Title Wednesday?

Taj79

Now can I get a laugher?????

I would say the title appears ours to lose today. Beat Dayton and the regular season is in the bag, from a co-share standpoint. And we can back into it as long as GeeDubya beats St. Joe's tonight in Foggy Bottom. I'm sure we will all prefer the winning way. Plus I'd rather not advance the cause of SVU. And I want the seniors to leave Chaifetz in style. Lose tonight and go win at Umass is a large task.

Outside of those two games, there is little else of consequence going on in the A10 tonight. Duquesne hosts Umass, and while it will be interesting to see if they can keep the momentum they created in beating us, results, as far as Umass is concerned, don't concern us. Duquesne can avoid the PIG (play in game -- acronym stolen from the A10 board but very appropriate) by winning one of it's last two. If it loses to Umass, it then goes to Mason and if it loses there, Duquesne will finish 12th to Mason's 11th -- with Fordham as always taking (it in) the rear. If Umass finishes out at 11 and 5 with two closing wins, they could be anywhere from second to fifth.

Rhode Island is hosting Fordham tonight and if Rhodey wins as expected, Fordham locks up the 13th spot and Rhode Island likely gets the #10 spot. It still appears the 8/9 battle will be between La Salle and the Bonnies for the right to face us (as the #1) in Brooklyn.

The jockeying for all the positions except 8, 9 and 13 will likely go on straigh tthrough Sunday. Another A10 race as clear as mud in the finalk week of the regular season.

I will be very interested in what happens at Robbins when VCU and Richmond meet on Thursday. No way Richmond can stay with them but stranger things have happened.

Taj, I want to point out that the conference title was ours to lose in both the Duquesne game and the VCU game, both of which we lost. I will be at the game tonight but I am worried. The team is great, but Evans was playing injured against VCU and made only 4 pts. We will see how he plays tonight.

@old guy --- thanks, but I already knew that. I had hoped for the Duquesne wrap up so that these final three games were relatively immaterial to us as far as the third part of this season -- Brooklyn. That didn't happen. All along, I have stated that winning in Richmond and Amherst was unlikely. And I didn't want to play a real meaningful game on Senior Night against the Dayton Flyers who are a team still believing that they need big wins to impress the selection committee. Yet here we are.

I sure hope the same Dayton team that showed up at St. Joe's last Wednesday is the one we face tonight. Considering how we absolutely embarrassed St. Joe's in the same building, it would seem that transferring that result and juxtaposing it against tonight would be the case to be expected. But Lady Luck and Mr. Momentum are so fleeting and fickle.

St. Joe's jumped all over Dayton out of the gate, going to 8 to 1 and forcing Archie to call a timeout less thna three minutes in. I just want something similar to that. Be able to watch the game in comfort. Not in cadiac arrest. Pull all five seniors individually from the five minute mark on. Each getting the rousing ovation they deserve. Saving Evans for last.

FUDGE THE LOSING STREAK DWAYNE IS GOING TO BECOME DWIGHT MODE AGAIN I CAN FEEL IT AND JETT WILL BUY THE NEW LEBRONS AND WILL HIGH FLY IN MASSACHUSETTS ALL OVER THE MIDGET CHAZ (BONO). WE WILL WIN AND COME TOGETHER #TEAMTOGETHER AND WILL WILL WIN THE A10 CHAMPIONSHIP. DID SOMEONE SAY REPEAT? I DID #NOSLEEPTILREPEAT. AND WE WILL WIN BIG IN THE BIG DANCE AND RICK MAJERUS WILL RETURN WITH ABE LINCOLN JUST LIKE IN THE END OF HAPPY GILMORE. DO NOT FEAR MY FRIENDS FOR WE WILL UNSTOPPABLE.

FUDGE THE LOSING STREAK DWAYNE IS GOING TO BECOME DWIGHT MODE AGAIN I CAN FEEL IT AND JETT WILL BUY THE NEW LEBRONS AND WILL HIGH FLY IN MASSACHUSETTS ALL OVER THE MIDGET CHAZ (BONO). WE WILL WIN AND COME TOGETHER #TEAMTOGETHER AND WILL WILL WIN THE A10 CHAMPIONSHIP. DID SOMEONE SAY REPEAT? I DID #NOSLEEPTILREPEAT. AND WE WILL WIN BIG IN THE BIG DANCE AND RICK MAJERUS WILL RETURN WITH ABE LINCOLN JUST LIKE IN THE END OF HAPPY GILMORE. DO NOT FEAR MY FRIENDS FOR WE WILL UNSTOPPABLE.

sorry everyone, had to get it out of my system

sorry everyone, had to get it out of my system

No apologies necessary. I really appreciate the Happy Gilmore reference.

Very constructive f05. So, let me see if I got this ... to want a laugher, a blowout, a cakewalk, is to be a moron, right? Okay, got it.

If that's the case,now I'd like a loss to Umass, an upset in the A10 first round in Brooklyn when we return against a vengeful Bonaventure or La Salle team, a plummeting seed in the Dance, and a one-and-done there. From a 19-game winning streak to a six-game losing streak. Bet you don't think that's possible,do you? Why, because you'll stand the whole game and yell. Bully for you.

Look, [man], ever play the game, any game? The toughest place to conquer is the space between your ears. Now we are enjoying a three-game mind-bender with a very good to great chance it goes to four. Such a mind state means Brooklyn and the Dance can easily be one-and-dones. A win would have done wonders for the psyche. A blowout is even better and relieves a lot of pressure. I'm living in the moment looking down the road. You're staring at the bottom of an empty beer cup.

Blowing out Duquesne would have masked these issues ---- yeah, yeah, three game losing streak against teams who has something to prove, it means nothing --- but now, we can't seem to win.

Edited by Absurd_Bills_fan
verbal attack

Taj, this is an issue of coulda, shoulda, woulda... It did not happen but we could and should have won against Duquesne and Dayton. A VCU win would have been more difficult, particularly with Evans playing injured, but it could have happened. We did lose all of these games and now we have a negative momentum and the psychological drag resulting from it. Every team has times like these, the really good teams get over it. We will see what the future brings to us. Personally I think we are a really good team and we will get over this bad streak.

Coming out of the game last night, I was very disappointed with the result when my friend said something that bears repeating. She said she had been a fan of the Bills for so long that regardless of what happened tonight and on the last few games she was delighted with the results this year. She said she could remember going to the games and cheering for the Bills in years when the Bills won 3 games and lost 20... This is an awesome year for us, and that is the truth regardless of Duquesne, VCU and Dayton. Every team loses games they should and could win, we are no exception.

Once again the Billikens have a great team and a GREAT bench. You guys are Final Four material. And don't believe what the UMass fans are saying about you!

This is off the UMass board regarding the A10 and the NCAA tournament:

icon_minipost.gifPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:05 am Post subject: icon_quote.gif

So if the A-10 gets 6 teams in the NCAA's...

Many of you know this. Each round, or unit, each team gets to allows the A-10 conference to receive $250,000 each year for 6 years. These are distributed evenly to every team in the conference. So that's about $1.5 million for each of the 6 teams over the life of the units.

6 units at $1.5 million = $9 million minimum for the conference over the next 6 years. For every round that a conference team advances, that's another unit for the conference.

With a decent to above average performance, the conference could make $20 million for the next 6 years off of this year's tourney alone. Good stuff!

WOW this is great news because now it looks like SBU WILL BE able to buy that milking machine AND a new hay bailer !!!

Bonnies on the War Path -- See you in Brooklyn !