Biedscheid Transferring from ND

Littlebill

• Replies 996
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You say you are also a Missouri fan. That is unacceptable.

I am a SLU fan, only. I HATE Missouri basketball.

I merely defend Duke against the petty fact barren jealous cheap shot hater types, I think the last 20-25 years or so Duke has had the best all around program in NCAA basketball, if you look at the combination of winning %, NCAA Tourney success, players that made it to the NBA, players and asst coaches that made it as coaches for other programs, arguably one of the best & classiest coaches of all time, a true academic environment with no super-dumb-jock programs (sure, some finessing goes on) and a clean scandal free program. Sure, I had a son go there, he does not care about the team at all, but knew a lot of the players, I really do not root for them at all. I just have observed a distinct hatred for Duke. Hatred. At sports bars, whole tables will be rooting against Duke, when questioned, none of them went to NC or somewhere relevant, they just HATE DUKE. When asked, some grown men and women say they "don't know why, they just hate Duke".

Name a better all around program, the last 20-25 years, all things considered. I am all ears.

Your own "logic" smacks down your own argument. People have their own emotional reasons for hating Duke. You have your own reasons for hating Missouri (but only basketball, not football!). I have my reasons for my own rooting interests. If people can't choose to hate Duke for whatever "reasons" they want, then it is UNACCEPTABLE for you to hate Missouri while leaving the door open to root for Missouri football. But since the Duke haters can make the same subjective choices that you can, then I have the right to choose as many teams I want to root for for whatever reasons I choose.

Your own "logic" smacks down your own argument. People have their own emotional reasons for hating Duke. You have your own reasons for hating Missouri (but only basketball, not football!). I have my reasons for my own rooting interests. If people can't choose to hate Duke for whatever "reasons" they want, then it is UNACCEPTABLE for you to hate Missouri while leaving the door open to root for Missouri football. But since the Duke haters can make the same subjective choices that you can, then I have the right to choose as many teams I want to root for for whatever reasons I choose.

You do not get it. Well, yes you do, you just choose to spin it. Nice try. You'd be a good White House Press Secretary.

I do not root for MU football, I just do not hate them.

I hate MU basketball. I am a 100% SLU basketball fan and, unlike you, cannot possibly also be a MU basketball fan. You are. I am not. That is UNACCEPTABLE for this board.

I hate MU basketball because they are our clear regional rival that will not play us, and have so many advantages, they've had sickening positive PR from the SL Post shills for 40 years while we get finessed, the MU fans often stick it to us as being superior, Missouri has outrageous dumb jock curriculum to get way-below-par students and JC transfers in school that would never make it at SLU, they play in a superior power conference (was the Big 12 now not as good SEC) with better TV coverage, and they have lavish accommodations as a state school for their "athletes" (I didn't say "student athletes") whereas we have to scrimp and scrape for every dollar.

And you do not get the Duke thing, either. I allow small jealous minds to hate Duke, fine, but when they take unsubstantiated below the belt pot shots at the credibility of their program or coach, then I push back at them. I still haven't heard from Doo-opp or you or anybody as to which program is better than Duke the last 20-25 years using the consensus criteria that I offered to evaluate teams. Duke has some of the same advantages that Missouri has, not all, but handle things with class, in a much different way, are virtually scandal free, have been far, far more successful, have a class act national icon for a coach, do not have high school level jock courses, are not our regional rival... well, I could go on, and you fear I will, but that is enough for now.

Again, if SLU played Duke I hope we'd take them apart. Hell, this year Duke is down, we have a realistic shot at it. Second round, NCAA, bring them on. The ultimate, for me, though, would be Missouri in the second round. I would be 100% behind SLU. You root for both.

You say you are also a Missouri fan. That is unacceptable.

I am a SLU fan, only. I HATE Missouri basketball.

My grandchildren exercise more maturity than you do. You really need to grow up.

• 8 months later...

@Dave_Matter: Missouri announces that Cam Biedscheid will no longer be part of the basketball team as he "attends to personal matters."

As someone who really wanted Cam, looks like I was wrong.

Me too. Wow, that is brutal.

This is really hard to understand. Top 50 recruit with real shot at playing at the next level just blowing in the wind now.

I'd still take him at SLU.

At this point it would have to be as a preferred walk on. You can't invest a years scholarship on a guy this flakey. I highly doubt he plays atthe D1 level again though.

Reading the Tigerboard, which is almost impossible to do, the are saying Biescheid and another player did not get along with the current staff. No surprise. They also said he refused to play defense. With that, don't you think he would fit in with the rest of the UMC Tigers?

About three weeks ago, one of their more connected posters said he was hearing that cam and Belo (they Baylor transfer) were not getting along with Anderson. He speculated neither would be back the following year. Not many people noticed his post because that was the same time that two of their top freshmen were arrested for assaulting someone and put on indefinite suspension.

It's always something down there...

Did they burn a schollie on him for the 2014-15 season? What is the cutoff?

It's bad enough when the transfers leave after 1 year of basketball, meaning you invest 2 years of scholarships on 1 season of production - but Mizzou has now mastered the 1 and none - i.e. the transfer who holds a spot for some time but never plays a game.

Anderson has his work cut out for him. I do respect him for not letting the inmates run the asylum.

He'll get a pass this season and next...but since the NCAA tournament expanded to 32 teams in 1975 no Mizzou coach has ever missed the dance 3 years running and survived to coach the following season.

If Biescheid were wanting to come home and play for SLU, would you want him? I am not one to hold grudges if I believe somehow can help the team, but it would have to be on Crews ' s terms.

This could like be WR probation situation.

Not even a little bit. I want a kid who is able to work through adversity and nothing Biedscheid has done so far gives me any indication he's willing to do that.

It is unfair to say "two-time whatever" but from all indications, this one seems to rest at the feet of CB. The whole thing of can't play with others, play sno defense, prima donna family issues seems to scream "do not touch" to me. Strikes me as the kind of guy Majerus wouldn't waste the time of day on.

I used to hear the old adage and Garth Brooks song about some times the best prayers are those not answered and maybe that applies here. Anderson will be in for a rocky road as some have already said bu the seems unwilling to take a lot of crap. Good for him.

If Cam B does not want to play defense then he will have trouble everywhere. If this was true then he certainly would not have worked out here. You really can not blame Anderson with this issue - he did not recruit him and so he had little investment in the kid. Knowing who Anderson played high school and college ball for - coaches - he will expect his team to play defense and if you won't then he will have no use for you.

It is unfair to say "two-time whatever" but from all indications, this one seems to rest at the feet of CB. The whole thing of can't play with others, play sno defense, prima donna family issues seems to scream "do not touch" to me. Strikes me as the kind of guy Majerus wouldn't waste the time of day on.

I used to hear the old adage and Garth Brooks song about some times the best prayers are those not answered and maybe that applies here. Anderson will be in for a rocky road as some have already said bu the seems unwilling to take a lot of crap. Good for him.

Majerus was a big fan of Cam.

Majerus was a big fan of Cam.

While he might have been a big fan of CB's ability, he would not have tolerated the attitude issues that SEEM to be present with this player. It kinda reminds me of the R Cotto situation where basketball ability got him in the door and selfishness got him out the door.

What a waste this seems to be for a young man who had the world by the tail-let's just hope he matures and wakes up at some point soon------just not at SLU!