Old Bills fan following from a distance

former_d1

I don't get to many games anymore and troll the board more than post due to not going to live games but just hope everyone is taking this success in.

It is pretty magical thing watching the success of the program and how it has moved from mid major top 25 program.

Feels good to be able to ride along even from a distance :)

Yes, I mentioned this in another thread:

RPI this morning:

13 UCLA

14 SLU

15 Kentucky

Let's take a moment and reflect on that. For those of us who watched Coach Wooden and his UCLA Bruins, just think about how far our Billikens have come.

...and watched Ron Ekker.

I don't get to many games anymore and troll the board more than post due to not going to live games but just hope everyone is taking this success in.

It is pretty magical thing watching the success of the program and how it has moved from mid major top 25 program.

Don't be a stranger. Enjoy the success with us!

Remember Nark started it, I just took over the reins.

I did not know that.

I just remember you as a kid at the games with the signs for the board (teen).

This was the 1st message board i used and now run a message bosrd like it for the ualr trojans here in little rock.

We have about 30 members nd 10 posters all at least 56 years old.

There is no smack talk with that age group.

http://csnbbs.com/forum-291.html

I only get to one or two games a year but don't let that stop me from posting. I started school at SLU when Harry Rogers was a senior. Been watching the Bills since then.

Was a season ticket holder for several years until my job transferred me to WV. Now with more TV games and almost every game available on the internet, I feel I have as much to contribute as those who can be at every home game.

So keep posting.

My standard joke about those years was someone would sneeze on one side of the court, and someone on the other side would say, God bless you!

mhg

Yep. My dad, who was at SLU in the last half of the 80s, said it was so empty that when a buddy would walk in to the side opposite the student section, you could yell "hey man come on over!" You could even carry on a short conversation because it was so quiet. It's totally a "you kids don't know how good you have it" story but it shows how much tho program has changed in 25 years.