Biedscheid Transferring from ND

Littlebill

LOL.

I still don't understand how Haith has actually convinced people that he has had "success" with transfers. He's taken a lot of degenerates/castoffs from other teams and produced an average squad.

Success with transfers: Oregon & Iowa state.

Not so much: Mizzou

Enjoy it, Cam.

in the respect that his transfers get to run around and do what they want and rack up big scoring numbers, yes his transfers are successful. and sadly, that's a better showcase for the NBA than our system, though we're getting more and more fast-paced, which i'm fine with as long as our D is shitkicking awesome.

oh, and i'll address the elephant in the room as well. aside from mizzou being in a much more lucrative conference, with a more "fun" system and bags of cash and strippers, there's one underlying reason why an idiot college kid would chose them over us:

SLU is perceived as an Uncle Tom school. mizzou is a poo rat school. kids with a good head on their shoulders (i.e. our dudes) will realize that getting a good education is the most honky-whippin' thing they can do. so i'll keep our kids.

• Replies 996
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

in the respect that his transfers get to run around and do what they want and rack up big scoring numbers, yes his transfers are successful. and sadly, that's a better showcase for the NBA than our system, though we're getting more and more fast-paced, which i'm fine with as long as our D is shitkicking awesome.

oh, and i'll address the elephant in the room as well. aside from mizzou being in a much more lucrative conference, with a more "fun" system and bags of cash and strippers, there's one underlying reason why an idiot college kid would chose them over us:

SLU is perceived as an Uncle Tom school. mizzou is a poo rat school. kids with a good head on their shoulders (i.e. our dudes) will realize that getting a good education is the most honky-whippin' thing they can do. so i'll keep our kids.

Except all his transfers were putting up big, if not bigger numbers at their old schools.

After further review, CB probably does belong at Mizzou. If CB did not like ND, Coach Brey or his teammates, then why did he start school again this second year?

In short, there is a right way and wrong way to do things and CB has done things the wrong way. And yes, it is possible for a kid to change his mind or to get a school and realize that what was promised is not what was delivered or what he thought it would be. When that happens, you leave the program -- but you do it the right way -- and you finish what you started and you leave after the year (last Spring/this Spring). Scholarships are a one (1) deal and CB should have left in March/last Spring (or he should have played this year and then left after this Spring. Such a move would have allowed ND/Brey to replace CB in the Spring or at least to replace him the Fall. Instead, CB accepted a scholarship again from ND, made promises to his teammates and coach, attended classes, lied to everyone about him being on a 5 year program and now is off to Mizzou. Quitting before your Sophomore year is the wrong way.

Either CB is not as good as everyone thinks and has been recruited over by a not so good ND basketball team, realized this Fall that he would not be a starter on this average ND team, quit on his teammates and coach and then stayed around ND's campus lying about his intentions or he is a selfish, temperamental prima donna, with an ego and attitude problem who doesn't listen to coaches, and who quits on his teammates and coaches. Either way, I am glad his is not at SLU!!

We have two players who left their prior schools before their sophomore year. ND has time to sign a spring signee. We are looking to sign a Spring recruit. It's not too late.

there's one underlying reason why an idiot college kid would chose them over us:

Loved it!

Apparently there was a post game Haith interview on local news last night, and he was saying that his team was screwing around too much before the game and were not prepared. If Haith can't even prepare his team, how is he even a coach at the D-1 level?

Something that has always boggled me is that there are so many coaches in D-1 that can land some of the best recruits/transfers in the country, but they are SO bad at actually coaching. If you're a bad coach, how do you elevate yourself to that level where you can get good recruits? It never made any sense to me...

Apparently there was a post game Haith interview on local news last night, and he was saying that his team was screwing around too much before the game and were not prepared. If Haith can't even prepare his team, how is he even a coach at the D-1 level?

Something that has always boggled me is that there are so many coaches in D-1 that can land some of the best recruits/transfers in the country, but they are SO bad at actually coaching. If you're a bad coach, how do you elevate yourself to that level where you can get good recruits? It never made any sense to me...

It's pretty easy to understand. Haith is a recruiter plain an simple. He had a long run as an assistant coach before landing his first HC job at Miami. It is very likely that his main responsibility was just recruiting and he didn't game plan or coach much. He then lands a HC job based the success of the program he is an AC for. What is mind boggling is why, after a very mediocre run at Miami, Mizzou decided to hire him? IIRC they put all of their chips in the Matt Painter basket and then were left scrambling a bit.

I think Frank Haith will be gone in 4 years. He may be a good recruiter, but has to be one of the worst coaches in college basketball. I have watched 5 or 6 games this year, and can still not tell you what kind of offense he runs. The team has no discipline and no purpose. I predict no better than a 500 record in the SEC, Nit team at best....

I said the same thing to my son after the GA game - MO had no offensive scheme - it was just playground style to me. No wonder once Clarkson went cold it all fell apart. Some coaches can get away with that approach but they have to have the top players to do so.

Maybe CB has agreed to wear a wire for the FBI during his visits to Columbia and after enough evidence is obtained he'll announce he's coming to SLU. How's that for a wild theory.

Look at North Carolina. They have all those high school All Americans and look how they are struggling. I would like to see how Roy Williams, coach K, John Caliperi? and the other coaches who always get 4 and 5 star players would do with the kind of talent we get. Would they be as successful as Majerus, Crews, Smart or any of the coaches with 2 and 3 star talent who coach their teams to the NCAA Tournament on a consistent basis?

Look at North Carolina. They have all those high school All Americans and look how they are struggling. I would like to see how Roy Williams, coach K, John Caliperi? and the other coaches who always get 4 and 5 star players would do with the kind of talent we get. Would they be as successful as Majerus, Crews, Smart or any of the coaches with 2 and 3 star talent who coach their teams to the NCAA Tournament on a consistent basis?

Coach k? Really?

Calipari takes too much crap. The guy can coach. He took over a UMass program that hadn't been to NCAA tournament in 30 years and took them to the Sweet 16 before Camby ever arrived at UMass.

Coach k? Really?

Coach K never wins unless he has a superstar. When Grant Hill got hurt coach K conveniently got sick and sat the rest of the year because it was evident the team was going nowhere. With the talent he gets Duke should get to at least the Elite 8 EVERY YEAR! What did Kentucky do with all those 5 star players they had last year? If Crews had wasted that kind of talent this board would want to run him out of town. They did not win the NIT game they played. Take the 5 star players away and then see how far their teams get. Who would not get good results with the talent they continuously get, besides Haith? Yes, Coach K.

Calipari takes too much crap. The guy can coach. He took over a UMass program that hadn't been to NCAA tournament in 30 years and took them to the Sweet 16 before Camby ever arrived at UMass.

Well there is that little matter about two of his Final Four appearances (UMass and Memphis) being stripped from the record books.

Coach K never wins unless he has a superstar. When Grant Hill got hurt coach K conveniently got sick and sat the rest of the year because it was evident the team was going nowhere. With the talent he gets Duke should get to at least the Elite 8 EVERY YEAR! What did Kentucky do with all those 5 star players they had last year? If Crews had wasted that kind of talent this board would want to run him out of town. They did not win the NIT game they played. Take the 5 star players away and then see how far their teams get. Who would not get good results with the talent they continuously get, besides Haith? Yes, Coach K.

Coach K's teams have been a 1 or 2 seed 15 of the last 17 seasons. Meanwhile Calipari missed the tournament and was one-and-done in the NIT with last season's team, and Roy Williams missed the tournament recently with SEVEN McD's All Americans on his roster.