GDT: Deposing the Dukes

JettFlight5

I don't give a ###### about seed. Call me crazy but a 3, 4, 5, 6...it's about who we play. Look at gd Oregon last year. Buzz sawed us as a 13 seed. It's all a crapshoot. Just get me to the tourney.

The NCAA admitted later that Oregon was underseeded as a 12 seed for slotting purposes, which translated means to fill seats in San Jose. The NCAA embedded SLU into the de facto Pac-12 Invitational.

As someone else noted with different words, now that SLU has the dreaded bad loss on its resume, the BC$ controlled NCAA could easily ship SLU off somewhere again. I would not be surprised to see SLU in Spokane. That would be ok for us out here on the Left Coast, but obviously not for the majority of the fanbase.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

These guys know how to win. Sometimes the shots don't fall. Some of it was just bad damn luck! Up 7 with shot clock ticking to 1 and Mason hits a 40 footer. McBroom misses a wide open 3 and then the run out results in another 3. We could have gone up double digits and it went the other way. That's basketball. The boys will bounce back.

That 8 point run is where a timeout needs to be called. It needed to be called after that 2nd 3 that pushed the run to 6.

SLU was up 7 with DU facing shot clock expiration. That is where this game turned the wrong way.

That guy Mason is an uncanny shooter, with unlimited range. You have to have a guy in his face at all times, even 35 feet away from the basket. The guy is hitting well over 50% of his 3's for the season.

My judgment seems to be in line with most others on here.

That was a devastating loss for us, no matter how you slice it. If you want to pretend otherwise, if it makes you feel better, go ahead.

I can't help the fact the people don't have good judgement after a loss to a bad team.

A devastating loss would be in the first round of the tournament. This team was always going to be judge on what they do in the tournament and not on a Thursday night in February.

I can't help the fact the people don't have good judgement after a loss to a bad team.

A devastating loss would be in the first round of the tournament. This team was always going to be judge on what they do in the tournament and not on a Thursday night in February.

Yup

The NCAA admitted later that Oregon was underseeded as a 12 seed for slotting purposes, which translated means to fill seats in San Jose. The NCAA embedded SLU into the de facto Pac-12 Invitational.

As someone else noted with different words, now that SLU has the dreaded bad loss on its resume, the BC$ controlled NCAA could easily ship SLU off somewhere again. I would not be surprised to see SLU in Spokane. That would be ok for us out here on the Left Coast, but obviously not for the majority of the fanbase.

Exactly, my point stands. We are going to get shipped out no matter what. We just have to win wherever we end up. (And yes sorry Oregon was a 12 and were way underseeded). Possibly we could get underseeded and end up in a favorable location? I'd prefer that actually.

We haven't been playing our best basketball and were due for a loss. 19 game win streak and posters are taking about suicide. Hilarious. We will win the a-10 and do damage in the tournament. Settle the f down

No one is going to jump ship or off a bridge.

But there is frustration because SLU had reached all the way to the last possible chance to avoid the bad loss this regular season.

Irrespective, all is not lost. Hopefully this will make the team hungrier. There have been too many unnecessary close calls lately. At this point, after the loss, hopefully tonight is the wakeup call.

It was only a matter of time until teams started picking apart our shortcomings: rebounding, the zone, and 5+ minute mental droughts without calling a timeout to regain composure. Ultimately tonight it was the second chance points, particularly offensive boards resulting in deep threes and our continued impotence against a zone.

At least ESPN.com has kept true to form and not managed to write a NCAAM headline article about the #10 team in the country for the 3rd straight game... we can only hope the next one isn't headlined with pic of RL getting tea-bagged by someone from VCU on an ally-oop (like on that VCU hi-light real the A10 is trying to call a advertisement for the conference http://whowantsnext.com/).

I don't give a ###### about seed. Call me crazy but a 3, 4, 5, 6...it's about who we play. Look at gd Oregon last year. Buzz sawed us as a 13 seed. It's all a crapshoot. Just get me to the tourney.

Finally a man who knows... we are now headed for 5-6-7, that is fine. We might play a team who's best player just got hurt, might play a team that got their best player late in the year and won 7 of 8 and should be a higher seed.

Sure, better to be a low seed than a high seed, but when you are talking about us with the possibility of 3-4-5-6-7 going into tonight, it doesn't matter TOO much.

Exactly.

No sense peaking in early February. Sometimes you gotta remember how bad it burns to lose to work. Billikens' D takes work.

I'm too depressed to make the effort to look, but has anyone mentioned how Crews threw out some idiotic lineups in the first half? Had Glaze essentially playing the 5 at one poiny. Maybe actually try to win it in the first half and it won't come down to the wire in the second half all the time. All around stupidly poor game though so whatever.

Just some perspective here. You are ranked #10 in the country, you guys are fine.

VCU lost 4 straight to end a season, including a home game to JMU. Yes, JMU.

Then they went ahead and played their way to the Final Four - using a veteran team with a chip on its shoulder.

It's all about who you play (as someone mentioned above) and using that chip on your shoulder, as motivation to beat everyone in your path.

Good luck next Wednesday against Dayton!

I'm too depressed to make the effort to look, but has anyone mentioned how Crews threw out some idiotic lineups in the first half? Had Glaze essentially playing the 5 at one poiny. Maybe actually try to win it in the first half and it won't come down to the wire in the second half all the time. All around stupidly poor game though so whatever.

I said the same thing a page or two back. They would get a lead and then Crews would empty the bench.

He seemed mkre concerned about getting the starters rest than getting a big lead.

Just some perspective here. You are ranked #10 in the country, you guys are fine.

VCU lost 4 straight to end a season, including a home game to JMU. Yes, JMU.

Then they went ahead and played their way to the Final Four - using a veteran team with a chip on its shoulder.

It's all about who you play (as someone mentioned above) and using that chip on your shoulder, as motivation to beat everyone in your path.

Good luck next Wednesday against Dayton!

Side note, that VCU team set an NCAA tournament record for made three-pointers and ranked in the top-100 in adjusted offensive efficiency (25th) and defensive efficiency (84th). VERY different teams.