Teams we hope lose tonight

almaman

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup.

I've given up hope of playing in St. Louis. It's just not happening.

I have a feeling that San Antonio or Orlando will be the best case scenario. St. Louis is near Kansas, Wichita St, and Creighton, Milwaukee is near Iowa St and the Big 10 teams, Buffalo is near Syracuse and Nova, Raleigh is near Duke, Virginia, and UNC. Just pray it's not Spokane or San Diego.

I have a feeling that San Antonio or Orlando will be the best case scenario. St. Louis is near Kansas, Wichita St, and Creighton, Milwaukee is near Iowa St and the Big 10 teams, Buffalo is near Syracuse and Nova, Raleigh is near Duke, Virginia, and UNC. Just pray it's not Spokane or San Diego.

I've got Spokane, San Diego and San Antonio as the three most likely. Raleigh and Orlando are next. The least likely are Buffalo, Milwaukee and St. Louis.

Of course, this all changes if we win out or come close to it, but as a 4 or 3 seed, this is our current reality.

I've got Spokane, San Diego and San Antonio as the three most likely. Raleigh and Orlando are next. The least likely are Buffalo, Milwaukee and St. Louis.

Of course, this all changes if we win out or come close to it, but as a 4 or 3 seed, this is our current reality.

Not that it matters but Joe Lunardi said on the Coach's Show last night that he was "fairly confident" SLU would be a 4/5 in Spokane or San Diego.

Does anyone think we are a top 8 time? I would be willing to hear an argument that we are. But at a certain point I don't have too much of a problem with us not rising in the polls because I'm not so sure I would rank SLU in the 5-7 range if I were a voter.

Why not ..... if we continue to win do we not deserve to move up. Duke is bound to lose another one later this week vs the Cuse or it could be the Cuse losing to Duke. Either way there will be a shake up in top 10 as long as SLU wins again on Saturday. To the winner gets the spoils!

Duke goes down to UNC, whose fans rush the floor.

I thought our rushing of the court against Butler was a bad idea, but that one by UNC was pathetic. Even Vitale was perplexed. They were showing their conference rival WAY too much respect.

Now we need Syracuse to knock off Duke, we take care of business against GW and it SHOULD be enough for us to leapfrog Duke.

I thought our rushing of the court against Butler was a bad idea, but that one by UNC was pathetic. Even Vitale was perplexed. They were showing their conference rival WAY too much respect.

-i couldn't believe that either last night, bad form if you ask me especially for those two programs (unc and duke)

Of course we want to win the A10 tournament. We want the best seed possible. They are not going to send us west again. Never want to lose. No such thing as a good loss.

I agree with what you are saying and I am not saying we try to lose, but in the grand scheme of things, 5 games in 8 days is just hard. Especially if, as we saw against VCU, we shorten our bench and rely on 5 guys playing 35+ minutes.

As Lunardi said the other day, teams are disproportionately measured by their NCAA success. While I certainly wouldn't say, "boys let's go tank this one" I think there would certainly be a silver lining to losing on Saturday in Brooklyn. I am not one who believes in the "we need to lose because it isn't good to head into the tournament with a long winning streak" but am simply saying that 5 games in 8 days is exhausting.