Biedscheid Transferring from ND

Littlebill

• Replies 996
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach K never wins unless he has a superstar. When Grant Hill got hurt coach K conveniently got sick and sat the rest of the year because it was evident the team was going nowhere. With the talent he gets Duke should get to at least the Elite 8 EVERY YEAR! What did Kentucky do with all those 5 star players they had last year? If Crews had wasted that kind of talent this board would want to run him out of town. They did not win the NIT game they played. Take the 5 star players away and then see how far their teams get. Who would not get good results with the talent they continuously get, besides Haith? Yes, Coach K.

Coach K and Crews both coached at Army, with Krzyzewski being far more succesful.

Krzyzewski built the duke program through a lot more than recruiting. He is unanimously known as one of the best coaches (not recruiters) of all time.

Not claiming he is clean. He deserves the crap he gets about that. He can coach.

Tell that to last year's Kentucky fans. This year for that matter. He has the best recruiting class and look at the number of games they have already lost. My question is would he be as successful with our talent as Crews is or Majerus was?

Tell that to last year's Kentucky fans. This year for that matter. He has the best recruiting class and look at the number of games they have already lost. My question is would he be as successful with our talent as Crews is or Majerus was?

The team is loaded with freshman. No doubt Rickma was a better game coach than Cal. Not sure about Crews. The thing is that running a program is a lot more than just being a game coach.

Coach K never wins unless he has a superstar. When Grant Hill got hurt coach K conveniently got sick and sat the rest of the year because it was evident the team was going nowhere. With the talent he gets Duke should get to at least the Elite 8 EVERY YEAR! What did Kentucky do with all those 5 star players they had last year? If Crews had wasted that kind of talent this board would want to run him out of town. They did not win the NIT game they played. Take the 5 star players away and then see how far their teams get. Who would not get good results with the talent they continuously get, besides Haith? Yes, Coach K.

Going to disagree with you. Case in point - Duke's 2009-2010 Nat'l Championship Team:

G 30 Seth Curry (I) 6 ft 1 in (1.85 m) 175 lb (79 kg) So Charlotte Christian Charlotte, NC F 13 Olek Czyz (TO) 6 ft 7 in (2.01 m) 240 lb (109 kg) So Reno Reno, NV G 41 Jordan Davidson 6 ft 1 in (1.85 m) 180 lb (82 kg) Blair Academy Melbourne, AR G 20 Andre Dawkins 6 ft 4 in (1.93 m) 190 lb (86 kg) Fr Atlantic Shores Christian Chesapeake, VA F 51 Steve Johnson 6 ft 5 in (1.96 m) 210 lb (95 kg) Jr Cheyenne Mountain Colorado Springs, CO F 34 Ryan Kelly 6 ft 10 in (2.08 m) 220 lb (100 kg) Fr Ravenscroft Raleigh, NC G 53 Casey Peters 6 ft 4 in (1.93 m) 185 lb (84 kg) Jr Red Bank Regional Red Bank, NJ F 5 Mason Plumlee 6 ft 10 in (2.08 m) 230 lb (104 kg) Fr Christ School Warsaw, IN F 21 Miles Plumlee 6 ft 10 in (2.08 m) 240 lb (109 kg) So Christ School Warsaw, IN G 30 Jon Scheyer 6 ft 5 in (1.96 m) 190 lb (86 kg) Sr Glenbrook North Northbrook, IL F 12 Kyle Singler 6 ft 8 in (2.03 m) 230 lb (104 kg) Jr South Medford Medford, OR G 2 Nolan Smith 6 ft 2 in (1.88 m) 185 lb (84 kg) Jr Oak Hill Academy (VA) Upper Marlboro, MD F 42 Lance Thomas 6 ft 8 in (2.03 m) 225 lb (102 kg) Sr St. Benedict's Prep Scotch Plains, NJ F 52 Todd Zafirovski 6 ft 8 in (2.03 m) 240 lb (109 kg) Fr Lake Forest Academy Lake Forest, IL C 55 Brian Zoubek

There are no "Superstars" on that team.

