"Opening Round" Thread

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had a hard time deciding who to root for. I'm going with NC State. Just feel better facing a team that really hasn't shot well from beyond the arc, and I think it's a positive that we haven't played them recently.

why we get winner of 2 name programs instead of winner of this no name game on now?

I think there are 2 play-in games of the last 4 at large teams, and 2 play-in games of the last 4 automatic bids. The 2 automatic bids go on to play #1 seeds (Florida, WSU) while the 2 at large teams go on to play #5 (SLU) and #6 (UMASS). The automatic bid teams are obviously considered weaker and go against the top seeded teams.

These two teams might kill each other the way this game is going.

Are you getting any feel of the crowd?

I would assume pro Xavier but I am seeing a lot of Sweater vests in the crowd who might be there to root against X.

I havent been able to pick up on it one way or the other.

So, my question for you all is how do you suppose we would stop Anya, the 6'9" 325 monster? I mean last year we handled Sim Bhullar but we had CR to help. So far that is my only concern for NC State.

Are you getting any feel of the crowd?
I would assume pro Xavier but I am seeing a lot of Sweater vests in the crowd who might be there to root against X.
I havent been able to pick up on it one way or the other.

Very pro-wolfpack. Many "Beat Xavier" shirts.

I would love to beat x but nc state's lack of familiarity with us and below average three point shooting sounds good to me.

So, my question for you all is how do you suppose we would stop ###### Anya, the 6'9" 325 monster? I mean last year we handled Sim Bhullar but we had CR to help. So far that is my only concern for NC State.

Very pro-wolfpack. Many "Beat Xavier" shirts.

I haven't seen them utilize him on offense much.

So, my question for you all is how do you suppose we would stop ###### Anya, the 6'9" 325 monster? I mean last year we handled Sim Bhullar but we had CR to help. So far that is my only concern for NC State.

He is not a very good player and he isn't in good enough shape to play extended minutes.