Mike McCall's Bigger Day

Inquiring minds want to know.

you silly fuoks...

http://www.ncaa.com/march-madness-live/game/227

even watching the replay, i was just nervous as . watch from pretty much exactly 5 minutes left in regulation on. it's incredible. they missed so many free throws and we never got rattled. just incredible.

It is a pretty big day for Mike. Russ Smith is a lot to deal with...he's a Sr. too and he's been around the block. He worries me, a lot.

Russ Smith is indeed a baller of the highest order.

but Mike McCall is the Black Aaron Craft (an outstanding all around fundamental player who is criminally underrated by the masses).

but Mike McCall is the Black Aaron Craft

Aw, man that gave me a shiver. I hate Aaron Craft...but point taken. Let's just hope Mike really locks in and more importantly, hits open threes. I wish he would be more aggressive sometimes, i'd rather have him taking shots (or getting fouled for christ sake) than most.

Is it a given MM guards Smith? I respect MM's D, but wonder if JJ wouldn't be a better choice. Smith's pretty slight guy and putting a big body like JJ on him might take it's toll.

I wouldn't put Jett on him. Jett isn't moving well laterally and I wouldn't want him trying to chase Smith all over the court. I think MM is a better defender overall anyways...I think the perception is Jett is a better defender simply because he can make the occasional spectacular play (some crazy blocked shots) that MM simply can't do, but fundamentally, I think MM is better.

Not sure the words Aaron Craft and underrated have ever been in the same sentence.

Do I need to spell everything out for you fools?

The implication is that if Aaron Craft were black he'd just be some relatively underrated glue guy on a good team.

and if Mike McCall were white (and played in a higher profile conference), he'd be as well known (and hated for it) as Aaron Craft.

Turnovers, rebounding and AM will be the keys to this game. AM might need to have his best game in a SLU uni for us to win. Need him to give JJ and MM rest, not turn over the ball, play solid D and hit a few shots.

Hoping we don't come out firing up 3 balls. Let's work down low to RL and DE. Maybe get their big guy and Hancock in a little foul trouble.

JJ and MM, be aggressive from the opening whistle and don't let up.

Russ Smith is indeed a baller of the highest order.

but Mike McCall is the Black Aaron Craft (an outstanding all around fundamental player who is criminally underrated by the masses).

The implication is that if Aaron Craft were black he'd just be some relatively underrated glue guy on a good team.

and if Mike McCall were white (and played in a higher profile conference), he'd be as well known (and hated for it) as Aaron Craft.

+1, thought the use of italics in the original post made it clear.

Turnovers, rebounding and AM will be the keys to this game. AM might need to have his best game in a SLU uni for us to win. Need him to give JJ and MM rest, not turn over the ball, play solid D and hit a few shots.

Hoping we don't come out firing up 3 balls. Let's work down low to RL and DE. Maybe get their big guy and Hancock in a little foul trouble.

Agree. Although Louisville fans have said that they really struggle with big men who can roam out to the perimeter. Hopefully Rob has a huge game.

Either way you cannot turn the ball over. Don't give them anything easy.

I think the big part of it is that craft plays for Ohio State and in the Big Ten. Not much of it has to do with him being white...I could argue most people irrationally hate him because he is white too. Not sure that race has anything to do with it...

AM is going to have to hit some shots. It would open up a lot of other things. That was the big plus of Rob and Jake hitting 3s Thursday. They had to respect them and it opened stuff up inside for Rob and Manning.

Hope to see more of the twin towers and getting Dwayne a couple earlier buckets would sure help.