GDT: Deposing the Dukes

JettFlight5

Every year. Every year. We have the confounding loss to a terrible team. We made it ALL THE WAY TO THE LAST POSSIBLE BAD LOSS and we grabbed it. The life of a SLU fan. Pissing away all the good will and national attention with a loss to a 227 RPI team.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Every year. Every ###### year. We have the confounding loss to a terrible team. We made it ALL THE WAY TO THE LAST POSSIBLE BAD LOSS and we grabbed it. The life of a SLU fan. Pissing away all the good will and national attention with a loss to a 227 RPI team.

Being a little over dramatic

And 3 of 20 million 3s helps how?

Layups don't help when you're down by 6 or 9 points with less than a minute left and your team looks out of gas on defense. SLU is not a pressing defense team.

You must make at least 33% of the 3's to win.

We got outplayed tonight, period.

4-23 on 3's. McBroom's shot is off. Even Loe was off tonight.

16 TO's, 22.9% turnover percentage.

One thing of which I made a mental note was SLU was taking too much time itself on offense the last 5 minutes or so of the game until the last minute, with DU ahead. SLU was running out the clock on itself.

I know Crews is trying to develop the bench. Plus, there is the road game Saturday at VCU that will require energy. But I thought the early substitutions kept Duquesne in the game in the first half.

We didn't piss everything away. We were going to lose at some point.

It is like you haven't been watching this team.

I would have been totally fine with a loss at UMass or VCU, both top 25 RPI teams on the road. Respectable, understandable. We've had a lot of close calls.

I know that because I have been watching this team.

If you don't think a loss to a 227-RPI team is bad, especially paired with the fact that we have no respectable wins outside our conference, then I don't know what to tell you. That really hurts the eye test. We could have handled 1, even 2 losses in remaining conference games. But not this one. It definitely bumps us down in the seeding. Unquestionable.

And go ahead and question my fanhood when you don't even go to the games despite being in St. Louis.