GDT: Billikens v. NC State

DD3

That last 3 minutes of regulation took 45 minutes and I am not sure I've ever worked up that big of a sweat for any 3 minute span of any Billiken game ever before. For those board members at the game, and I saw most of you in several emotional states as the cameras panned throughout the game, I'm jealous as fu©k that I was unable to experience that comeback live in person. What a game, what a comeback, what a win, for this SLU team and those 5 seniors! Let's go Manhattan!

• Replies 904
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK guys I watched this on TV and I had my heart thumping and depression setting in throughout most of the game. I think for long stretches of the game NC State plainly played better than we did. And then Wonder of Wonders, Miracle of Miracles, they came from 16 points behind, tied the game. Then even more incredibly, they completely demoralized the NC State team and outplayed them in overtime and finally they WON! Wooooo! Great! This is exactly what very good teams do, they do not give up, fight until the end, and whenever the breaks go for them manage to win the game. Great!

Lets discuss the range of emotions we had tonight....anger, hate, frustration, suicidal, depression, doubt, concern, doubt, hope, frustration, hate, hope, excitement, irritation, hope, excitement, disbelief, shock, jubilation...euphoria.

Lets discuss the range of emotions we had tonight....anger, hate, frustration, suicidal, depression, doubt, concern, doubt, hope, frustration, hate, hope, excitement, irritation, hope, excitement, disbelief, shock, jubilation...euphoria.

I think you hit all of them.

+1000 ... but too worn out to discuss.

When we were down 16, I left my watch party at my house to sit by myself in the kitchen, watching in silence on my phone. I figured out the trick to making us play WAY better.... Because we know what happened after that!

Okay. We got some rules for Saturday.

Moytoy - No clients

LastTerm - On the Crapper

bills10 - Watching on the phone

Anything else?

Okay. We got some rules for Saturday.

Moytoy - No clients

LastTerm - On the Crapper

bills10 - Watching on the phone

Anything else?

Yeah, this loser went to take a shower with 5:00 left. Looks like I need to lather up on Saturday. (Easy on that one gentlemen.)