Do we still have a ship open in case someone wants to t

BLIKNS

I know the word is that they really like this guy and they think he's a complete player but I just don't think it makes sense. Unless he is clearly better than lets say dreja, we just don't need another guard. I know we'll play 3 guards most of the time the but position is awfully congested. If you can't get a 4 man I would have kept it.

What ever happened to Denard Abraham? Also anyone know how many players are on campus this summer and has anyone seen any scrimages or pick up games.On another note I was driving by Humphrie's the other day and I saw Chris Heinrich walking out the door To bad the big kid from Greece is'nt here so Heinrich could beat up on him all summer, that would help get him ready for the physical play next season!!!

i have been on campus a number of times this week as my daughter is at the jilliken camp. i havent seen one member of the men's team this week. my daughter says she hasnt seen any either.

my daughter has been at this camp for three years now. this is the first year that jill has been there working with the campers everyday all day. thanks jill!

Congestion is congestion.....a team either has congestion on the perimeter or in the post, I don't see a difference.

If Coach Soderberg believes SLU will be better with the Redlands point guard than get him. Obviously, there wasn't a post player or a post transfer out there more valuable than the Redlands point guard.

btw, who backs-up Polk next year if not the Redlands kid. I hope he comes to SLU. If he can help Xavier or Texas A&M, he can help SLU.

As I said before I hope he is really good. I'm a big min. per game guy. If you have a whole bunch of guys playing 15 min per game it hurts the flow vs.3 guys playing 25 min. per game. If he's good enough to beat somebody out then it'd good, if he's only going to share someones time then I think it's a mistake. As I said in my original post word is they really like him.

the soon to be very crowded backcourt makes one wonder if redshirting/players leaving might be in the future. i also agree about minutes. especially considering that coach soderberg has said and demonstrated on many occasions now that he believes in a short player rotation.

I get your point but I would not be so quick to assume that just b/c he's interested in Texas A&M that he would be a benefit to SLU. I don't think we would get to excited about a recruit just b/c he's interested in South Florida as well. At the very least, we've earned that right!

I hear you Mr. W, but if the kid is good enough to help or start for a Big12 team (Texas A&M) or an Elite Eight team like Xavier, then he can help SLU, who at this time has NO pure/experienced D1 point guard on its roster. Hopefully, Polk will come in and be a terrific D1 point-guard. Polk's current back-up, be it AD, DC, AA, RB, are not true point guards. Who knows, perhaps the Redlands kid pushes DP for the starting point-guard job!

I simply mentioned Texas A&M and Xavier to emphasize that we are not competing with SEMO and Eastern Illinois for this kid. He must have some talent and if he has point-guard talent SLU can use him.

Point taken. Yet, I'd like to believe that the Xavier comparison is closer to the stature of our program than Texas A&M. Just b/c a team is in the Big 12, or any other major conference, doesn't mean that team is a major team. I'm sure many mid-major teams would have won against Texas A&M, or, South Florida.

that Brad is someone who coaches the team he has. I remember him saying he spent nights when he was forst hired trying to figure out how to get the players he has to score, designing his offense to his team.

I wonder if he would like to run more, hence the guard happy recruiting, and if so I would have to think he would expand his rotation a bit. If I recall correctly when he coached at Stevens point weren't they a high scoring team??

i dont know of any great fast break team that doesnt always have at least one stud rebounder in the game at all times. the best fast break teams of course do have good guards, but they might have even better inside players.

in fact a team loaded with talented guards tend to become the teams that work the ball around and get that one great shot since that might be all they will get. there is a reason that both coach soderberg, coach romar and coach spoon all worked for the best shot. they didnt have much inside play to do much else.

coach watkins had a couple of recent highly acclaimed recruiting classes. it is my opinion that had he given the chance to finish this group, texas a&m would have turned the corner. they lost 9 games last year by 6 points or less and arguably their two best players, law and wright, were only freshmen and sophomores. the last three years, a&m's recruiting classes were in the top 50 in the nation. thus, with seasoning, they would have improved.

I agree that we need stud rebounders, I do think that TF, Ian, and Newbourne are a good start at the frontline. (Granted Newbourne is an unknown but I am willing to give BS the benefit of the doubt, based on TF and his statement that he wants to bring in jucos who have a chance to start)

With TF gone, we need someone else to be the man underneath. I have my doubt about JJ, and Husak, but Ian may be the man in two years. However I agree we need more bigs, at least one in KL's class.

Recruiting bigs may get easier for Brad, afterall can you imagine what recruits would be thinking coming in to play a game with KL, Polk, Meyer, TL, and these other two gaurds.....it would be a big man Dream...... Where in the past they were playing a game with Perry and......Diener, Robertson, etc.......

Brad was only an assistant at Stevens Point (for one year out of college) and I do not think they were very high scoring.

You are right though that when Brad was head coach at South Dakota State, the Jackrabbits scored over 70 most of the time (and got over 100 3 times).

he has verbally said he is coming back, but in august he is still a "free agent" again until november.

That is something else Brad said on the Cardinal game. He mentioned how excited he was about the incoming recruits. Along with the other players, he also said that Tommie will join the team after one year at prep school. That seems to imply that he is confident Tommie will be a Billiken, as has been observed on a number of posts.