Attendance

Duff Man

I'm not sure what the range of student attendance is over the course of the year, but clearly the massive games (Xavier 2010/2012, Butler 2013, VCU 2013) have students overflowing into the aisles, standing room, etc...when you see rows of empty bleachers behind the band as we did yesterday, that's several hundred people.

So between the few hundred unsold public tickets*, several hundred empties in the student section**, and x-number of no-shows*** you have the difference between a mostly but not completely full 9148 as opposed to 10k+.

*Unless you go through and count the seats available, the map can be deceptive. A row or two of unsold tickets adds up. There are ~30 sections that have seats for sale on to the public. All those little pockets add up. What may appear to be a few dozen actually adds up to a few hundred.

**Plenty of students did show up. Some students are going to pass on Saturday afternoon games vs non-marquee opponents. That's college life for you.

***conflicts happen, but marquee games are easier for people to unload extras, hence fewer no shows

The VCU game shows only a few singles remaining. They are a marquee opponent so the students should have that extra incentive to make the effort even for an "early" start. People who can't go should have no troubling finding takers for the extra. Thus we'll have ~1000k more for VCU than we had for George Mason.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There should not be a seat available for the next home game. We will need everyone in the house after the Philly run vs VCU. VCU needs that game and we cannot let it happen on our court. Would be nice to go unbeaten in conference play on our court. Road loss not so much as we are due one but I pray for the "Rise of the Billikens" to continue.

When I checked yesterday morning there were probably a few hundred available on SLUBillikens.com for the GMU game yesterday.

As of today there are 19 single seats available for VCU on 2/15 and 72 mostly single seats for George Washington on 2/22 (only non-singles are in the wheelchair row). Those games will be over 10,000, but might not be 10,600 depending on no-shows, suite/party deck, visitor allotment, etc. The Butler game that had attendance of 10,612 was an anomaly given those factors. Anything over 10,000 should be considered a sell out.

Plenty of seats left for Duquesne and Dayton, but those are both weeknight games and still a few weeks away.

-i looked on Friday, in the morning, and there weren't a few hundred available, or at least i didn't think there were

maybe a portion of those were no-shows by season ticket holders?

-i don;t think there are season tickets sold in the mid to top rows of upper level sections where on Friday there were very few seats available

-on a related note, from the Chaifetz Arena website home page, first page taken to when from slubillikens.com a click on Chaifetz Arena, notice no basketball games listed, I guess the expectation is that people that want to buy tickets to a SLU game at Chaifetz Arena won't go to the arena website -- won;t let me post the printscreen of the site, all that is listed are concerts and events, no SLU games :(

-i looked on Friday, in the morning, and there weren't a few hundred available, or at least i didn't think there were

I've noticed that the number available sometimes fluctuates wildly on the Ticketmaster website. I'll check one day and there aren't any available in a certain section and then the next day about half of the section is available. I'm not sure why (visitor allotment being released?, other groups returning blocks of tickets?), but it seems to happen for most of the games. If anyone is still looking for VCU tickets, I would continue checking the TicketMaster site each day and/or call the ticket office to see if they think any will be released.

• 2 weeks later...

Attendance is up during the non-conference portion of the home schedule.

Non-conference average home attendance (includes games against non-D1 but not preseason exhibitions)

2011-12: 6730 (8 games)

2012-13: 6191 (11 games)

2013-14: 7302 (9 games)

For reference, here's the overall avg attendance and A10 only numbers.

Overall

2011-12: 7757

2012-13: 7673

A10

2011-12: 8784

2012-13: 9710

Attendance now up to average of 9,259 this is 87% capacity. Likely sell outs for the rest of the season.

what was the previous record attendence game before this last VCU game?

I found a mention of 10600 even on Feb.21 2009 for a Dayton game. I would guess that was the previous record. I know we've had some games that were called sell-outs that were in the 10400 range in the last few years.

Edit: Looking back on this thread I see post #49 (RUBillsFan) mentions 10612 against Butler. I guess that's the previous high?

I found a mention of 10600 even on Feb.21 2009 for a Dayton game. I would guess that was the previous record. I know we've had some games that were called sell-outs that were in the 10400 range in the last few years.

Edit: Looking back on this thread I see post #49 (RUBillsFan) mentions 10612 against Butler. I guess that's the previous high?

