Louisville Comments

slufan13

Some quotes from Pitino and some Louisville players from Miklasz's article today. Comments are fine with me. Fire our team up even more.

Ah, but then Pitino let a little truth escape when speaking of SLU’s imposing challenge of stopping Louisville’s best player and leader, the guard Russ Smith.

“We have a little advantage in this game, because (Crews) will try to break down Russ Smith and he won’t have a clue how to play him,” Pitino said.

Earlier in the media session Louisville guard Terry Rozier didn’t seem all that impressed by SLU’s spirited retort in the blowback victory over N.C. State.

“No matter how many points you’re down or up, everybody is going to fight until the end of the game,” Rozier said. “I think anybody could have did that, anybody would have fought, no matter if you’re down by 14. Any team would have did that.”

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/columns/bernie-miklasz/bernie-there-s-little-pressure-on-slu/article_19a9e314-03d4-549b-8adb-f30226e3e28e.html

Basically I'm posting this because I'm asking if we should even play the game? They have all the Mickdonalds All Americans that you could ever order. They probably think we're worse than Manhattan. According to their message board, they think we're going to foul them the entire game because that's what we did to NC State. People on their board say 20+ point win easily. The experts and media seem to agree. There's never been a game that I've wanted these guys to win more than this one. I know it's a tall task but man knocking off the defending champs and the tourney favorite. Ruin everyone's bracket. Get to play in the Sweet 16 just 4 hours away in Indianapolis. Defend and Rebound. Don't turn the ball over. We can do this. Can't wait. Let's go.

Kinda ironic, I was in loulvull last weekend rockin my slu gear (before selection sunday). numerous loulvull fans came up to me telling me how dangerous slu will be, all saying defense wins championships and that's why they think we will go far.

And one week from the day, all I hear from loulvull fans is blow out.

Kinda ironic, I was in loulvull last weekend rockin my slu gear (before selection sunday). numerous loulvull fans came up to me telling me how dangerous slu will be, all saying defense wins championships and that's why they think we will go far.

And one week from the day, all I hear from loulvull fans is blow out.

Don't think the true Lville fans...those that know bball ...would take us lightly. They remember the early elimination a few years ago by Morehead St and many still remember the loss to the Bills when the Cards were ranked #2 in the nation. The Ville knows we are better than Manhattan who they struggled against. Think anyone is taking Mercer lightly....they are a B-...we are an A. No true basketball fan( or team) should be taking anyone lightly in any game. If you need a reminder, just look at your bracket.

I don't fear this matchup. I know we all detest Bilas and some of the other talking heads but I heard Jay say last night that Saint Louis can win this game ..... that while these are the defending champions, they don't have Peyton Siva, the don't have Chane Bohanan and they don't have Deng. I don't know how it's going to play out but I like the Jett/McCall match up on Smith/Jones. I like Barnett having Hancock. VanTresse is nothing to get excited about and while Montrezl Harrel is athletic as all get out, he is not a scorer in the same vein as Warren meaning he's not going to be a one-on-one nightmare for Evans.

I am looking forward to a good one.

Don't think the true Lville fans...those that know bball ...would take us lightly. They remember the early elimination a few years ago by Morehead St and many still remember the loss to the Bills when the Cards were ranked #2 in the nation. The Ville knows we are better than Manhattan who they struggled against. Think anyone is taking Mercer lightly....they are a B-...we are an A. No true basketball fan( or team) should be taking anyone lightly in any game. If you need a reminder, just look at your bracket.

Interestingly, according to Lville fans Lville only struggled because Manhattan knew them so well. There probably is some truth to that. But since SLU doesn't know how to play v. Lville, supposedly this will be a much easier game for them.

It seems the reverse would be true; Lville should have known what Manhattan was going to do. But since they don't our team well, they might face some issues as well.

Apparently, Lville plays a tough matchup zone at times. That does scare me.

They'll be there as soon as they get done w/their mint julep tailgate party with everyone singing "My Old Kentucky Home". Wish Marque P was in a Bills uni today. He knew how to de-feather the Cards. And the last game I saw live in the old Conf USA was the Bills beating UL in old Freedom Hole in 2001. Let's keep the streak alive. GO BILLIEs!

We can beat them and do something that no Bills team has ever done. Come on guys just collectively play one of the best basketball games of your lives. Heck Louisville is over confident and think this is already in the bag. They need a lesson in not taking their opponent for granted. Let's Go Bills!!!

They'll be there as soon as they get done w/their mint julep tailgate party with everyone singing "My Old Kentucky Home". Wish Marque P was in a Bills uni today. He knew how to de-feather the Cards. And the last game I saw live in the old Conf USA was the Bills beating UL in old Freedom Hole in 2001. Let's keep the streak alive. GO BILLIEs!

I was there too...we shocked the home crowd for sure and hope to shock them again today