Non SLU GDT thread

brianstl

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some surprises, as usual. Who would think "Dayton"?

(4) Big East "F": 0 in Sweet 16

(6) ACC "D-": 1

(6) A-10 "D": 1

(7) Big 12 "C-" 2

(6) Big 10 "B" 3

(4) AAC "B" 2

(5) Pac 12 "A-" 3 (assume AZ hangs on for win)

(3) SEC "A+": 3

Debatable, I know...

Haha. Why did you give the ACC a "D-" and the A10 a "D"?

I know you can't totally rank a conference by how they did in the tournament after 1 year, but the way Creighton got beat last night said a lot about the Big East in my opinion. As much as current Big East fans want to argue the contrary, the Big East is no longer a power conference.

Haha. Why did you give the ACC a "D-" and the A10 a "D"?

I know you can't totally rank a conference by how they did in the tournament after 1 year, but the way Creighton got beat last night said a lot about the Big East in my opinion. As much as current Big East fans want to argue the contrary, the Big East is no longer a power conference.

No big deal but the ACC had two three seeds knocked out so expectations were higher so I dinged the ACC.

Both had 6 teams in, each had one made it to The Sweet 16.

ACC = 5 wins so for, A-10 = 3 wins.

No big deal but the ACC had two three seeds knocked out so expectations were higher so I dinged the ACC.

Both had 6 teams in, each had one made it to The Sweet 16.

ACC = 5 wins so for, A-10 = 3 wins.

A10 has four wins going into tonight.

A10 has four wins going into tonight.

Nope.

After tonight if Dayton holds on...A-10 'll have (4). Dayton is playing great ball. Hitting 3's galore, athletic, faster than all three teams they played.

Dayton beat Ohio State (1) & Syracuse (2), SLU beat NC State, that's (3).

Weird to think that Dayton probably doesn't get in unless they ruin our senior night.

The 1/11 game @Dayton was the beginning of our A-10 slate, and the 9th of our 19th straight victories. Weird to think that almost 90% of people who watched that game, and would be told one of those teams would make the Elite 8, would have picked SLU.

I'm looking at this Dayton team and wondering how they finished fifth in the A-10.

Archie will drop Dayton as soon as a big name power school comes after him, which could happen in a few weeks.

Which would be just as dumb for that big name school as Dayton giving him a lifetime contract. We are talking about a guy that got out coached 3 times this season by Martelli.

What would really be funny is if the BE passes on us for Dayton and some other school

That would be hilarious!

For a long time we've heard that part of the reason they haven't expanded is its not clear who number 12 would be (presuming we are 11). This run may clear it up a bit.

Of course, if they force a east/west balance this run could screw us.

Straight up, who would you take:

Archie or Jim Crews?

If I was a bottom feeder in a power conference............. Archie. You are going to need the better recruiter in those jobs to hopefully jump start the program.

If you got talent already in the program....... Crews.

Neither would be on my list if I had a big budget.