UD was ranked #25 in 2009...The Mardi-Gras Dayton game in 2010 (which 'only' had about 9500 fans) will be the standard by which I judge all games at Chaifetz Arena...GREAT atmosphere

According to SLUBillikens.com as of today, there are no remaining tickets for GW and only single seats remain for Duq and UD.

Well. I'm going to give up trying to track things via the TicketMaster site. Now there are a few hundred available for GW (mostly in the corners).

http://www.ticketmaster.com/saint-louis-billikens-mens-basketball-v-st-louis-missouri-02-22-2014/event/06004B4996C56AC9?artistid=1269917&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=7&tm_link=artist_msg-1_06004B4996C56AC9

Plenty available for Duq and Dayton as well. Not as optimistic about sell outs for all 3 now.

Well. I'm going to give up trying to track things via the TicketMaster site. Now there are a few hundred available for GW (mostly in the corners).

http://www.ticketmaster.com/saint-louis-billikens-mens-basketball-v-st-louis-missouri-02-22-2014/event/06004B4996C56AC9?artistid=1269917&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=7&tm_link=artist_msg-1_06004B4996C56AC9

Plenty available for Duq and Dayton as well. Not as optimistic about sell outs for all 3 now.

Yeah, I have been monitoring as well and yesterday the site said no tickets were available for the George Washington game. I know they release some tickets as the game draws near but it seems like all three of those games had an awful lot of tickets released. It is a bit discouraging but I'm still hoping for some sell outs. We have time.

Here is every 10,000+ SLU home game from the Chaifetz era

10,603 vs Dayton 2/21/09

10,008 vs Xavier 2/24/10

10,414 vs Dayton 2/4/12

10,441 vs Xavier 2/28/12

10,612 vs Butler 1/31/13

10,052 vs Charlotte 2/16/13

10,027 vs VCU 2/19/13

10,012 vs St Joes 2/27/13

10,272 vs La Salle 3/9/13

10,639 vs VCU 2/15/14

2014 season average: 8001

2014 average vs A10 opponents: 9259

We would have to average 10,500 the rest of the season to break last years conference attendence mark of 9710

10,612 vs Butler 1/31/13

10,052 vs Charlotte 2/16/13

10,027 vs VCU 2/19/13

10,012 vs St Joes 2/27/13

10,272 vs La Salle 3/9/13

2014 season average: 8001

2014 average vs A10 opponents: 9259

Yeah, I have been monitoring as well and yesterday the site said no tickets were available for the George Washington game. I know they release some tickets as the game draws near but it seems like all three of those games had an awful lot of tickets released. It is a bit discouraging but I'm still hoping for some sell outs. We have time.

There's 200 or so on TM at the moment. It's a Saturday night game and we're ranked in the top 10. No doubt it will exceed 10k.

We would have to average 10,500 the rest of the season to break last years conference attendence mark of 9710

GW is an announced sellout and Dayton I would imagine will also be a sellout. So I imagine this has a good chance of happening.

-I just looked at ticketmaster, indicates no seats for GW but my estimation is 300-400 for Duq and a few more available for SVU

I can't figure out why the Ticket Master site has such huge jumps in tickets available. Seems like one day there will be only sporadic seats available then the next there will be a few hundred. There's no way its the visiting teams returning that many tickets so maybe it has to do with the groupon offerings. Either way, it looks like they've got some tickets to sell for Duq. I supposed they could always give some to students as overflow.

I can't figure out why the Ticket Master site has such huge jumps in tickets available. Seems like one day there will be only sporadic seats available then the next there will be a few hundred. There's no way its the visiting teams returning that many tickets so maybe it has to do with the groupon offerings. Either way, it looks like they've got some tickets to sell for Duq. I supposed they could always give some to students as overflow.

I would assume there other special allotments (i.e. blocks of seats that are available to various organizations within the University for promotional use) in addition to visiting team allotments that get dumped back into the general ticket pool as the gameday approaches.

See my post under media for GW game. I have two tickets in section 108 a row apart. Wife and I are ill.

-could luck on the recovery, watching a Bills win should help

-perhaps to aid a brother in distress Jimbo or Box or Moy or someone can post an uplifting photo or two to lift this poor fella's spirits