Vandy's leading scorer suspended

Taj79

Wow. Vandy's a fairly easy out now. Defenses can focus on Odom, and judging by our game, he doesn't respond well to additional pressure on the perimeter.

The lack of a signature win is going to hurt our seeding for the NCAA Tournament. It's all got to come in conference now. I'm just grateful we don't have any bad losses. Looking ahead, Saturday at Dayton is HUGE- the next month is heavy on the bottom half: Bonaventure, Fordham, @Duquesne, Richmond, George Mason, @St. Joe's.

Then it gets better with LaSalle on the road, VCU at home.

We've got a razor-thin margin of error in conference this season.

I thought some people were making a bigger deal out of beating Vandy than they should've, but this development is going to make that win look even less impressive.

People got all excited about beating Vandy because it was a school in the SEC that they had heard of, and some people remember Vandy was good 2-3 years ago. Throw in the fact that we beat them in their gym with that screwy setup, and I heard people talking about it being a really good win. My general thoughts were that a win is a win, but if we end up being a bubble team and Vandy is our best win, it means either that Vandy is a better team than expected or we're in big trouble.

At the moment, Indiana State is our best win. I don't think they'll top Wichita State, but maybe they can be a strong second place. Other than that, we need to pick up some wins over the better teams in the conference. As long as those aren't offset with bad losses, we should be fine.

I thought some people were making a bigger deal out of beating Vandy than they should've, but this development is going to make that win look even less impressive.

People got all excited about beating Vandy because it was a school in the SEC that they had heard of, and some people remember Vandy was good 2-3 years ago. Throw in the fact that we beat them in their gym with that screwy setup, and I heard people talking about it being a really good win. My general thoughts were that a win is a win, but if we end up being a bubble team and Vandy is our best win, it means either that Vandy is a better team than expected or we're in big trouble.

At the moment, Indiana State is our best win. I don't think they'll top Wichita State, but maybe they can be a strong second place. Other than that, we need to pick up some wins over the better teams in the conference. As long as those aren't offset with bad losses, we should be fine.

Look the reason I thought it was a good deal was because it was a road win. The selection committee does pay attention to the # of road wins as well as changes to the teams situation - they will know that their leading scorer was still playing when we play them. I do agree that it will impact our RPI negatively.

Wow. Vandy's a fairly easy out now. Defenses can focus on Odom, and judging by our game, he doesn't respond well to additional pressure on the perimeter.

The lack of a signature win is going to hurt our seeding for the NCAA Tournament. It's all got to come in conference now. I'm just grateful we don't have any bad losses. Looking ahead, Saturday at Dayton is HUGE- the next month is heavy on the bottom half: Bonaventure, Fordham, @Duquesne, Richmond, George Mason, @St. Joe's.

Then it gets better with LaSalle on the road, VCU at home.

We've got a razor-thin margin of error in conference this season.

I agree that the lack of signature wins will hurt seeding and thus we'll have a razor thin margin of error if we want a top seed.

I disagree that we have a razor thing margin of error for simply making the tourney. Per RPI forecast, 8 regular season losses would leave us with an RPI of around 35. Let's call that the highest amount of losses we could have and still feel reasonably comfortable on selection sunday. That's a lot of losses from here on out.

http://www.rpiforecast.com/teams/Saint%20Louis.html

We look to be in pretty good shape for a bid, but its going to be hard to get an elite seed.

The way I look at it, I just want in, the hell with the seed .The only seed I really object to is an 8/9 because you know #1 is waiting. Most have the A10 as a four-bid legaue. Joey Bracketology is out today at : http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology and he has FIVE A10 teams in (VCU, Umass, Us, Dayton, GeeDub) with us as a 9. Frankly, give me the ten in that case. Sumbitch we'd play #8 North carolina and moveon to face Wisconsin. Of ocurse, in his picks, Dayton islast four in an dGeeDub is bubble.

It'll change. A first-thru-third place league finish and a showing in the A10 semis, we'll be in.

I know a lot of people don't like the Top 50/Top 100 Wins metric, but it is one of the statistics that the Committee looks at.

Hopefully we have 6 games against RPI Top 50 opponents in conference (VCU X2, Dayton X2, George Washington, and UMass). Unfortunately, save for a team going gangbusters in A-10 play, that number can only get smaller. 3 of those 6 are at home...we need to lock that up!

The Vanderbilt win could've been a decent win. I think that had that team been healthy and eligible it would have finished in the upper half of the SEC.

That said, with only 7 scholarship players it could be tough/impossible.