Attendance

Duff Man

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The arena looked "filled" and active.

Thought the students were really involved...they were loud and proud.

Not to mention the head cheerleader...Dr Fetz....who was there more than just in name only...leaping on to the floor and yelling encouragement....good to see..

Given the size of the crowd and the result I felt as though the overall vibe and energy level was lacking. Perhaps it was the fact that the game was pretty much over before it started but it felt awful quiet last night compared to other blowouts over Butler, Xavier and UNM in recent years. Anyone else agree?

All they need to do is average more than 8750 over the remaining 5 games. Given that VCU is going to be >10k, it's a fairly safe bet the season average will be above 8000.

Last year from the end of January till Senior Night we had very good attendances well over 10,000. this included games like Charlotte and St. Joe, surprisingly the Dayton game (which I attended) did not hit the mark.

Last year from the end of January till Senior Night we had very good attendances well over 10,000. this included games like Charlotte and St. Joe, surprisingly the Dayton game (which I attended) did not hit the mark.

+1

Our last 5 homes games last year averaged 9,982, and only 1 (Dayton) was under 10,000.

LaSalle 10272

St Joes 10012

VCU 10027

Charlotte 10052

Dayton 9548

We are gonna beat last year's attendance average handily.

Given the size of the crowd and the result I felt as though the overall vibe and energy level was lacking. Perhaps it was the fact that the game was pretty much over before it started but it felt awful quiet last night compared to other blowouts over Butler, Xavier and UNM in recent years. Anyone else agree?

Unless your really into this (like checking the daily RPI), probably most fans don't realize how good Richmond is. Watching it on TV, Highmark mentioned numerous times that Richmond was sweet 16 a few years ago and how good and well respected Mooney is so you would not flip the channel.

Second half. I was very aware of how quiet it was starting about the 15 minute mark. But first half it felt like the place was rockin'.

9148 for George Mason.

More families show up on weekend afternoons. More students show up at night.

Tough to sell out under either scenario without a name opponent or the allure of senior night.

Season avg: 7798

A10 avg: 8914

When you say A10 avg are saying that is SLU A10 avg or the league? I would find that total to be hard to believe for the league.

How pathetic that the students couldn't fill their prepaid section. Really amazing!!

C'mon, there are only about 9,000 kids on campus.... (again, sarcasm font in use here).

Don't they have to hold some tickets back for the multiple daily deals they do? Wouldn't that account for only a few tickets showing as available and attendance under 10000.

The Living Social deal was also sold out. I think it might be an issue with them holding back tickets in the sections behind the student section for student overflow and also visiting teams get an allotment of tickets that often go unused.

Additionally, it would not surprise me if some people spent the $6 for LivingSocial tickets and then decided they didn't want to go because of the crappy weather.

-looking at the available seats on slubilllikens.com, or lack thereof, and seeing all the empty seats yesterday i am confused

When I checked yesterday morning there were probably a few hundred available on SLUBillikens.com for the GMU game yesterday.

As of today there are 19 single seats available for VCU on 2/15 and 72 mostly single seats for George Washington on 2/22 (only non-singles are in the wheelchair row). Those games will be over 10,000, but might not be 10,600 depending on no-shows, suite/party deck, visitor allotment, etc. The Butler game that had attendance of 10,612 was an anomaly given those factors. Anything over 10,000 should be considered a sell out.

Plenty of seats left for Duquesne and Dayton, but those are both weeknight games and still a few weeks away.