Biedscheid Transferring from ND

Littlebill

• Replies 996
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was not keen on him coming here last fall, however, if we could get him as a walk on with the promise of a scholarship if all goes well, what's the downside? Would he have to sit out a year if he walked on?

I was all for him last year. My opinion has now changed. We currently only have one roster spot available nest season. I would rather see that used on a guy like Aflakpui. To get Cam in here you would have to clear another spot. I don't think you do that for a guy who appears to be as flakey as Cam.

I was not keen on him coming here last fall, however, if we could get him as a walk on with the promise of a scholarship if all goes well, what's the downside? Would he have to sit out a year if he walked on?

You ask, what's the downside? A bad attitude-I ain't gonna play D- can be a cancer in the program. We don't need it.

The whole Scam Biedschied saga was strange, even by SPUMAC standards. We first heard about him possibly transferring back in the summer of 2013. At the time a family member or advisor floated out to Ben the possibility that there was a good chance Can was going to transfer "home" - presumably to SLU, because why else would you talk to a guy who covers Billiken bball about it. That doesn't materialize and he returns to Notre Dame. Then strangely before the start of the season, he announces he wants to redshirt for his sophomore season. There are rumblings that he might have some academic issues and/or has problems with Brey. Then at semester break around the holidays, he announces he wants to transfer to be closer to home. All of the sudden SPUMAC emerges as a possibility. He visits there, but from best I recall doesn't even visit or give SLU serious consideration. It's unclear how much contact SLU and Cam ever had. Once he picks Mizzou, it becomes apparent the kid is a tool, BUT in fairness, think of all the stuff that happened while the kid was there in less than a year. Numerous teammates getting arrested, fighting each other, suspensions, players getting kick off, the head coach leaving for Tulsa... Tulsa :lol: Maybe the kid lost interest being a part of that circus, but it doesn't say much for his judgment that he wanted to go there in the first place.

BTW, statistics show that if you sign with Mizzou, you are 300% more likely to get arrested, suspended or kicked out of school.

If Cam B does not want to play defense then he will have trouble everywhere. If this was true then he certainly would not have worked out here. You really can not blame Anderson with this issue - he did not recruit him and so he had little investment in the kid. Knowing who Anderson played high school and college ball for - coaches - he will expect his team to play defense and if you won't then he will have no use for you.

Not true. Every D1 coach talks the talk about how important defense is. Most likely, every D1 coach knows down deep how important defense really is. But not every D1 coach truly makes defense a priority and/or is willing to sit a player b/c of his defense, or lack thereof. Frank Haith teams may be known for their athletic talent and abilities but not team defense. As to CAM, guys like KShoe have been good to remind us about his talent and offensive abilities, especially in high school, but the way he treated Brey and ND, his choosing Frank Haith and Mizzou over the likes of Jim Crews/SLU and now, this, yes, I am really glad we never wasted time with this clown.

The whole Scam Biedschied saga was strange, even by SPUMAC standards. We first heard about him possibly transferring back in the summer of 2013. At the time a family member or advisor floated out to Ben the possibility that there was a good chance Can was going to transfer "home" - presumably to SLU, because why else would you talk to a guy who covers Billiken bball about it. That doesn't materialize and he returns to Notre Dame. Then strangely before the start of the season, he announces he wants to redshirt for his sophomore season. There are rumblings that he might have some academic issues and/or has problems with Brey. Then at semester break around the holidays, he announces he wants to transfer to be closer to home. All of the sudden SPUMAC emerges as a possibility. He visits there, but from best I recall doesn't even visit or give SLU serious consideration. It's unclear how much contact SLU and Cam ever had. Once he picks Mizzou, it becomes apparent the kid is a tool, BUT in fairness, think of all the stuff that happened while the kid was there in less than a year. Numerous teammates getting arrested, fighting each other, suspensions, players getting kick off, the head coach leaving for Tulsa... Tulsa :lol: Maybe the kid lost interest being a part of that circus, but it doesn't say much for his judgment that he wanted to go there in the first place.

BTW, statistics show that if you sign with Mizzou, you are 300% more likely to get arrested, suspended or kicked out of school.

Good post Ace. I will add that I know for a fact that our coaches wanted Cam and were disappointed when he chose mizzou. Those of us fans that wanted him were hardly alone.

Did this ad staffer get arrested just to push down the news that the two players' suspension was lifted?

-it does appear that way, doesn't it? ;)

-remembering the interview on Frank's show last week with Drew Hanlon who said something close to he was going to CoMo to work him out and things were going great for him there

Did @Dave_Matter realize he'd be on the crime beat when he took the job at the Post?

@JoelrlHall I covered Mizzou for a long time before I came to the PD. When you cover college sports you write about arrests

Boys will be boys I guess. Unbelievable.

Did @Dave_Matter realize he'd be on the crime beat when he took the job at the Post?

@JoelrlHall I covered Mizzou for a long time before I came to the PD. When you cover college sports you write about arrests

Especially at BCCC.

Sounds like somebody is a little defensive. He must be proud of his alma mater. The sheer volume of arrests at SPUMAC is not normal.

-they seem to have failed in getting the police to look past events involving athletes

I suspect that there is a lot more they have been able to cover up. The Athletic Department was able to successfully cover up the Michael Dixon situation for a long time, along with the swimmer and running back. I think what has become public knowledge at SPUMAC only scratches the surface.

• 6 years later...