Seth Curry, for God's sake, started his collegiate career at Liberty.

Jon Scheyer is now a Duke assistant.

Kyle Singler was a very late second-round draft pick.

No superstars, yet Coach K somehow won it all. I'm not a Duke apologist, as I loathe the very ground on which Durham, NC sits, but your conspiracy theory of Coach K's illness when Grant Hill went down holds no merit.

Going to disagree with you. Case in point - Duke's 2009-2010 Nat'l Championship Team:

G 30 Seth Curry (I) 6 ft 1 in (1.85 m) 175 lb (79 kg) So Charlotte Christian Charlotte, NC F 13 Olek Czyz (TO) 6 ft 7 in (2.01 m) 240 lb (109 kg) So Reno Reno, NV G 41 Jordan Davidson 6 ft 1 in (1.85 m) 180 lb (82 kg) Blair Academy Melbourne, AR G 20 Andre Dawkins 6 ft 4 in (1.93 m) 190 lb (86 kg) Fr Atlantic Shores Christian Chesapeake, VA F 51 Steve Johnson 6 ft 5 in (1.96 m) 210 lb (95 kg) Jr Cheyenne Mountain Colorado Springs, CO F 34 Ryan Kelly 6 ft 10 in (2.08 m) 220 lb (100 kg) Fr Ravenscroft Raleigh, NC G 53 Casey Peters 6 ft 4 in (1.93 m) 185 lb (84 kg) Jr Red Bank Regional Red Bank, NJ F 5 Mason Plumlee 6 ft 10 in (2.08 m) 230 lb (104 kg) Fr Christ School Warsaw, IN F 21 Miles Plumlee 6 ft 10 in (2.08 m) 240 lb (109 kg) So Christ School Warsaw, IN G 30 Jon Scheyer 6 ft 5 in (1.96 m) 190 lb (86 kg) Sr Glenbrook North Northbrook, IL F 12 Kyle Singler 6 ft 8 in (2.03 m) 230 lb (104 kg) Jr South Medford Medford, OR G 2 Nolan Smith 6 ft 2 in (1.88 m) 185 lb (84 kg) Jr Oak Hill Academy (VA) Upper Marlboro, MD F 42 Lance Thomas 6 ft 8 in (2.03 m) 225 lb (102 kg) Sr St. Benedict's Prep Scotch Plains, NJ F 52 Todd Zafirovski 6 ft 8 in (2.03 m) 240 lb (109 kg) Fr Lake Forest Academy Lake Forest, IL C 55 Brian Zoubek

No superstars, yet Coach K somehow won it all. I'm not a Duke apologist, as I loathe the very ground on which Durham, NC sits, but your conspiracy theory of Coach K's illness when Grant Hill went down holds no merit.

Coach K is the best in the game but didn't Nolan Smith have an unreal year?

We have two players who left their prior schools before their sophomore year. ND has time to sign a spring signee. We are looking to sign a Spring recruit. It's not too late.

Like I said, there is a right a way and wrong way. First, JB left after his Freshman year and AY left after his Sophomore year. Second, leaving a school is normal and should not be held against a kid - especially one who was mislead. Third, both JB and AY finished the year of their scholarship and then transferred in the Spring/early summer. Had CM done the same after his Freshman year, then no problem. Coaches change their minds so why not players? Instead, what really changed for CB after his Freshman year? Notre Dame is the same school it was, Brey is still the same coach, Brey's coaching style/philosophy did not change, the same underclassmen returned, the same Freshmen recruits who promised to come did come ...

Sorry, but you finish what you start. In the event of a coaching change (Keith Carter) or a new Freshman gets homesick/realizes he makes a mistake, then I get it. Transfer after your first semester, that's fine. But to accept a scholarship in your second year, to refuse to play, to make up lies about why you are redshirting and then to quit on your teammates and coaches after the semester over is just plain wrong.

