Biedscheid Transferring from ND

Littlebill

Like I said, there is a right a way and wrong way. First, JB left after his Freshman year and AY left after his Sophomore year. Second, leaving a school is normal and should not be held against a kid - especially one who was mislead. Third, both JB and AY finished the year of their scholarship and then transferred in the Spring/early summer. Had CM done the same after his Freshman year, then no problem. Coaches change their minds so why not players? Instead, what really changed for CB after his Freshman year? Notre Dame is the same school it was, Brey is still the same coach, Brey's coaching style/philosophy did not change, the same underclassmen returned, the same Freshmen recruits who promised to come did come ...

Sorry, but you finish what you start. In the event of a coaching change (Keith Carter) or a new Freshman gets homesick/realizes he makes a mistake, then I get it. Transfer after your first semester, that's fine. But to accept a scholarship in your second year, to refuse to play, to make up lies about why you are redshirting and then to quit on your teammates and coaches after the semester over is just plain wrong.

And no, you're again wrong in that ND does not have time to replace CB for this year. Next year, sure. This year, no. CB's teammates and coaches are playing shorthanded all year -- this year -- b/c of selfish CB.

If I had to guess what CB was up to based on things I have read and heard was that his grades may have been rough and he was concerned about being able to be accepted by another school. So, he returns for first semester, concentrates on his studies, red shirts to save 3 years of eligibility thus making himself more appealing to a school, he gets his grades up enough for a school to be able push him in for acceptance and so then he transfers. If he had not been able to get into Missouri then my guess is he would have returned to ND and tried to make the second semester pull him up. Is that fair to ND - no but actually for ND they are helped out if he gets his grades up by not damaging their APR and is it fair for a kid that transfers to sit a year but coach who runs out of his contract has no penalty?

• Replies 996
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If I had to guess what CB was up to based on things I have read and heard was that his grades may have been rough and he was concerned about being able to be accepted by another school. So, he returns for first semester, concentrates on his studies, red shirts to save 3 years of eligibility thus making himself more appealing to a school, he gets his grades up enough for a school to be able push him in for acceptance and so then he transfers. If he had not been able to get into Missouri then my guess is he would have returned to ND and tried to make the second semester pull him up. Is that fair to ND - no but actually for ND they are helped out if he gets his grades up by not damaging their APR and is it fair for a kid that transfers to sit a year but coach who runs out of his contract has no penalty?

Cheese. I guess anything is possible. But if CM had academic problems at ND, then it would have seemed like we would have heard about the same over the summer such as rumors of academic probation, etc. Also, ND's academics are a lot tougher than Mizzou's so I could see a kid straightening out his academics at Mizzou to be eligible for ND but not the other way around. Further, if academic problems, then the redshirt idea would not have been a voluntary choice or the idea of CM as has been reported.

Sounds more like CB felt like he did not stack up well against the other players (and the team is not all that great) or that CB did like Notre Dame (student life/campus, etc.) but that he was really pressured by his parents to leave. Maybe his father decided to accept that bag of money from Haith sometime this Fall!! :D

Cheese. I guess anything is possible. But if CM had academic problems at ND, then it would have seemed like we would have heard about the same over the summer such as rumors of academic probation, etc. Also, ND's academics are a lot tougher than Mizzou's so I could see a kid straightening out his academics at Mizzou to be eligible for ND but not the other way around. Further, if academic problems, then the redshirt idea would not have been a voluntary choice or the idea of CM as has been reported.

Sounds more like CB felt like he did not stack up well against the other players (and the team is not all that great) or that CB did like Notre Dame (student life/campus, etc.) but that he was really pressured by his parents to leave. Maybe his father decided to accept that bag of money from Haith sometime this Fall!! :D

I did not mean to say that he was flunking out but was probably on the edge. He was not trying to get his grades up for Missouri but for any school - at the time he may not have know where he was going to end up. To assume he figured he could not measure up against the new players and the existing ones at ND would seem to make him out not to be a very good player and if that is true then who would want him?

