon McCrea, Buffalo; Daniel Mullings, New Mexico State; Aaric Murray, Texas Southern; Marcus Paige, North Carolina; Jacob Parker, Stephen F. Austin; Lamar Patterson, Pittsburgh; Adreian Payne, Michigan State (1); Casey Prather, Florida; Wesley Saunders, Harvard; Marcus Smart, Oklahoma State (1); Juwan Staten, West Virginia; Keifer Sykes, Green Bay; Xavier Thames, San Diego State; Fred VanVleet, Wichita State (1); Jameel Warney, Stony Brook; Davion Weber, Weber State; Alan Williams, UC Santa Barbara; Pendarvis Williams, Norfolk State; Patric Young, Florida.

Very neat. Especially if the honorable mentions are in some sort of numerical order, meaning that Jordair ranked higher than people like Adreian Payne, Marcus Smart and Fred VanVleet.

A pretty quick scan of the last names suggests its alphabetical...

Does Jett get his jersey retired now? He did win POY and All American Honorable Mention. Compared to Bonner he racked up more awards. A case can be made.

A very good case to be honored with Boushka, Ferry and Bonner. JJ finished 18th overall in total points - 1239, 3rd in assists w/ 422 and 3rd in steals at 174.

The other two SLU All-Americans not retired/honored are Ray Steiner (51/52) and Larry Hughes. BTW, did Larry ever come back for a degree?

I certainly wouldn't object, but I would be surprised if his jersey is retired, considering a guy like Claggett's still hasn't been.

Some sort of all america recognition is required for jerseys. Claggett never achieved that.

Congrats to JJ the Jet Plane for getting some AA recogniton. Well done! Now, make some FTs at the next level. :ph34r:

Some sort of all america recognition is required for jerseys. Claggett never achieved that.

Seems like kind of an arbitrary distinction...Claggett was the all time leading scorer in the Great Midwest, even if never an All-American.

Where might that "next level" be? Where do you see him ending up?

If not the NFL, then the NBDL, or overseas. Didn't mean to imply the Association.

If not the NFL, then the NBDL, or overseas. Didn't meant to imply the Association.

Well I'm interested to hear others' thoughts. I wouldn't be surprised if he hit it big in the D-League or the NFL! Or he'd be a beast in arena football. That'd be fun to watch. Wherever he ends up I hope I get to watch him play pro sports somewhere!

It really wouldn't surprise me to see him in the NFL. I believe he was a very good high school football player. And given the NFL's recent trend of at least looking at college bball players, I bet he gets a little attention from the NFL. As NFL teams scour the market after the draft, someone will kick the tires.

It really wouldn't surprise me to see him in the NFL. I believe he was a very good high school football player. And given the NFL's recent trend of at least looking at college bball players, I bet he gets a little attention from the NFL. As NFL teams scour the market after the draft, someone will kick the tires.

I sure hope so. Wouldn't mind seeing him in a Rams uni.