Biedscheid Transferring from ND

Littlebill

• Replies 996
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If we ge CB, Crews better be ready to put with his pain in the ass dad. His dad is part of the problem, he thinks Brey is not using his son properly and all he does is ***** and whine. Cam wants to stay but is torn because his dad wants him to transfer. I think it would be a great pick up for SLU but who knows

If we ge CB, Crews better be ready to put with his pain in the ass dad. His dad is part of the problem, he thinks Brey is not using his son properly and all he does is ***** and whine. Cam wants to stay but is torn because his dad wants him to transfer. I think it would be a great pick up for SLU but who knows

Oh Oh another WR????

Has he ever been right?

Typically my answer would've been "No", but there was something not terribly long ago that he got right. I think he posted about Majerus' leave of absence a few hours before it was announced. I recall not believing it because volfan posted it, then feeling the need to later retract my earlier statement that volfan could never be trusted.

As to the father, I don't know the man, so I probably shouldn't say anything. I will say that at points in this process (I've heard about this going back a while), I did wonder if this was more about what others wanted, as opposed to the kid. I have no idea if that is accurate.

This story notes that ND has not yet granted a release to Cam and the school is closed until Jan. 2nd. Now, I'm sure that the people who can get things done could do this before Jan. 2nd, but it will be interesting to see how this unfolds.

http://www.southbendtribune.com/sports/college/notredame/mensbasketball/update-notre-dame-men-s-basketball-is-biedscheid-staying-or/article_f1037d02-6c17-11e3-ac47-0019bb30f31a.html

Not yet. Probably won't stop the school 90 minutes to the west though....

It will be interesting to see what kind of restrictions are placed on Cameron's release. I know certain schools have blocked Mizzou in the past when it comes to schools they will allow a kid to transfer to.

I cannot see a possibility of him being allowed to transfer to SLU or Mizzou.

I figure those would be the first two schools that they wouldn't grant a release to him for because of proximity to home.

I could see them allowing either if the reason he is transferring is to get closer to home. I could see them blocking either if they think there was any tampering leading to the decision. What goes on with Mizzou will be interesting. There is a strong belief among some coaches that Mizzou makes contact with kids/people close to the kid before they are granted a release and encourages them to transfer.

I could see them allowing either if the reason he is transferring is to get closer to home. I could see them blocking either if they think there was any tampering leading to the decision. What goes on with Mizzou will be interesting. There is a strong belief among some coaches that Mizzou makes contact with kids/people close to the kid before they are granted a release and encourages them to transfer.

Notre Dame has nothing to lose by blocking this kid (and that's what I'm worried about). I don't think they care about the negative press, and would ruin a kid's career to make a point.

Yep, just another little scandal for SPUMAC - http://www.winninghoops.com/pages/Breaking-News----Report-Mizzou-Coach-Tampered-With-Transfer-Student.php

Faith in Haith!

He would have helped. You can never have enough shooters.

+1 Had we had a 3 point shooter these past two (2) years, our team would have been even that much better.

As to Cam, part of me really would like to have him. At the same time, sorry, but I get turned off by the overly involved, unrealistic, meddling and pushy parents who dominate and ruin select sports. I have no personal knowledge of Cam and/or his parents and have no idea if they are these types of parents. At the same time, I know these parents are out there as I have seen them with my own children sports, other posters with personal knowledge and insight have suggest that Cam's father is a problem, the events these past six (6) months have certainly been unusual and I really don't want SLU to be "safe" choice for every local recruit who feels they can leave town for the greener pastures and then return to us with open arms when they realize the grass is not so green.

As to Cam's experience at ND, no doubt he would enjoy being a student/kid on campus. Unless you have been to ND's campus, you just won't know -- and for the record, I did not go to school at ND. In short, the campus is beautiful and peaceful with everything a student would want from top-notch academics, awesome buildings/classrooms, dorms with short walks (except for those on the other side of the lake) to wherever needed, strong intramural/student activities with open space/gyms to nationally ranked sports programs with equally impressive facilities. Despite all the activities , events and "big-time" feel, the campus is small and intimate. Kids like Cam could enjoy not only having ESPN broadcast on campus before football games with all the activity of a home football game but also could stop by and watch either the nationally ranked D1 hockey team or the club hockey team at one of the best hockey facilities in the country. ND has more and better activities from world renowned speakers coming to campus to their "lesser" sports such as rowing/crew to the curling team on their international sized ice rink. Realistically, the ND experience blows away anything either SLU or Mizzou can offer.

At the same time, I fully realize that kids like Cam pick their college for the basketball opportunities offered to them. Dreams of the NBA are all that matter as this is yet another step along the way which probably started with multiple select teams, 2 to 4 games each weekend, practices nearly each day of the work week, long drives to tournaments and countless sacrifices dating back to 4th grade. Maybe the ND experience has caused Cam to realize there are other things to life than basketball so his parents are now reminding him of the preset path they have drawn up for him to reach the NBA. It's all about basket ball. To that end, SLU team, coaches, incoming recruits and Chaifetz do stack up quite nicely. If SLU has better playing opportunities and can better allow him to reach this goal of the NBA, then great. If Cam wants to be a Billiken, then welcome aboard. At the same time, if only Cam's parents want him to be a Billiken, then no thanks.