I did not mean to say that he was flunking out but was probably on the edge. He was not trying to get his grades up for Missouri but for any school - at the time he may not have know where he was going to end up. To assume he figured he could not measure up against the new players and the existing ones at ND would seem to make him out not to be a very good player and if that is true then who would want him?

Mizzou

Well, we did...

Cheese.

KShoe has been reading Ben W (I believe Ben is now writing for Billiken Report after replacing Nate, right??) and posting what KShoe understands the situation to be. Therefore, assuming Ben W. received/interpreted the info correctly from his source and that Kshoe summarized and accurately reported what Ben wrote (no reason to doubt either), it appears that Cam thought about transferring after his Freshman year, then decided to give it another try at ND, then decided to transfer after enrolling for his Sophomore year, then came up with the redshirt idea to preserve half a year's worth of eligibility after having enrolled at ND again and then finished the semester out (for both Cam's benefit and also for the benefit of ND with regard to the new grade/progression to graduation/NCAA rule). Just seems like Cam should have decided to stay or transfer before starting the new year (like most transfers do). Why did Cam wait to transfer? Well, KShoe suggested that playing time may have been perceived to be an issue again this year -- and if so, it makes one wonder if Cam was recruited over and also how good Cam really is. Sorry, but I am NOT impressed by high school rankings and numbers -- especially after a year's worth of playing at college.

If Cam is not as good as thought, and if he and his parents are as big of a problem as suggested, then I am glad he is not coming to SLU. And, of course, it is quite possible that SLU and Jim Crews changed their minds on Cam as well. Why take a risk when we already have Ash for the next 2 years? Between Ash and AM, we should be much better at shooting 3 pointers. Now…. filling the gaping holes by JJ, DE and RL, well… that's another story!!

Cheese.

KShoe has been reading Ben W (I believe Ben is now writing for Billiken Report after replacing Nate, right??) and posting what KShoe understands the situation to be. Therefore, assuming Ben W. received/interpreted the info correctly from his source and that Kshoe summarized and accurately reported what Ben wrote (no reason to doubt either), it appears that Cam thought about transferring after his Freshman year, then decided to give it another try at ND, then decided to transfer after enrolling for his Sophomore year, then came up with the redshirt idea to preserve half a year's worth of eligibility after having enrolled at ND again and then finished the semester out (for both Cam's benefit and also for the benefit of ND with regard to the new grade/progression to graduation/NCAA rule). Just seems like Cam should have decided to stay or transfer before starting the new year (like most transfers do). Why did Cam wait to transfer? Well, KShoe suggested that playing time may have been perceived to be an issue again this year -- and if so, it makes one wonder if Cam was recruited over and also how good Cam really is. Sorry, but I am NOT impressed by high school rankings and numbers -- especially after a year's worth of playing at college.

If Cam is not as good as thought, and if he and his parents are as big of a problem as suggested, then I am glad he is not coming to SLU. And, of course, it is quite possible that SLU and Jim Crews changed their minds on Cam as well. Why take a risk when we already have Ash for the next 2 years? Between Ash and AM, we should be much better at shooting 3 pointers. Now. filling the gaping holes by JJ, DE and RL, well that's another story!!

Who gives a f uck, let's beat the p iss out of Dayton tomorrow.

You are a pimple on the ass of Coach K. Not even, actually.

How dare you smear a man like him, what do you know? How do you know what happened when Grant Hill got hurt?

How about his ability to RECRUIT those players? How about being Team USA Coach all those years? How about running one of the cleanest programs in the NCAA for 20+ years? How about all those Sweet 16's, Elite 8's, and Final 4's and NCAA Championships? How about the many players that made it to the pros, and the many Duke players that became good D-1 Coaches (I know, except Q. Snyder)

K has "class". Something you know nothing of...

You are a small little jealous troll; it is very obvious where you are coming from....

