Act Like You've Been There Before!

Long Time Listener, First Time Caller. I have followed this Website since Spoon Ball. Have you all forgotten the lean years? The NIT's? How about no post-season? When was the last time you looked at the W and L's in the right hand column of the Web page and seen 19 in a row? Or feeling with five to six games to go in the regular season that we were a lock for the NCAA Tournament? When did we have Bobby Knight ever take an interest in SLU before? Ranking in the top 10?

We lost. Get over it. Duke lost in the first round. Syracuse didn't make it to the Sweet Sixteen. Guess what? 63 other teams will be losers. Our team were winners. The five seniors were class acts. The coach is a class act. It was an awesome year.

And what about next year? I expect better things and another NCAA Tournament. Let me ask you guys something. Would you rather have Mike Crawford...or JB? TL will bring better outside shooting too. AM will get better. Oh, what about that Whitney Young kid I see in the Chicago papers every once in awhile? Manning is no RL, but he has improved throughout the year. I haven't even mentioned GG, RA, AY, etc.

The point is that we are on the right track and the NCAA Tournament is within reach next year. We lost in the NCAA Tournament. For those bellyaching about players or coaching or whatever, you've obviously never followed a winning program before. Act like you've been there before.

Go SLU!

P.S. I think Tatum would make a big mistake not coming to SLU. Hometown Hero. For crying out loud, make it easier on your relatives to come see your games.

Long Time Listener, First Time Caller. I have followed this Website since Spoon Ball. Have you all forgotten the lean years? The NIT's? How about no post-season? When was the last time you looked at the W and L's in the right hand column of the Web page and seen 19 in a row? Or feeling with five to six games to go in the regular season that we were a lock for the NCAA Tournament? When did we have Bobby Knight ever take an interest in SLU before? Ranking in the top 10?

We lost. Get over it. Duke lost in the first round. Syracuse didn't make it to the Sweet Sixteen. Guess what? 63 other teams will be losers. Our team were winners. The five seniors were class acts. The coach is a class act. It was an awesome year.

And what about next year? I expect better things and another NCAA Tournament. Let me ask you guys something. Would you rather have Mike Crawford...or JB? TL will bring better outside shooting too. AM will get better. Oh, what about that Whitney Young kid I see in the Chicago papers every once in awhile? Manning is no RL, but he has improved throughout the year. I haven't even mentioned GG, RA, AY, etc.

The point is that we are on the right track and the NCAA Tournament is within reach next year. We lost in the NCAA Tournament. For those bellyaching about players or coaching or whatever, you've obviously never followed a winning program before. Act like you've been there before.

Go SLU!

P.S. I think Tatum would make a big mistake not coming to SLU. Hometown Hero. For crying out loud, make it easier on your relatives to come see your games.

Thank you. Very well stated.

Thanks for putting things in perspective. And I agree that we will be better than many people think next year. Replacing this year's seniors will be a challenge, but I'm looking forward to seeing what the younger guys can bring to the table.

If the freshman/ash get enough playing time EARLY IN THE YEAR we'll be a tournament team. Can't wait.

Miles Reynolds will be on the floor when we tip off Day 1 next year.

Can't wait for that.

That said, it takes a special group of young men to come here on nothing (look at what they saw coming in), and leave with 3 NCAAs. They'll be missed, but they are the reason many people even know that there's a good basketball program here.

Can't wait for that.

That said, it takes a special group of young men to come here on nothing (look at what they saw coming in), and leave with 3 NCAAs. They'll be missed, but they are the reason many people even know that there's a good basketball program here.

Well put. It takes a lot to turn a program around. They were an essential part of the shift to the winning mentality we now have.

While I think we have a shot at a fourth consecutive trip to the Dance, I can't help but remember that next year's team is full of question marks. I believe that we can reload, but a lot of guys will have to do things we've never seen from them. That doesn't mean they won't be able to step up, but it's hard for me to project an NCAA bid. We could win anywhere from 14-24 games next year and I wouldn't be all that surprised. I'm excited to see the young guys try and fill this classes' shoes and expect great things. It will be a journey, and might not always be easy, but it sure will be fun.

I fully expect huge improvements from Manning, Lancona, Crawford, and if his health allows Agbeko. Ash will add a level of athleticism we have not had in a while.

Reports about Jolly have been promising, and who knows what to expect from the rest of the freshman. The cup is more than half full.

I would also remind everyone that Conklin after 3 years was mediocre, his senior year he soared. IManning or Glaze could have that kind of improvement, and we will see improvement in The rest. I have seen improvement in McBroom and Lancona's defense already. We will have some ups and downs but we will improve during the year and NCAA is the goal.

I can't fathom Manning or Glaze becoming half of Brian Conklin next year. Hope i'm wrong, but not a single shred of evidence says I will be. Glaze cannot play basketball. I respect his energy and hustle, but he isn't a basketball player. That's obvious. If he learned how to dribble in the off season, i'd take that.

