Bills by 3 over NC St

The Wiz

For the nervous Nellies...yes this spread is close enough for you to be worried....the good news is we are the better team.

Now for some perspective....If NC St (B+) were an A-10 team they would be 7th in our conference (this ought to draw out any Wolfpack fans if they are lurking). I can't really find a comparable team in the A-10 so let's just say they are not as good as St. J or Dayton and better than St. B. Outside of the A-10, I would rank them similar to Mizzou.

NC St is a pretty good shooting team (but still shot over their head against X...54.7%)....they just can't shoot 3's..

Here is what we need to do to win.....

Stop Warren....since we are the better team this doesn't have to be drastic....hold him to 20pts....He is their team. You will notice when X was leading most of the 1st half , it was when they shut him down.

3pt D....as mention above they are not a 3pt team but we still have to contain them.....21%....3 made ...10att.....2 of 3 categories......Their only real threat is Turner....if we hold him to less than 30% we should be fine

Basics....If we do the Basics we can win....44%FG...71%FT...32% 3pt....but I would like to see us kick it up a notch. In the St.B wrapup I mentioned some new target stats for the Dance... good and great levels...The good level looked like this........49%FG....78%FT....35% 3pt and of course 3pt D below 30%. I think we need to start playing at this level for 2 reasons. First, everyone kicks it up during the Dance...we should too. Second, while we may be able to win playing at "Bills level" for this game we won't be able to win in the future playing at this level...we need to start cranking it up now because the next game we will have to play at the great level.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Numbers are numbers and they are based on the body of work but do your stats take into account any trends such as our four-of-five game losing streak, an injured player, home court advantage, and so on. Just curious, not arguing with the spread number here.

Numbers are numbers and they are based on the body of work but do your stats take into account any trends such as our four-of-five game losing streak, an injured player, home court advantage, and so on. Just curious, not arguing with the spread number here.

Yes there is a momentum factor plus the numbers themselves have adjusted to reflect the way we are playing.....bottomline...we are still the better team....we just need to play like it.

For the nervous Nellies...yes this spread is close enough for you to be worried....the good news is we are the better team.

Now for some perspective....If NC St (B+) were an A-10 team they would be 7th in our conference (this ought to draw out any Wolfpack fans if they are lurking). I can't really find a comparable team in the A-10 so let's just say they are not as good as St. J or Dayton and better than St. B. Outside of the A-10, I would rank them similar to Mizzou.

NC St is a pretty good shooting team (but still shot over their head against X...54.7%)....they just can't shoot 3's..

Here is what we need to do to win.....

Stop Warren....since we are the better team this doesn't have to be drastic....hold him to 20pts....He is their team. You will notice when X was leading most of the 1st half , it was when they shut him down.

3pt D....as mention above they are not a 3pt team but we still have to contain them.....21%....3 made ...10att.....2 of 3 categories......Their only real threat is Turner....if we hold him to less than 30% we should be fine

Basics....If we do the Basics we can win....44%FG...71%FT...32% 3pt....but I would like to see us kick it up a notch. In the St.B wrapup I mentioned some new target stats for the Dance... good and great levels...The good level looked like this........49%FG....78%FT....35% 3pt and of course 3pt D below 30%. I think we need to start playing at this level for 2 reasons. First, everyone kicks it up during the Dance...we should too. Second, while we may be able to win playing at "Bills level" for this game we won't be able to win in the future playing at this level...we need to start cranking it up now because the next game we will have to play at the great level.

LOL you are right that statement will bring out the Wolfpack lurkers! I really hope the basketball team expects to be playing a team on the talent level of St. J or Dayton...

Obviously we were not a great team this year, but strictly looking at talent, our roster is littered with top 100 recruits and 3 McDonalds All Americans.

You say hold Warren to 20 like that is easy to do. Trust me, every team we have played this year had that as their game plan. It did not happen often, especially in the second half of the season. Unless he is in foul trouble or is having an out of this world bad night, which he has done once this year, he is going for 25+ and there is really nothing you can do about it (not you but anyone in general). That Warren you watched last night, that was a below average game.

LOL you are right that statement will bring out the Wolfpack lurkers! I really hope the basketball team expects to be playing a team on the talent level of St. J or Dayton...

Obviously we were not a great team this year, but strictly looking at talent, our roster is littered with top 100 recruits and 3 McDonalds All Americans.

You say hold Warren to 20 like that is easy to do. Trust me, every team we have played this year had that as their game plan. It did not happen often, especially in the second half of the season. Unless he is in foul trouble or is having an out of this world bad night, which he has done once this year, he is going for 25+ and there is really nothing you can do about it (not you but anyone in general). That Warren you watched last night, that was a below average game.

This is definitely a recycled Memphis post from a couple of years ago.

You guys have a great basketball team and I respect your good season. I completely disagree with claiming NC State would finish 7th in the A10. There are too many variables at play to make such a broad statement. NC State has struggled at times this season primarily due to the fact they lost their previous starters to the NBA/Europe and they played with young inexperienced guys. NC State has been playing really well lately. There is a lot of parity in college basketball and you guys had the better season, but NC State has better raw talent. The starting and back up point guard (Lewis and barber) were McDonald All-Americans. Looking forward to a good game.