You are an ignorant #ss. Haith can recruit. That does not make him a great coach. If you read what Quinn Snyder said, when he got in trouble at Mizzou, it was because doing the same things coach K was doing at Duke. He is not as squeaky clean as you think. Seeing how you are defending him so hard, you must be a relative. If you could READ, you will see that I said how good would those coaches be if they had to coach the kind of talent we have, year in and year out. All of those achievements you mentioned, with the kind of talent he has, and if he is so great, why doesn't Duke reach at least the Elite 8 every year? I am not a troll. Have you not bad mouthed a coach on here before?

You are an ignorant #ss. Haith can recruit. That does not make him a great coach. If you read what Quinn Snyder said, when he got in trouble at Mizzou, it was because doing the same things coach K was doing at Duke. He is not as squeaky clean as you think. Seeing how you are defending him so hard, you must be a relative. If you could READ, you will see that I said how good would those coaches be if they had to coach the kind of talent we have, year in and year out. All of those achievements you mentioned, with the kind of talent he has, and if he is so great, why doesn't Duke reach at least the Elite 8 every year? I am not a troll. Have you not bad mouthed a coach on here before?

You disparaged a national 20+ year successful icon with a clean record. Why?

You said he wins because he has great players and I said well then give him credit for being a good recruiter.

You used an childish argument, what, Haith can recruit, that does not make him a great coach. WTF?

You asked why he doesn't go to the Elite 8 every year... well as some posters point out he does not always have top talent and there are injuries and bad matchups, and hey teams play bad games, that is why they play the game... foul trouble, bad shooting night, it happens... anyone who knows about sports knows that... so that tells me more about you.

You lose all the arguments, I grow weary an bored and will not continue. Maybe you have an intelligent older brother or that can make some sort of argument that is somewhat valid. Call him.

No K is not 100% squeaky clean perfect but he is in the top percentile (look up what that means) of clean programs, the very top.

Why do you hate Duke? I know why...

Why do you hate Duke? I know why.

You disparaged a national 20+ year successful icon with a clean record. Why?

You said he wins because he has great players and I said well then give him credit for being a good recruiter.

You used an childish argument, what, Haith can recruit, that does not make him a great coach. WTF?

You asked why he doesn't go to the Elite 8 every year... well as some posters point out he does not always have top talent and there are injuries and bad matchups, and hey teams play bad games, that is why they play the game... foul trouble, bad shooting night, it happens... anyone who knows about sports knows that... so that tells me more about you.

You lose all the arguments, I grow weary an bored and will not continue. Maybe you have an intelligent older brother or that can make some sort of argument that is somewhat valid. Call him.

No K is not 100% squeaky clean perfect but he is in the top percentile (look up what that means) of clean programs, the very top.

Why do you hate Duke? I know why...

Why do you hate Duke? I know why.

Dude, why do you care about Duke so much?

Go bills

Wow! MB73 defends Duke and Coach K more vigorously and vehemently than some folks here insist I do for recruits who could be used to drill a hole or for "obvious" Mizzou-loving trolls pretending to post as SLU fans!

I'll take MB73 over you every day of the week. At least we know where his allegiance lies

SIGH! If you don't know by now where my allegiance lies, you're either blind or stupid.

You say you are also a Missouri fan. That is unacceptable.

I am a SLU fan, only. I HATE Missouri basketball.

I merely defend Duke against the petty fact barren jealous cheap shot hater types, I think the last 20-25 years or so Duke has had the best all around program in NCAA basketball, if you look at the combination of winning %, NCAA Tourney success, players that made it to the NBA, players and asst coaches that made it as coaches for other programs, arguably one of the best & classiest coaches of all time, a true academic environment with no super-dumb-jock programs (sure, some finessing goes on) and a clean scandal free program. Sure, I had a son go there, he does not care about the team at all, but knew a lot of the players, I really do not root for them at all. I just have observed a distinct hatred for Duke. Hatred. At sports bars, whole tables will be rooting against Duke, when questioned, none of them went to NC or somewhere relevant, they just HATE DUKE. When asked, some grown men and women say they "don't know why, they just hate Duke".

Name a better all around program, the last 20-25 years, all things considered. I am all ears.