GDT: Billikens v. NC State

DD3

Will somebody tell me how tall Anya is and how well he played against us? I forgot, I was watching Warren so much.

He's 6'9 with a 7'9 (!) wingspan. However, he also weighs 275, so he can only play in spurts right now. Against us, he played only 12 minutes but had 3 rebounds, 1 steal, 3 blocks, and was generally a monster down low. If he gets in shape (he's only a freshman), he can be a beast in a year or two. But he's got to lose A LOT of weight.

Of course, any transfer rumors re: Anya are pure speculation right now. I don't have any info on this beyond what message boards are saying, so that doesn't inspire much confidence. (And Agbeko certainly has the potential to fill that low post void, too.)

• Replies 904
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He's 6'9 with a 7'9 (!) wingspan. However, he also weighs 275, so he can only play in spurts right now. Against us, he played only 12 minutes but had 3 rebounds, 1 steal, 3 blocks, and was generally a monster down low. If he gets in shape (he's only a freshman), he can be a beast in a year or two. But he's got to lose A LOT of weight.

Of course, any transfer rumors re: Anya are pure speculation right now. I don't have any info on this beyond what message boards are saying, so that doesn't inspire much confidence. (And Agbeko certainly has the potential to fill that low post void, too.)

Thank you, sludevil.