The No Call...

C'mon, buck up, Billy fans. We're not blaming this on the refs. Agree the no call on JJ was horrendous, and to rub salt in the wound the big guy fouled him after he survived the first mugging. But that one play did not cost us this game. 20 Bona points off 12 stupid TO's did us in, and that's been happening a lot lately. Also, when JB's on the floor we're playing 4.5 on 5. I hate to knock him so hard, but I am scratching my head trying to figure out just what role he's playing for this team. He's a 3 that can't slash, or hit a decent % on 3s, or even take care of the ball. I thought we played a lot better w/ TL in there and hope we see him really cut into JB's minutes in the dance opener. I mean can you imagine what a HC is going to tell his player that's assigned to defend JB , "don't worry too much about your man, lay off him a little and watch #21 and #5 and be ready to provide help." Player says, "What if he gets open for a 3?" Coach, "We'll take our chances. He hits one no big deal, 'cause he ain't hitting two in a row."

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

C'mon, buck up, Billy fans. We're not blaming this on the refs. Agree the no call on JJ was horrendous, and to rub salt in the wound the big guy fouled him after he survived the first mugging. But that one play did not cost us this game. 20 Bona points off 12 stupid TO's did us in, and that's been happening a lot lately. Also, when JB's on the floor we're playing 4.5 on 5. I hate to knock him so hard, but I am scratching my head trying to figure out just what role he's playing for this team. He's a 3 that can't slash, or hit a decent % on 3s, or even take care of the ball. I thought we played a lot better w/ TL in there and hope we see him really cut into JB's minutes in the dance opener. I mean can you imagine what a HC is going to tell his player that's assigned to defend JB , "don't worry too much about your man, lay off him a little and watch #21 and #5 and be ready to provide help." Player says, "What if he gets open for a 3?" Coach, "We'll take our chances. He hits one no big deal, 'cause he ain't hitting two in a row."

Good points.

He isn't the cure for what's going on, but the 0 min played in that last 2 games for MC is very curious. Perhaps, there is an easy answer (injury?), but tough to figure out what's going on there right now.

Sorry to say theses are the type of no calls that must be contested when it happens by the coaching staff. It is water under the bridge now and Olean NY is the current hotbed for knockout basketball.

Jake is averaging 2.1 points in the 2nd halves of games. Yet he logs some of the most minutes on the team in the 2nd half. Crews didn't seem happy with him today though.

Thought:

No call was terrible.

But we basically gave up 2 free points with lackluster defense at the end of the first half when they went the length of the court. That ended up being huge.

Yep...add that and the missed 1 foot layup from RL and that call isn't as huge. It was HORRENDOUS, no doubt, but we put ourselves in that position by not executing. PERIOD.

+1 sure he is a good and smart kid but I won't be sorry not seeing him in Blue & White next season.

They said it was a foul n - one of them said that while the refs do not want to take the game away from the players at the end of a close one but they have to call this one - it was so obvious.

Thanks. I was just wondering.

As for JB. I'm not his biggest fan either bit I think I saw in an online Timmerman article the other day that he leads the team in +-.

Im not a huge believer in the stat, a lot less of a believer after seeing that, but maybe Crews looks at those numbers more than most.

I've always hated the "take the game away from the players" line. As a wise man once said, this isn't 'Nam. There are rules. Foul shots are part of the game, and if one team plays itself into a couple in crunchtime, it's not "letting them play" to pretend like it didn't happen.

Thanks. I was just wondering.

As for JB. I'm not his biggest fan either bit I think I saw in an online Timmerman article the other day that he leads the team in +-.

Im not a huge believer in the stat, a lot less of a believer after seeing that, but maybe Crews looks at those numbers more than most.

Look at it again. Loe led for the whole season as well as conference play. I believe Barnett was last among the seniors. Also manning is terrible. He is well overall minus and it stands out since he generally only plays when rob is on the bench.

Manning had an okay game today. Problem we did not have an answer to their zone chalk that up to JC and crew not making adjustments

I thought manning played well today. I also thought Tanner played very well. Mike McCall was fantastic. We played poorly as a whole and I NEVER blame officiating for a loss but if it is a foul in the first minute of the game it is a foul in the last minute of the game. As poorly as we played as a whole, if Jordair goes to the line there we win the game.

Just saw this play on the news. Many fouls do not change games this one certainly tilted they game towards the Bonnie's.

Embarrassing but perhaps it is what the A-10 wanted.

Interesting theory, man. VCU is clearly the flagship program. That A10 commercial makes that very clear. Really the only thing VCU didn't have was a championship in the conference. GO GEEDUB!!