And no, you're again wrong in that ND does not have time to replace CB for this year. Next year, sure. This year, no. CB's teammates and coaches are playing shorthanded all year -- this year -- b/c of selfish CB.

I hope you don't loathe it enough to make any vague terrorist threats against it, as much as we all loved the publicity you brought our alma mater last time.

Like I said, there is a right a way and wrong way. First, JB left after his Freshman year and AY left after his Sophomore year. Second, leaving a school is normal and should not be held against a kid - especially one who was mislead. Third, both JB and AY finished the year of their scholarship and then transferred in the Spring/early summer. Had CM done the same after his Freshman year, then no problem. Coaches change their minds so why not players? Instead, what really changed for CB after his Freshman year? Notre Dame is the same school it was, Brey is still the same coach, Brey's coaching style/philosophy did not change, the same underclassmen returned, the same Freshmen recruits who promised to come did come ...

Sorry, but you finish what you start. In the event of a coaching change (Keith Carter) or a new Freshman gets homesick/realizes he makes a mistake, then I get it. Transfer after your first semester, that's fine. But to accept a scholarship in your second year, to refuse to play, to make up lies about why you are redshirting and then to quit on your teammates and coaches after the semester over is just plain wrong.

And no, you're again wrong in that ND does not have time to replace CB for this year. Next year, sure. This year, no. CB's teammates and coaches are playing shorthanded all year -- this year -- b/c of selfish CB.

I was talking about Barnett and McBroom.

Curry was a superstar. I'm talking about a college superstar. He was one of the best guards in the Country. What they did after college does not apply.

Talk about a terrible example. Sorry, bobby, backhand needs to educate you.

I'm not going to compare name by name but duke had 9 mcdonalds all Americans recruited from 2006-2009. Nearly all on the above roster.

Coach K is the best in the game but didn't Nolan Smith have an unreal year?

He did. The point I was making that we can all name the stars on Duke's back-to-back championship teams because those guys were so good. It speaks volumes that K can take a team of guys in '91 and '92 and turn them into household names. Laettner, Hill, Hurley, Antonio Lang, Thomas Hill, etc. And he can still win a national championship with a team of solid, but not superstar players a decade later. No one outside of Durham will know much about that '10 team 20 years from now. That's the staying power of those '91 and '92 teams.

I liked this thread more when it was bashing missou.

Getting back on topic, I think that once mizzery gets eliminated from the first round of the NIT this year and Haith gets dumped, Cam will realize his mistake and beg for another transfer so he can come to slu. But crews and cheaney will tell him to shove it, all after we come off a final four appearance in march

You are a pimple on the ass of Coach K. Not even, actually.

How dare you smear a man like him, what do you know? How do you know what happened when Grant Hill got hurt?

How about his ability to RECRUIT those players? How about being Team USA Coach all those years? How about running one of the cleanest programs in the NCAA for 20+ years? How about all those Sweet 16's, Elite 8's, and Final 4's and NCAA Championships? How about the many players that made it to the pros, and the many Duke players that became good D-1 Coaches (I know, except Q. Snyder)

K has "class". Something you know nothing of...

You are a small little jealous troll; it is very obvious where you are coming from....

You are a pimple on the ass of Coach K. Not even, actually.

How dare you smear a man like him, what do you know? How do you know what happened when Grant Hill got hurt?

How about his ability to RECRUIT those players? How about being Team USA Coach all those years? How about running one of the cleanest programs in the NCAA for 20+ years? How about all those Sweet 16's, Elite 8's, and Final 4's and NCAA Championships? How about the many players that made it to the pros, and the many Duke players that became good D-1 Coaches (I know, except Q. Snyder)

K has "class". Something you know nothing of...

You are a small little jealous troll; it is very obvious where you are coming from....

MB73 with an ad hominem attack? Who knew?

Talk about a terrible example. Sorry, bobby, backhand needs to educate you.

I'm not going to compare name by name but duke had 9 mcdonalds all Americans recruited from 2006-2009. Nearly all on the above roster.

+1