Bills by 5 over GW

The Wiz

Welcome to the 3rd longest active winning streak in Div1 BB

Ah,...nothing like an exciting win over somebody else to clear out the trolls.

First some musings over the Bills at this point....

Last night's win hurt our numbers a little but we remain an A team. I don't consider GM a bad team...C+. And for those that keep saying ...what about BC?....well BC is even a better team ( B- )than GM.....GM has the 2nd toughest schedule in the A-10...BC has the 4th toughest schedule in the nation....we have to look at more than just the record when evaluating the team....hence the grading system

In the last 5 games we have shot FTs as follows....the first 3 games....89%...the last 2 games ...59%. We need to start doing what we did before. We won't keep winning games at 59%.

Yesterday was the the most 3's made for the year....12

We are now 5-0 when trailing at the half...not good for those with a queasy stomach.

Over the last 5 years we were 6-6 in OT....2- 0 this year.

"........."....."...."...."......."......".....25-22 in close games ....this year ...7-0

Jett 11th straight double digit games

And finally...how about a SLU matchup with Mizzou in St. Louis for the Big Dance...it could happen.

Now onto the GW game....

GW ( A - ) is a pretty good shooting 3pt team...this will be a good test of our 3 pt D

Here is what we need to do to win...................

On GW 3pt shooting.........hold them to 25%....with a max of 10 shots and a max of 4 made...please don't write me and tell me that's 40%....we hold them to 25%...with the other 2 stats as max numbers.

Creek and McDonald are their shooters from the arc.....hold them to 28% or less

Hold Larsen to 10 pts or less.

We need to hit a minimum of 70% from the FT line.

We always win when ...........

14-0.....we hold opp to 26.7% or better from 3

11-0.....McCall sinks 4 FG....I had to wait 44 min and 18 sec for this yesterday...he made the first 3 quickly.

4-0 ....Barnett plays 31 min

16-1...Evans scores 13 pts or more

16-1...4 or fewer 3's are made by the opp.

Last 2 stats are legal because they are better than our overall winning %

A tip o' the Bills cap to Loe who made a career high in assists....5

Let's keep it going..................

Creek is the designated gunner and came off the bench against Richmond. The bench is slight but bolstered by trading Creek out for freshman guard Nick Griffin. McDonald is still hurt; he will have hip surgery in the off-season. Savage is out until Brooklyn. Garino can also shoot the three. Their other two bench guys --- Kopriva and the Serb Mikic --- are Euro-bigs and will shoot the three long before they venture into Armwood and Larsen's den in the lane.

This is another bad match up for us as both space eaters underneath are classical American bigs. For those clamoring for Reggie, we might need some of that come Saturday. If we can get one in foul trouble and off the floor, all the better for us. Armwood is really asserting himself on the low blocks. John Manning will be needed as well. And Grandy if he stays rooted down low.

Creek is the designated gunner and came off the bench against Richmond. The bench is slight but bolstered by trading Creek out for freshman guard Nick Griffin. McDonald is still hurt; he will have hip surgery in the off-season. Savage is out until Brooklyn. Garino can also shoot the three. Their other two bench guys --- Kopriva and the Serb Mikic --- are Euro-bigs and will shoot the three long before they venture into Armwood and Larsen's den in the lane.

This is another bad match up for us as both space eaters underneath are classical American bigs. For those clamoring for Reggie, we might need some of that come Saturday. If we can get one in foul trouble and off the floor, all the better for us. Armwood is really asserting himself on the low blocks. John Manning will be needed as well. And Grandy if he stays rooted down low.

Didn't McDonald play 38 min in the last game ?

Welcome to the 3rd longest active winning streak in Div1 BB

Ah,...nothing like an exciting win over somebody else to clear out the trolls.

First some musings over the Bills at this point....

Last night's win hurt our numbers a little but we remain an A team. I don't consider GM a bad team...C+. And for those that keep saying ...what about BC?....well BC is even a better team ( B- )than GM.....GM has the 2nd toughest schedule in the A-10...BC has the 4th toughest schedule in the nation....we have to look at more than just the record when evaluating the team....hence the grading system

In the last 5 games we have shot FTs as follows....the first 3 games....89%...the last 2 games ...59%. We need to start doing what we did before. We won't keep winning games at 59%.

Yesterday was the the most 3's made for the year....12

We are now 5-0 when trailing at the half...not good for those with a queasy stomach.

