What happened to the "Corral"?

eastsidejoe

Maybe a letter to be printed on the Editorial page of the University News chastising the students' lack of enthusiasm and support of the team is in order. We can get a bunch of people to sign or see if the U News would allow us to just sign it "SLU Alumni."

The purpose would be to shame them into supporting this great group of kids down the stretch in the conference schedule.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe a letter to be printed on the Editorial page of the University News chastising the students' lack of enthusiasm and support of the team is in order. We can get a bunch of people to sign or see if the U News would allow us to just sign it "SLU Alumni."

The purpose would be to shame them into supporting this great group of kids down the stretch in the conference schedule.

They should just let Alumni fill the student section for a game to show them how it's done. I suspect we'd have 5-10 folks on this board kicked out prior to tipoff.

The leaders are terrible that's no secret. The problem is that the athletic department either doesn't recognize it or won't do anything about it. Also, can we get rid of the balloons? They were fun for one game of the year. Now they're just on the floor after 3 minutes or they're just being played with and distracting students.

At the Wichita St. game, I told some of the "leaders" that Jayson Tatum was at the game and we should do a chant or something, and I was met with only a blank stare. He proceeded to look up Jayson Tatum on his phone. If you're on this board, sorry to call you out, but I can't see how you could post here and not know Jayson Tatum.

At the Wichita St. game, I told some of the "leaders" that Jayson Tatum was at the game and we should do a chant or something, and I was met with only a blank stare. He proceeded to look up Jayson Tatum on his phone. If you're on this board, sorry to call you out, but I can't see how you could post here and not know Jayson Tatum.

Don't be sorry...The guy is clueless..

Don't be sorry. Unfortunately the leaders of the student section are either completely unaware of this board or not big enough fans to post.

Don't be sorry. Unfortunately the leaders of the student section are either completely unaware of this board or not big enough fans to post.

only so many 05's around. I do know that some in the Corral read the board because they were talking about it last year when I saw them. 05, can't you go back and get another degree to add to your infamous undergrad years? ^_^

Playing with the balloons is probably preferable to playing on their iphones or whatever else the student section would distract themselves with if the balloons were taken away.

I disagree. Once the balloons come out, cheers, clapping, etc all stop. I know it's not great anyway in the first half, but the balloons completely silence the section.

Two things:

1. That's terrible, but not surprising. What percentage of our students do you think know who Jayson Tatum is?

2. Are you a current student? If so, I'd like to meet you and try to work with you to see what we can possibly do to make our student section better, because I'm embarrassed at how awful it has been so far.

Two things:

1. That's terrible, but not surprising. What percentage of our students do you think know who Jayson Tatum is?

2. Are you a current student? If so, I'd like to meet you and try to work with you to see what we can possibly do to make our student section better, because I'm embarrassed at how awful it has been so far.

The leaders of SLUnatics should be a bit more informed. I mean, you stories about other schools bringing up opponents trash. The only time I can think of that was against Dayton one year. I think one of them had been arrested or something.

The leaders of SLUnatics should be a bit more informed. I mean, you stories about other schools bringing up opponents trash. The only time I can think of that was against Dayton one year. I think one of them had been arrested or something.

Our leaders would never do anything that could be considered mean or bad. They're doing this for their resume so they're on their best behavior.

Our leaders would never do anything that could be considered mean or bad. They're doing this for their resume so they're on their best behavior.

That might be the problem.

Exactly. And the leaders aren't the only ones. I specifically remember the Dayton game that youre talking about. And I specifically remember the people standing behind me telling us that we were being mean...

The band researches all the trash on opponents

The band is great and I can admit that they are waaaaaaaaaaaay better than the student section. You guys are the only reason that our side of the arena sounds even decently loud. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that you go to every game and are therefore actually knowledgeable about our team and the game of basketball in general.

Hopefully we (the students) can do a better job of communicating with you guys so that when you start a cheer, we join in, and vice versa.

The band is great and I can admit that they are waaaaaaaaaaaay better than the student section. You guys are the only reason that our side of the arena sounds even decently loud. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that you go to every game and are therefore actually knowledgeable about our team and the game of basketball in general.

Hopefully we (the students) can do a better job of communicating with you guys so that when you start a cheer, we join in, and vice versa.

Ya there needs to be more dialogue between us. There are things the band does (Dwanye's World, From the Window to the Wall, etc) that a good majority of the students probably don't even know we do.

As a side note. Would "Gimmick" signs be a good idea for the VCU game? No idea how to go about that.

As a side note. Would "Gimmick" signs be a good idea for the VCU game? No idea how to go about that.

My thought was t-shirts with "gimmick" printed on the back ala the vcu warmups

cbssports_2013a10preview.jpg

Two things:

I'm currently a sophomore but I'm studying abroad in Madrid this semester ( :angry: I miss the Bills).

I'm in class right now (at least physically, not so much mentally), but I'll pm you my email later.

That is so pathetic. Just beyond disappointing. When a lot of us were at SLU, taking the stupid bus down to Kiel, begging for a win, cheering like crazy, we would have killed for a team like we have today. Now, I may kill a few students if I catch them bogarting a free meal and then leaving to go play Xbox in their dorm rooms. Losers!!!!

Please do not put down the time-honored tradition of bogarting free meals and playing video games in the dorm rooms. Though before a game, yes, unacceptable.

Also, if you think > .01% of SLU students know who Jayson Tatum is you're giving them way too much credit.

I like this idea a lot.

Does anyone know how hard it is to get into the student section these days? Like even though I graduated could I use my student ID that is a few years old?

I've been begged by ushers to move down to the student section