Non SLU GDT thread

brianstl

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How many times have I politely written to you lightweights that the A-10 RPI had a malfunction this year.

A statistical anomaly.

Ferris Buehler got into the computer and changed it.

Remember?

I mentioned that in particular U Mass at # 13 was a complete joke, then # 14, #17, # 22, # 24, # 30...six teams in top 30 at one point.

NCAA results:

• (W) Dayton one point at the buzzer win over the # 5 team in The Big Ten, OSU, nice win
  • (L) Our tournament winner St. Joes loses by 9 to # 7 seed, # 3 team in the whatever American Conference, U. Conn
  • (W) SLU nice OT win over NC St., # 6 team in ACC
  • (L) U Mass disgraced by 19 points to tired from their "First Four" game and travel #11 seed Tennessee
  • (L) GW loses by 5 to # 4 in the American Conference or whatever it is called, Memphis
  • (L) VCU disgraced by # 12 seed Stephen F. Austin who TF are they?

2 wins, 4 losses. Glad we were one of the wins, it saved our season.

1-5 ATS.

Oh, and one guy mentioned it, let me put it to you this way: Shaka Smart has < 0.001% chance of coaching at Duke. Ever.

Yes, my PR source went ape on Louisville, usually it is within 1 to 1.5 points of the actual spreads. So shoot me. Take SLU + 9 and let me know your thoughts.

How many times have I politely written to you lightweights that the A-10 RPI had a malfunction this year.

A statistical anomaly.

Ferris Buehler got into the computer and changed it.

Remember?

I mentioned that in particular U Mass at # 13 was a complete joke, then # 14, #17, # 22, # 24, # 30...six teams in top 30 at one point.

NCAA results:

• (W) Dayton one point at the buzzer win over the # 5 team in The Big Ten, OSU, nice win
  • (L) Our tournament winner St. Joes loses by 9 to # 7 seed, # 3 team in the whatever American Conference, U. Conn
  • (W) SLU nice OT win over NC St., # 6 team in ACC
  • (L) U Mass disgraced by 19 points to tired from their "First Four" game and travel #11 seed Tennessee
  • (L) GW loses by 5 to # 4 in the American Conference or whatever it is called, Memphis
  • (L) VCU disgraced by # 12 seed Stephen F. Austin who TF are they?

2 wins, 4 losses.

1-5 ATS.

Oh, and one guy mentioned it, let me put it to you this way: Shaka Smart has < 0.001% chance of coaching at Duke. Ever.

Yes, my PR source went ape on Louisville, usually it is within 1 to 1.5 points of the actual spreads. So shoot me. Take SLU + 9 and let me know your thoughts.

At least none of the A10 teams lost to Mercer...

Yeah, but interestingly enough you didn't mention the malfunction that caused RPI to rate Coach Cretaceous's Dookies as a decent team...

At least none of the A10 teams lost to Mercer...

Why do you hate Duke? You are not from the ACC or that area, correct?

There is a book coming out soon that studied the Duke haters that are not from the ACC, just hate Duke for some unknown reason.

> 90% never played any varsity sport in high school (well real sports, not swimming or other foo foo teams)

> 60% got cut from 2 or more freshman teams

> 60% are 5'8" or shorter

> 80%: wife runs the household

Etc.

Well, read the book, it will be like looking into a mirror for some of you.

I agree for the most part, but VCU lost by 2, GW had a chance to tie at the end, and Saint Joes went to OT after choking a bit...the A-10 could easily be 5-1. Only UMass got smacked.

SJU was supposed to lose. GW was supposed to lose...the only real 'upset' was VCU losing, which balances out since Dayton upset Ohio State.

In contrast, Pitt was favored over Colorado, Duke was favored over Mercer, a lot of people had NC State over us, UNC had major trouble with Providence, and Virginia is currently having trouble with Coastal Carolina. Only Syracuse rolled.

Obviously the ACC is still a better conference, but I don't think THIS YEAR we are that far behind...

And st. Joes went to OT all games we competed. They all deserved there bids.

Did you think U Mass was # 13 at that point in time, for over a month I believe? Many said they were mid-30's at best, even 40+. The A-10 cracked the code somehow.

I agree for the most part, but VCU lost by 2, GW had a chance to tie at the end, and Saint Joes went to OT after choking a bit...the A-10 could easily be 5-1. Only UMass got smacked.

SJU was supposed to lose. GW was supposed to lose...the only real 'upset' was VCU losing, which balances out since Dayton upset Ohio State.

In contrast, Pitt was favored over Colorado, Duke was favored over Mercer, a lot of people had NC State over us, UNC had major trouble with Providence, and Virginia is currently having trouble with Coastal Carolina. Only Syracuse rolled.

Obviously the ACC is still a better conference, but I don't think THIS YEAR we are that far behind...

Agree, but IMO the point spreads tell you that the RPI's were wrong. And Dayton won by 1 at the buzzer and we won in OT by 3 so that negates the close losses.

I am so glad we won or the usual trolls that say they are fans would have thrown JC and JB and others under the bus, some panicked before the game was over and started it.

There is a book coming out soon that studied the Duke haters that are not from the ACC, just hate Duke for some unknown reason.

> 90% never played any varsity sport in high school (well real sports, not swimming or other foo foo teams)

Etc.

I don't understand, so only 10% of people who hate Dook played a varsity spot?

Cut from freshman teams??

Isn't the average height of an American 5'9?

Never had a wife, but in my experience with women... this seems fairly accurate for most relationships...

What do any of these have to do with hating Dook? Christ all you have to do is go back to last week and the A-10 comments to see why it's easy to hate Dook. Coastal C is hanging with UVA right now.. Thanks for your imput Coach K.

People hate Dook in the same way people hate the Yankees, no?

Etc.

i started varsity basketball for three years and varsity baseball for four.

i was never cut from any team.

i'm 6'4".

i'm 50/50 with my main bit.ch.

i fuoking HATE duke.

mythbusted.

reality.