I am pretty sure these are Memphis fans from 2 years ago posing as NC St fans. Hate to think there are two fan bases bases just as obsessed about top 100 recruits and McD All-Americans with so little to show for it on the results side.

Are you saying your coach is not great or is the litter of top 100 recruits and all Americans just way over-rated? I don't recall anyone having to ball his eyes out to get us into the tourney. Talent level without a team concept didn't help Memphis beat us in the tourney. I think theirs was better than yours.....

Is your coach better than Pastner?

Sorry I didn't mean to throw that out there as a brag by any means. I just disagree that we would finish 7th in the A10 after finishing 7th in the ACC.

And while our recruits were ranked highly, they were not the best of the best, and they are all really young. We lost over 80% of our scoring from last season, so yeh this year was a work in progress. We are, though, playing much better the last month or so. I certainly am not saying that we are going to come in and beat y'all just because we have better recruiting classes. I know you have a very good basketball team.

I am pretty sure these are Memphis fans from 2 years ago posing as NC St fans. Hate to think there are two fan bases bases just as obsessed about top 100 recruits and McD All-Americans with so little to show for it on the results side.

Also VCU, Washington and New Mexico fans... we just can't beat the "athletes."

It's a mistake to dismiss State as just another Memphis. State is playing really good basketball right now, and Warren is going to be (by far) the best player on the floor at any given time. (Also, Pastner is just a terrible, terrible coach.) If SLU reverts to mid-season form, then I think we get a close win. If SLU continues its trend from the last few games, then we lose, maybe by a lot.

Sorry I didn't mean to throw that out there as a brag by any means. I just disagree that we would finish 7th in the A10 after finishing 7th in the ACC.

And while our recruits were ranked highly, they were not the best of the best, and they are all really young. We lost over 80% of our scoring from last season, so yeh this year was a work in progress. We are, though, playing much better the last month or so. I certainly am not saying that we are going to come in and beat y'all just because we have better recruiting classes. I know you have a very good basketball team.

It sounds like the Bills as a 3-point favorite is pretty fair. We're all plenty worried about Warren.

It's a mistake to dismiss State as just another Memphis. State is playing really good basketball right now, and Warren is going to be (by far) the best player on the floor at any given time. (Also, Pastner is just a terrible, terrible coach.) If SLU reverts to mid-season form, then I think we get a close win. If SLU continues its trend from the last few games, then we lose, maybe by a lot.

If Jordair's knee is better, he is by far the best/most important player on the floor.

We need to respect all teams specifically NC State now that we will meet them. I feel we have the tools to win the game and I hope the team that we believe SLU can be takes the floor tomorrow night. Win by 1 point is still a win, thank you!

If Jordair's knee is better, he is by far the best/most important player on the floor.

Have you watched NC State at all? Jordair's a great player, and SLU would absolutely not be where they are without him. But Warren is a future lottery pick for a reason.

Have you watched NC State at all? Jordair's a great player, and SLU would absolutely not be where they are without him. But Warren is a future lottery pick for a reason.

I wasn't talking about players that are capable of going to the NBA. I was talking about the player with the most experience, better defense, and greater overall knowledge of the game at this point in his career. Not taking away anything from Warren, but Jordair is the A10 player of the year for a reason.

Just because he's not tall enough to make it in the Association doesn't mean he isn't one of the better players at the COLLEGE BASKETBALL level.

You guys have a great basketball team and I respect your good season. I completely disagree with claiming NC State would finish 7th in the A10. There are too many variables at play to make such a broad statement. NC State has struggled at times this season primarily due to the fact they lost their previous starters to the NBA/Europe and they played with young inexperienced guys. NC State has been playing really well lately. There is a lot of parity in college basketball and you guys had the better season, but NC State has better raw talent. The starting and back up point guard (Lewis and barber) were McDonald All-Americans. Looking forward to a good game.

State fan, I'm with you on this one. Living in NC and seeing the progress State has made since their loss to Wake, I'm very impressed with how your team is playing. Bills are in for one heckuva struggle, and as much as I enjoy Wiz's predictions, I think he's wrong on this one. I hope the Bills win but my bracket has State in the round of 32. Just really disappointed with how our last five games played out. We basically sucked.

I wasn't talking about players that are capable of going to the NBA. I was talking about the player with the most experience, better defense, and greater overall knowledge of the game at this point in his career. Not taking away anything from Warren, but Jordair is the A10 player of the year for a reason.

Just because he's not tall enough to make it in the Association doesn't mean he isn't one of the better players at the COLLEGE BASKETBALL level.

Warren is ACC POY for a reason, beating out media darling Jabari Parker. The guy sort of unexpectedly turned into a beast. Big problem for the Billikens.

Sure, I agree that Jett's a great college basketball player. And he obviously has more experience than Warren. But Warren (the ACC player of the year) is a great college basketball player, too. In fact, he's a good enough player and has good enough measurables to be desirable to a lot of NBA teams. I think, at the end of the day, it comes down to this: if I'm looking at both teams objectively, then I think NC State has at least one guy who can guard Jett. I don't think anyone on SLU is capable of handling Warren one-on-one.

Yes!