Manning shows good defensive ability...he really needs a complete overhaul of his offensive game. He need a big man camp to learn a few reliable post moves. He needs to get stronger and finish stronger around the basket. He still looks incredibly awkward out there at times, as if this was his first day in his 6-11 body. We need improvement from him badly.

I intend to bask in the moment. Worry about next year next year. Now is the time to acknowledge what these seniors brought to the table. There are tons of questions that will need to be answered but I look forward to exploring those answers as the time rolls by. Not now.

Sustainability is left for another day, another basketball year.

I can't fathom Manning or Glaze becoming half of Brian Conklin next year. Hope i'm wrong, but not a single shred of evidence says I will be. Glaze cannot play basketball. I respect his energy and hustle, but he isn't a basketball player. That's obvious. If he learned how to dribble in the off season, i'd take that.

Manning shows good defensive ability...he really needs a complete overhaul of his offensive game. He need a big man camp to learn a few reliable post moves. He needs to get stronger and finish stronger around the basket. He still looks incredibly awkward out there at times, as if this was his first day in his 6-11 body. We need improvement from him badly.

Dead on and funny.

As for Crews: Did anyone else notice that Louisville had McDonalds All American types on the floor? NC State had great talent from the ACC. Give credit to the coaching staff for bringing along our guys over the years and putting them in positions to win. We were beating Louisville in the second half at one point, if I recall correctly, despite the obvious outside shooting weakness known by everyone this year.

I would rather my son play for history buff Crews than a Louisville coach or Mizzou coach with questionable ethics. Good luck Cam.

Crews and his coaches will get Manning and GG ready, along with everyone else. Yeah, this year was special, but this is just the beginning. Next year we are going to have better outside shooting and FT shooting. The only thing I worry about is replacing Loe.

Keep in mind that as good as Jett was, his FT shooting was frustrating. DE was great, but was handled in the last five, six games. McCall was great, but blew hot and cold. JB was JB. The things these seniors brought were class, hard work, and character. Maybe the coaching staff had something to do with this.

I think the coaches got the best out of these guys.

Keep in mind that as good as Jett was, his FT shooting was frustrating. DE was great, but was handled in the last five, six games. McCall was great, but blew hot and cold. JB was JB. The things these seniors brought were class, hard work, and character. Maybe the coaching staff had something to do with this.

I think the coaches got the best out of these guys.

+1 Great post. This coaching staff knows what they are doing. They know how to get the most out of players, even though they may not possess the most basketball prowess. This says a lot since next season we have one of the highest rated recruiting classes that SLU has ever had. Nowhere to go but up from here on out.

Think of it as a long term investment in the stock market. While there may be a dip next year, the overall trend on the long term scale is consistent improvement.

I will be hoping for a record slightly above .500 next year, and that may be optimistic. I like our freshmen, but we didn't see nearly enough of them to determine anything otherwise. Replacing 5 senior starters is not going to be easy. I wanted a Sweet 16, I'll be bummed about not getting there if I want to... because actually, we haven't been there before.

It'll be interesting to see what the staff does w/ that last scholie. We don't appear to have much need at guard, although am sure if an all American JUCO pg was there for the taking he'd get it. Think we'd all agree a nice JUCO at the 3 would be welcomed, a slasher type who can rebound. But a 6'8" strong athletic JUCO PF would be great. I think JM will be ok at the 5, especially if he has a Conklin summer. But it would be great to see him w/ a 6'8" PF as his wingman. By the way, what is RAs official height?

Go SLU!

You tell it like it is, Iesha!

It'll be interesting to see what the staff does w/ that last scholie. We don't appear to have much need at guard, although am sure if an all American JUCO pg was there for the taking he'd get it. Think we'd all agree a nice JUCO at the 3 would be welcomed, a slasher type who can rebound. But a 6'8" strong athletic JUCO PF would be great. I think JM will be ok at the 5, especially if he has a Conklin summer. But it would be great to see him w/ a 6'8" PF as his wingman. By the way, what is RAs official height?

Reggie is listed at 6'7" which looks about right. I'm going to disagree regarding the PF situation. We'll have three guys who can give us solid minutes there next year, all of whom will have had more time in the system than any new recruit. I really think we only use the last scholarship on a 3. Otherwise save it and balance out the classes a bit. We'll be fine in terms of depth next year with the six guards and six bigs - no glaring holes other than the aforementioned true 3. And who knows, maybe the staff is ok with the idea of a 3 guard - 2 big system.

If he is one and done which sounds likely, unless family is moving he will never play closer than 4 hours away from St. Louis unless a pre season game so staying home for one year will give family and friends chance to see him play 15 times up close before moving away and into the 1%.

I will be hoping for a record slightly above .500 next year, and that may be optimistic. I like our freshmen, but we didn't see nearly enough of them to determine anything otherwise. Replacing 5 senior starters is not going to be easy. I wanted a Sweet 16, I'll be bummed about not getting there if I want to... because actually, we haven't been there before.

If we have a schedule like this year and only finish around 500 the Crews era is over imho. This year's bench should of finished above 500.

Can't wait for that.

Its not that he made the shot...it's that he simply walked off the court after doing so.

Go SLU!

Yes! fully agree