Xavier or NC State? Informed opinions?

I'd rather play Xavier...known commodity...and much smaller. 7 of NC State's 9 man rotation are 6'4'' or bigger. TJ Warren at 6'8'' is exactly the type of player that gives us trouble.

I'd rather play Xavier...known commodity...and much smaller. 7 of NC State's 9 man rotation are 6'4'' or bigger. TJ Warren at 6'8'' is exactly the type of player that gives us trouble.

Completely Agree! Its not that State is necessarily the better team but they present more match-up problems for us. Given our current roster and its defensive strengths if you tell me that team A's best player is a 6'3 guard and team B's best player is 6'8 PF I would take playing team A every time

I would rather play NC St, their one man team, and terrible 3 shooting over X with their deeper scoring roster, more efficient offense, and better rebounding,

TJ Warren is a big deal. We can't really stop him. They are also a big, big team...and we haven't exactly been gangbusters on the glass

On the other hand, I couldn't handle a loss to Xavier...for me, that would probably be about the worse scenario possible

NC State lucked out against Syracuse in the ACC Tourney- a banked 3 pointer and 2 awful charge calls on Syracuse in the last 4 minutes gave them that game.

TJ Warren is a big deal. We can't really stop him. They are also a big, big team...and we haven't exactly been gangbusters on the glass

On the other hand, I couldn't handle a loss to Xavier...for me, that would probably be about the worse scenario possible

NC State lucked out against Syracuse in the ACC Tourney- a banked 3 pointer and 2 awful charge calls on Syracuse in the last 4 minutes gave them that game.

I know Warren is a big deal. They aren't really any bigger than X. Both teams have five guys above 6'6' that average double figures in minutes. I would rather take our chances against the team that has less scoring options.

I think NC State is going to handle Xavier, but I think both would be similar match-ups for SLU. I've been developing the theory that we've been hustling the nation and our defense is still there, just as good as ever. We're just waiting to turn it on in the tournament. Ya'll watch. I'll take NC St and see what we can do with our d.

Nc state is a one man team, but x has a injured center. If you're worried about nc state size, think mizzou. Mizzou has to be one of if not the worst front court team in all of the land, and they won @ state.

Regarding Xavier's familiarity with us. We beat every team in the A10 this year. Other than George Mason, all of those other teams were familiar with us too since we played them last year. It was just the rematch game this year that caused us problems.

Do either of them have a Jake Barnett/Mike Crawford type who can nail a three once in a while who will just beat the hell out of us by launching three after three after unbalanced, shot from the hip, banked in, three? That's who we want to avoid. Also if they have more than one big, can rebound, or hit free throws, we'd like to avoid them too..... Not too many teams like that in the dance.....

I'd like Xavier to lose the play in game and every other BE team to go down early like the dirty, dirty whores that they are. NC State scares me as much as Bona or whom ever we've played in the last month......

Gents we can handle both X and NC state as well as Louisville. Have some respect for SLU, they will be very prepared and hungry to win. I predict an upset of Louisville as long as we can get that first win. Louisville game is winnable.

By the way JJ cannot guard Warren, it will take a combination of DE, TL, GG, and RA if healthy to do it. With JJ, he would shoot over him all day.

Seems that 33% of all brackets turned in to ESPN so far today have SLU being upset in the first round to either X or NC State. How far we have fallen so it will be a surprise to them when we hit the Final Four. We are bracket busters!?!