OT: Big East games

gister

DePaul won at Butler in overtime tonight. I wonder where the Wiz has these teams.

Xavier also beat Marquette.

Not Big East:

Portland is leading Gonzaga big on ESPNU.

I had X ( A ) by 5 over Marq ( A- ) ...so no surprise there

But 2 upsets...

I had But ( B+ ) by 10.over DeP ( C+ )....This game was double OT

I had Zags ( A+ ) by 10 over Portland ( B- )...Portland home of the St. Louis Pelicans

As for top 25....I had said in an earlier thread weeks ago that the Dayton game was where we could break through....A strong possibility on AP ....also a possibility on my rankings...it would have been a yes on my rankings a few days ago but the RI game weakened our numbers.....But the Bills need a win ....so they will definitely have to earn their way on to the list....there will be no backing in. Even if we just fall short, we will be close, so that a win over a lesser team like St. B might be enough to put us over....

Just win

I was at the Xavier-Marquette game last night. With Marquette, the answer is fairly simple: guards. Their guards are young, inconsistent, can be shut down fairly easily, and aren't great defenders. They've had trouble moving the ball around all season, getting it inside to Gardner and Otule. It's interesting to watch. It also forces Gardner to play a very spread-out game (which he likes to do anyway, but spends way too much time 15+ feet away from the basket), and they haven't been able to get some of the young, talented wings involved.

It's kind of a mess. They're not usually getting blown out, but they're not nearly as good as they have been, and should be.

I have noticed that too. Most recently he plays either no minutes or maybe 1. Wonder what is going on there. Maybe he is just not ready for that level yet. Obviously he needs strength. Poor kid may have made a very poor choice as things turned out, but maybe it will get better for him. I wish him the best.

I have noticed that too. Most recently he plays either no minutes or maybe 1. Wonder what is going on there. Maybe he is just not ready for that level yet. Obviously he needs strength. Poor kid may have made a very poor choice as things turned out, but maybe it will get better for him. I wish him the best.

I mentioned Nolan's lack of playing time to a co-worker that attends a lot of DeSmet games. He said he wasn't surprised because in his opinion Nolan just wasn't that good. Nolan was very highly rated his sophomore more year and seemed to drop in the rankings every year after that. I've never seen him play myself but I wonder if my coworker is right and he's just not that great. Butler has a lot of holes on their team and you'd think he's be able to get a few minutes on that squad.

No matter what, I wish him the best.

And hopefully Creighton will go down in flames next year.

Those in glass houses... next year will likely be a quite the wake up call for us too.

I've found myself rooting against the Big East all season. Partly out of spite and partly because I believe the next wave of expansion will only occur if they fall back to earth a bit. Now that conference play has started I'm rooting for as few teams as possible to get in the dance. As of right now, they'd get 4 with Villanova and Creighton being locks, Xavier being in good shape and Georgetown probably being in. Nobody else is particularly close. From here on out I guess I'm calling for Villanova and Creighton to run away with it and the rest of the teams to flounder around .500.

Yeah, it's breaking my heart. Anyone wondering why Stevens left for the bright lights of Boston? He could see the tsunami coming.

I actually don't mind Butler...they are probably my 'favorite' team in the new Big East. To be fair, Butler has played 5 Overtime games already (including 3 in Big East play), going 1-4 in those games. They also lost to Oklahoma State by 2 (after having a chance to win at the FT line). If Rosie Jones were playing this season, these games might've been a different story.

Those in glass houses... next year will likely be a quite the wake up call for us too.

I've found myself rooting against the Big East all season. Partly out of spite and partly because I believe the next wave of expansion will only occur if they fall back to earth a bit. Now that conference play has started I'm rooting for as few teams as possible to get in the dance. As of right now, they'd get 4 with Villanova and Creighton being locks, Xavier being in good shape and Georgetown probably being in. Nobody else is particularly close. From here on out I guess I'm calling for Villanova and Creighton to run away with it and the rest of the teams to flounder around .500.

I would add Marquette to the list of Dancers too

I would add Marquette to the list of Dancers too

Not a fan of RPI, but their current RPI is below 80 in all the RPI simulations I can find. Pomeroy has them ranked 55. Sagarin predicts them to win 17 games total. Those numbers are not going to get you into the tournament.