Over the last 5 years we were 6-6 in OT....2- 0 this year.

"........."....."...."...."......."......".....25-22 in close games ....this year ...7-0

Jett 11th straight double digit games

And finally...how about a SLU matchup with Mizzou in St. Louis for the Big Dance...it could happen.

Now onto the GW game....

GW ( A - ) is a pretty good shooting 3pt team...this will be a good test of our 3 pt D

Here is what we need to do to win...................

On GW 3pt shooting.........hold them to 25%....with a max of 10 shots and a max of 4 made...please don't write me and tell me that's 40%....we hold them to 25%...with the other 2 stats as max numbers.

Creek and McDonald are their shooters from the arc.....hold them to 28% or less

Hold Larsen to 10 pts or less.

We need to hit a minimum of 70% from the FT line.

We always win when ...........

14-0.....we hold opp to 26.7% or better from 3

11-0.....McCall sinks 4 FG....I had to wait 44 min and 18 sec for this yesterday...he made the first 3 quickly.

4-0 ....Barnett plays 31 min

16-1...Evans scores 13 pts or more

16-1...4 or fewer 3's are made by the opp.

Last 2 stats are legal because they are better than our overall winning %

A tip o' the Bills cap to Loe who made a career high in assists....5

Let's keep it going..................

Another nice win for the Bills.

Random wishes I had during the 2nd half....

I wished that we could hold onto the lead while Evans sat out...we did

I wished that the fouls would even out quickly so we wouldn't be at a disadvantage coming down the stretch.. They did

I wished that Creek would be gone in the final few minutes in case the game was close...He was

So things worked out nicely....as the Bills turn it on at the end with clutch play.

Things to ponder as we go over last night's results......Our last 6 games of FT% shooting.....92..88..87..59..60..60...What happened between games 3 & 4 ?

So let's look at the results from my original post...

.......................................................OP................Act

GW 3pt %.....................................25.................23.5..........check

GW 3pt made................................4...................4...............double ck

GW att..........................................10..................17.............miss

2 of 3 above categories.......................................................check

Creek & McDonald 3pt %..............28%...............25%.........check

Larsen............................................10pts.............14pts........miss

Bills FT %........................................70..................60...........miss

McCall FGM......................................4...................2.............miss

Barnett min played...........................31..................31..........double ck

Evans pts..........................................13...................4............miss

So overall about even....and when things come about even the spread is usually about right....The last 4 games the checklists have been close ...so the spreads and predictability are also coming out close....Over the last 4 games the spreads have been off ..2...1..4...3 1/2....average about 2.6 pts /gm

Other random thoughts....horrible 3pt shooting from the Bills....19%...we are not a great shooting team but we have to do better than that.....Fortunately, we shot 48% overall. I am not going to include this in the .."what we need to do to win" category yet. I will assume this was an off night.

We had a few chances to break it open but didn't....we need better killer instincts to go with our excellent closing skills.

I went to the game last night with someone who only goes to games once in a while....and he was impressed by the crowd atmosphere....He said it looked and felt like a big time program....and that's because it is.

Let's keep it going..............

I went to the game last night with someone who only goes to games once in a while....and he was impressed by the crowd atmosphere....He said it looked and felt like a big time program....and that's because it is.

Let's keep it going..............

I agree. Was at the game with my wife and some friends last night and the atmosphere really was great. In the concourse after the game, a big group of students exited the building yelling Billiken cheers. It's hard to believe sometimes, but we may have arrived.

I agree. Was at the game with my wife and some friends last night and the atmosphere really was great. In the concourse after the game, a big group of students exited the building yelling Billiken cheers. It's hard to believe sometimes, but we may have arrived.

I can't recall hearing/seeing student cheering out in the streets like that, postgame, ever before. It was festive and fun. Helped that it wasn't super cold. Hope we have another jacked-up full house vs. Duquesne Thursday night.

I like to go to Vito's after the game and it is usually kind of dead....last night it was hopping and people were discussing Bills hoops.

You know how when you get a new model car all the sudden you start seeing that kind of car everywhere and debate if it's suddenly exploded in popularity or did I just never notice them before. Well when it was chatted up earlier in the season that one was seeing evidence of fandom about the Lou I at first chalked it up to that but have kept eyes looking and it has to be true that more people are following them than ever before. I saw an older lady today down on south Grand with an old Bills sweat shirt. bandwagon sure but I'm tired of being in a cult. Better that one can scalp their tickets than not be able to give them away.