GDT: Billikens v. NC State

DD3

• Replies 904
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Watched the game at the Shack. Great atmosphere. I sat the entire second half drinking a beer, assuming it was over. I didn't let myself believe until we got it to 5 or so. Amazing. Just amazing. This team is no where near the most talented, but they do not give up. Rob is literally the most disrespected Billiken in my memory. He played like a champ tonight. Loved the cuts to his parents in the stands.

Our only chance now is a miracle intervention by Saint Majerus.

Saint Majerus,

defend us this day battle

be our protection from the .half-court traps and press of the Devil.

May God rebuke him, we humbly pray

and do thou, O Prince of Heavenly hosts,

cast into Hell, Coach K and all those

who prowl the world seeking the championship

How long in real world time did the last four minutes of regulation take?

I think I blanked out during that run

Can i say FU Bilas and FU Coach K? My a$$ winner of NC State/Xavier makes it pass SLU easily. Was Warren's point total very Carmelo like?

It looked to me like Warren just quit when he fouled out. Once we put Jett on him to just shadow him and deny him, he was getting frustrated.

It looked to me like Warren just quit when he fouled out. Once we put Jett on him to just shadow him and deny him, he was getting frustrated.

He fouled out when we had 26 seconds on the shot clock and still hadn't passed mid court. It was right out of a timeout, but does the ten seconds start over? I thought it was a really bonehead move

Some may call it bold, but if loe had 1, maybe 2, no more then 3, more nc state type games this season he'd have a very realistic shot at the nba.

He has a realistic shot at the NBA. He'll have the opportunity to prove himself during some teams summer camp. He has way too many skill that NBA teams drool over to not get a chance

Scouts have been following him since before he even came to SLU

He fouled out when we had 26 seconds on the shot clock and still hadn't passed mid court. It was right out of a timeout, but does the ten seconds start over? I thought it was a really bonehead move

It looked to me like he just said it, this one is over. I'm out.

It would have been better to let a few more seconds tick and someone else foul.

I also thought the same thing about the Bills when DE was committing foul after foul down the stretch in regulation. Not that he seemed to quit as we were down and he was doing what had to be done, but there were a couple of them where someone else was right there and could have fouled instead of DE

Either way it worked out

RL looked like Dirk. Shooting the 3 and then putting the ball on the floor and attacking.

He has a realistic shot at the NBA. He'll have the opportunity to prove himself during some teams summer camp. He has way too many skill that NBA teams drool over to not get a chance

I agree - they like his type of play for the NBA. He won't be star but he could get decent minutes off the bench - he really needs to be more consistent with the 3 to make it though.

I wanted to point out that the McDonalds AA McNugget that NC State fans were touting highly (especially for his stellar Assist/Turnover Ratio) had 7 Turnovers and 6 Assists...

Sharp shooting big guys are a premium but who would be guard? He isnt strong or fast enough to defend in the NBA. It is easier to teach a big guy a jumper, i.e. Rasheed Wallace would be left wide open at UNC from the free throw line and became a good three point shooter in the NBA.

I wanted to point out that the McDonalds AA McNugget that NC State fans were touting highly (especially for his stellar Assist/Turnover Ratio) had 7 Turnovers and 6 Assists...

He found the open man very well. It just happened that the open man's jersey read "Saint Louis".

Sharp shooting big guys are a premium but who would be guard? He isnt strong or fast enough to defend in the NBA. It is easier to teach a big guy a jumper, i.e. Rasheed Wallace would be left wide open at UNC from the free throw line and became a good three point shooter in the NBA.

Rob can bang in the post. This is probably where he improved most at SLU - post defense.