GDT: Deposing the Dukes

JettFlight5

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We didn't piss everything away. We were going to lose at some point.

It is like you haven't been watching this team.

Yea...@VCU or @UMass...lose at some point AT HOME to Duquesne is ridiculous and not one most had even considered

Classic letdown after clinching the league championship.

We are still just as good of a team as before the game started.

We were flat.

This happens a lot in college hoops. If you don't know that, you should not post on this board.

I thought they would squeak by Duq but then get pounded by VCU. Now we will be on alert for VCU but still, deep in their hearts, we are not going to go 100% on every play so VCU still looks like a tough game to win.

This hurts but is not as bad as some say.

Great run, but we've been winning with smoke and mirrors. Duquesne was a better team tonight. Not sure why they don't win more. Mason was amazing.

Ill give this win to VCU. This team overlooked the Dukes and got burned.

Ill also put a lot of the blame on Crews. It seemed like he was more worried about resting the starters than winning the game. The Bills would go up 6 or 8 and in came the B team. I might be way off but it seemed like the bench was getting way more early minutes than normal. It was the same thing in the beginning of the second half.

Evans also had a terrible game. Tons of TOs and lazy going back on D more tham a few times.

I wonder if they even had a game plan for tonight or spent then entire week preparing for VCU.

I would have been totally fine with a loss at UMass or VCU, both top 25 RPI teams on the road. Respectable, understandable. We've had a lot of close calls.

I know that because I have been watching this team.

If you don't think a loss to a 227-RPI team is bad, especially paired with the fact that we have no respectable wins outside our conference, then I don't know what to tell you. That really hurts the eye test. We could have handled 1, even 2 losses in conference. But not this one. It definitely bumps us down in the seeding. Unquestionable.

And go ahead and question my fanhood when you don't even go to the games despite being in St. Louis.

Had season tickets for over 30 years. Since I was six. Seen brutal Billiken teams. I couldn't afford them this year . It hurt , but sometime you have to make hard choices.

I, also, never questioned you as a fan. I was questioning your judgement after a tough loss. Now go yourself.

Beat VCU in Richmond Saturday.

I don't think that will happen. I believe we are in for a short slump. As long as our offense and defense continues to struggle this late in the season, we will have problems the rest of the way. We have to either start hitting more threes or stop taking so many. A good team should not lose at home to a team like the Dukes. However, Kentucky lost to Arkansas tonight. Arkansas is not a good team.

Classic letdown after clinching the league championship.

We are still just as good of a team as before the game started.

We were flat.

This happens a lot in college hoops. If you don't know that, you should not post on this board.

I thought they would squeak by Duq but then get pounded by VCU. Now we will be on alert for VCU but still, deep in their hearts, we are not going to go 100% on every play so VCU still looks like a tough game to win.

This hurts but is not as bad as some say.

Hate to tell you this, MB, but the championship hasn't been clinched yet. St. Joe's has 3 losses, and it's still possible for the Bills to finish with 4.

I don't give a ###### about seed. Call me crazy but a 3, 4, 5, 6...it's about who we play. Look at gd Oregon last year. Buzz sawed us as a 13 seed. It's all a crapshoot. Just get me to the tourney.

This is true. It's all about who we play. I don't care about the seed. I hope we go into the tournament on an upswing. But, right now, I don't see us beating VCU or UMass. I believed that even if we had won tonight.

Had season tickets for over 30 years. Since I was six. Seen brutal Billiken teams. I couldn't afford them this year ######. It hurt , but sometime you have to make hard choices.

I, also, never questioned you as a fan. I was questioning your judgement after a tough loss. Now go ###### yourself.

My judgment seems to be in line with most others on here.

That was a devastating loss for us, no matter how you slice it. If you want to pretend otherwise, if it makes you feel better, go ahead.

These guys know how to win. Sometimes the shots don't fall. Some of it was just bad damn luck! Up 7 with shot clock ticking to 1 and Mason hits a 40 footer. McBroom misses a wide open 3 and then the run out results in another 3. We could have gone up double digits and it went the other way. That's basketball. The boys will bounce back.