Crews just not a good gameday coach

SLUDrew

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he does a decent job preparing for teams and I very much respect his philosophy on team defense but his inability to adjust in-game is pathetic and he inexcusably refuses to use his timeouts.

I'm at a loss

I think you're high, man. He's a phenomenal coach. He managed that game almost perfectly. He identified their weakness and executed a game plan to exploit it.

He has an approach to managing the game that is not very intrusive so for some like me it is hard to swallow at times when you are watching he game slip away. He got lucky tonight that NCST shot FTs as bad as us.

It wasn't luck man. He out coached Mark Gottfried plain and simple. Look at the team stats, they are better than us in almost every statistical category... Except free throw percentage. Just think about that, worse than us! We could not stop them, they were too big, and they had a future NBA player on the team. He identified their weakness and executed a game plan that exploited that weakness. All those close games we played were a teaching experience for that game. He also extended the part of the game that we had excelled at all season. The end of the game. He figured out how to get the most out of those kids. I was impressed.

Crews gets as much credit for tonight's victory as anyone on the floor, IMO.

I am happy to eat crow on my earlier plus one. Not sold yet on him, but he deserves respect for what he had done. He definitely deserves to get a couple of his own recruiting classes before idiots like me pronounce judgement on him.

I think he does a decent job preparing for teams and I very much respect his philosophy on team defense but his inability to adjust in-game is pathetic and he inexcusably refuses to use his timeouts.

I'm at a loss

+1

Idiotic posts. What kind of Billiken fans are you? Oh, I answered that, idiotic.

I frankly think that we were very lucky that Coach Majerus brought Coach Crews in when he did. I don't profess to be an X & O savant. I will leave that up to Coach Crews. Let's see we had a school record 19 straight wins. In my book he is doing his job. Jeez Louise can't fans enjoy easily one of our greatest comebacks.

Idiotic posts. What kind of Billiken fans are you? Oh, I answered that, idiotic.

Oh f u. There were plenty of things to question about the game and the season. Seriously, go back to telling us how we our only the 40th best team, how strong the ACC is looking, how bad Dayton was going to look, and how we need Jett and DE at 100%.

None of those were accurate.

I frankly think that we were very lucky that Coach Majerus brought Coach Crews in when he did. I don't profess to be an X & O savant. I will leave that up to Coach Crews. Let's see we had a school record 19 straight wins. In my book he is doing his job. Jeez Louise can't fans enjoy easily one of our greatest comebacks.

+ 1000, Schasz.

I am happy to eat crow on my earlier plus one. Not sold yet on him, but he deserves respect for what he had done. He definitely deserves to get a couple of his own recruiting classes before idiots like me pronounce judgement on him.

I wasn't calling you out. You're one of my favorite posters. Easy to get frustrated the way that game was going. Crews was just so impressive when it mattered, though.

Holly $hit yes!

I'm at a loss

Either you are an idiot or you are one of those emotional Billiken fans. Crews is an X and Os guy. He just doesn't get rattled and show his emotions like others do. I am for an even keel guy like that who is a true general in battle. Good thing the guys do not have to live with your surrender mentality.

Either you are an idiot or you are one of those emotional Billiken fans. Crews is an X and Os guy. He just doesn't get rattled and show his emotions like others do. I am for an even keel guy like that who is a true general in battle. Good thing the guys do not have to live with your surrender mentality.

Says the guy who has bitched all year about Crews not playing the freshman enough and wearing out the seniors by playing them too many minutes.

Oh f u. There were plenty of things to question about the game and the season. Seriously, go back to telling us how we our only the 40th best team, how strong the ACC is looking, how bad Dayton was going to look, and how we need Jett and DE at 100%.

None of those were accurate.

You are struggling with facts, as usual, on both matters above. YOU throw people like JC under the bus at the first sign of stress.

I am thrilled we won. That is what matters. We are A-10 champs; beat NC State.

RE: JC, stop it.